PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news !!!! holcomb to start vs miami

shotgun
10-05-2005, 02:19 PM
WGR55 IS REPORTING NOW THAT MM WITLL HAVE A PRESS CONF @ 3:45 TO STATE HOLCOMB WILL START VS MIAMI

Jimbuktu
10-05-2005, 02:23 PM
**** that ****

JD
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
HEY WE MIGHT WIN NOW HORRAY!

northernbillfan
10-05-2005, 02:36 PM
What happened to staying the course?

Demon
10-05-2005, 02:38 PM
I am happy, because it gives us a chance to win. And we need it badly this week against Miami. We win next 2 games, then we're right in the middle of the playoff run for the divison, but if we don't, we can always finish the season with Losman like the Giants did with Manning.

But, i hope they know what they are doing and they don't ruin the kids head like Steve Spurrier and Joe Gibbs did with Patrick Ramsey.

LtBillsFan66
10-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I doubt it.

BAM
10-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Not a good move for Mularkey's career... most likely.

Holcomb is no better than JP, IMO.

DraftBoy
10-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Anybody got an confirmation sources?

Ebenezer
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
it has to beg the question...is Holcombe better than Drew Bledsoe...if not then you have to ask why Bledsoe was let go if you are not going to let the kid grow. Ralph putting on the pressure to win now??

BAM
10-05-2005, 02:45 PM
it has to beg the question...is Holcombe better than Drew Bledsoe...if not then you have to ask why Bledsoe was let go if you are not going to let the kid grow. Ralph putting on the pressure to win now?? No he is not.

I was kind of neutral on the issue when he was let go. Now... if this is true... I'm leaning towards, shouldn't have done it for at least one more year.

OpIv37
10-05-2005, 02:46 PM
this is just nuts. Look people- get with the times. The D sucks and the season's over. Just let JP learn and start over next year.

If we lose even with Holcomb, Mularkey is going to look like a complete ass. I think he's gonna get ****canned in the offseason.

BAM
10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
If we lose even with Holcomb, Mularkey is going to look like a complete ass. I think he's gonna get ****canned in the offseason.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

JD
10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Its 3:48...any news yet?

Ebenezer
10-05-2005, 02:49 PM
No he is not.

I was kind of neutral on the issue when he was let go. Now... if this is true... I'm leaning towards, shouldn't have done it for at least one more year.
the time to let Bledsoe go was before the 2004 season...once the decision was made to keep him the Bills basically set up a situation where any replacement had to be better than DB...jmo.

don137
10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't think anyone expected Losman to play this bad. With his bad play it seems like MM has also made bad decisions this year. It is almost like MM is panicking based on what is happening at the QB spot and not making good decisions. Not sure if he is always made bad decisions and JP is exposing it or if he is just desparate.

DBrown77
10-05-2005, 02:57 PM
vtext - parrish "doubtful" its good not to see "out"
waiting for qb news

Devin
10-05-2005, 02:59 PM
While this move may help the immediate future and I do stress MAY, its going to hurt us in the long run. JP is playing horrible but the only way to get him better is solid coaching and experience. Benching him will only hurt his progress and this team in the future.

L.A. Playa
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
According to Yahoo JP is gonna start so this is all BS

Captain Obvious
Its 3:48...any news yet?
Nothing has been confirmed. But when Mularkey told the media "I won't comment on any starters" that statement pretty much confirmed that Holcomb will be starting this week.

Gunzlingr
well I guess we can learn to lose with Holcomb as well as JP. As far as I am concerned, we should let JP play and learn.

BAM
10-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Nothing from BB.com except this:

Wednesday News

The Bills look to get back on the winning track this week when they return home to face their division rivals the Miami Dolphins. The two teams have played at least twice every season since 1966, with Miami holding a 49-32-1 overall series lead. The home team has won 12 of the past 18 games and the team winning the turnover battle has taken 16 of the past 17. Head Coach Mike Mularkey will speak to the media today at 3:45 PM. Visit shortly afterward for complete audio and the official injury report

DBrown77
10-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Maybe this hype will get Jp motivated

DMBcrew36
10-05-2005, 03:13 PM
how realiable is this information??

pjw
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM
found this
http://www.wben.com/newsroom/fullstory.php?newsid=03803

Pride
10-05-2005, 03:18 PM
I look at it this way... If Kelly starts this week... with a full week of full reps.... and we win... then MM looks like a genius! You keep Kelly in as long as he plays well enough to win. If by week 7 he looks as bad as JP... what have you lost?? 2 games that JP didnt start? Big deal... at least MM is TRYING to fix the problem.

Noone is saying that if Kelly doenst play well, he will keep the job... lets see what he does for 1 week against the dolphins... if the bills win... and the O isnt horrid... then it was the right choice! If he plays badly, you simply switch back to JP next week... no harm done!

But right now, I really dont have any confidence that JP can get the job done on Sunday. So this little ray of sunshine is better than nothing!

DBrown77
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM
This is driving me crazy.

Maybe he wouldn't comment to keep Miami thinking and possibly alter the game plan?

Griz78
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Dumb! Should have kept Bledsoe then!

Jt0323
10-05-2005, 03:20 PM
well find out game day!

Pride
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
God after listening to that audio of his press conference.... I would have had more respect for MM had he stood up and said "Yes Kelly is our starter this week.. we need a spark, and I am not above admitting that JP isnt getting it done"

Instead, he ignores the questions... and sidesteps everything. He didnt start out like that last season....

Jerk.

BAM
10-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Dumb! Should have kept Bledsoe then!
:up:

Captain Obvious
10-05-2005, 03:28 PM
God after listening to that audio of his press conference.... I would have had more respect for MM had he stood up and said "Yes Kelly is our starter this week.. we need a spark, and I am not above admitting that JP isnt getting it done"

Instead, he ignores the questions... and sidesteps everything. He didnt start out like that last season....

Jerk.
Yep. The guys on WGR are laughing their *ss*s off, over the way MM handled the PC. Where is the leadership? The conviction?

pjw
10-05-2005, 03:29 PM
some of the coments TD makes in this are interesting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=2180680

dplus47
10-05-2005, 03:29 PM

Jerk.
this may seem ridiculous, but does it bug you guys to have a quarterback named kelly, even if it's his first name? (i'm a fins fan, though not a smack talker). it's difficult to see bills' fans using that name in a QB thread without thinking of jim.

L.A. Playa
10-05-2005, 03:34 PM
heard Coach Mularkey gave JP some new advice, Visualize and ATTACK!! Visualize and ATTAK !!!

Jimbuktu
10-05-2005, 03:35 PM
yes, that is ridiculous

Devin
10-05-2005, 03:37 PM
this may seem ridiculous, but does it bug you guys to have a quarterback named kelly, even if it's his first name? (i'm a fins fan, though not a smack talker). it's difficult to see bills' fans using that name in a QB thread without thinking of jim.

A fin fan who isnt a smack talker? Good lord, there are like 50 of em floating around here saying Dolphins are going to win 50-3. Realistic bunch they are.

Anyway yeah I see what you mean, it is a little.

The one area the Dolphins and Bills are similar is we both had HOF franchise QB's for years and ever since we have been stuck in mediocrity QB wise.

shotgun
10-05-2005, 03:46 PM
why would mm give who the starter is med week

BAM
10-05-2005, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't state that info. either if I didn't have to. Keep them guessing. Good strategy.

Samphin1
10-05-2005, 03:55 PM
This is driving me crazy.

Maybe he wouldn't comment to keep Miami thinking and possibly alter the game plan?

Alter the gameplan? What? Like it is going to change. Blitz early and often. Kelly just provides a more stationary target than Losman imo. Either way, expect a healthy dose of Seau, Thomas, Taylor and the rest of the D-line coming forward.

juice
10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
A Win at MIA puts this team in a much better Divisional situation.. NE isn't looking as dominant as last year and the Jets have struggled as much as the Bills.

This Phins game is huge and Holcomb gives you a better chance to win.. I don't know why everyone is prepared to write off this season when we've yet to play a Division game and have not lost in the conference.

NativeFin
10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't state that info. either if I didn't have to. Keep them guessing. Good strategy.
either way,the Miami D game plan can't change much .... key Mcgayee stop the run, extreme pressure on whoever the QB will be. Buffalo will have to combine all the passing yards over your last 4 games to have a chance, which isn't gonna happen. I'd say MM made that move to take pressure off himself from the bill fanbase if anything.

Iehoshua
10-05-2005, 04:11 PM
This move stinks. Once Cinci named Palmer the starter, they didn't play pull-the-QB even when they struggled. Eli started last year and looked terrible the first few games, but did they sit him for Warner? Not that I knew of... Flip-flopping folly is going to set the team back another 5 years. This regime is losing its appeal fast. Not every QB is coming out of the gates like Big Ben or Tom Brady.... Get it?

Mudflap1
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Ralph must be getting pissed. These guys screwed this whole thing up in the offseason, and now they are paying for it by not knowing what to do once the team struggles. Nice poise from our braintrust at One Bills Drive. Good to know there is a lot of rock-solid leadership.

Jon

finsrclowns
10-05-2005, 04:19 PM

I guess it depends. What kind of meds are we talking about? :question:

finsrclowns
10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
This move stinks.

What move? Did Mularkey give you an inside scoop? Until I see or hear otherwise I'm assuming JP is the starter.

WCoastFin
10-05-2005, 04:26 PM
wow, if this is the case indeed, what a shocker....Forget about destroying JP Losman's confidence, this is going to shatter the whole team's confidence, not to mention, it goes to show how much confidence Mularkey has in his QB's.....QB carousel here we go, I'm lovin it! LMAO!

Could JP Losman officially be a bust this early just as I predicted??? stay tuned!!!

Iehoshua
10-05-2005, 04:27 PM
What move? Did Mularkey give you an inside scoop? Until I see or hear otherwise I'm assuming JP is the starter.
The move to start Kelly Holcomb stinks assuming it's true, better?

Yes, Mularkey just called my cell phone, he said he's having tacos for dinner, then hung up.

poornate
10-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Kelly Holcomb: Will Not Start SundayRotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com (http://www.rotowire.com/users/ad_jump.asp?id=999)
Wednesday, October 5, 2005 Update: Holcomb, who made his second relief appearance for J.P. Losman (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781/) in Sunday's loss to New Orleans, going 3 of 6 for 28 yards, will not start Sunday's game against the Dolphins. Recommendation: Losman has been downright terrible, but coach Mike Mularkey is sticking with him. You can view Holcomb as more like a bullpen option for the time being, where Losman will start and Holcomb will come in for a spark if the youngster is playing poorly. How that helps anyone's fantasy team, we've yet to figure out.

poornate
10-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Thought I might contribute.

justasportsfan
10-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Thought I might contribute. Just go find me a used Nissan Frontier , short cab, 4 X 4 , 4 door, will ya. Preferably black or silver. Thanks.

Novacane
10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
This organization has absolutely no plan or direction.

justasportsfan
10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
If this is indeed true, this smells like a Ralph Wilson decision.

ShadowHawk7
10-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks a lot Nate, and welcome to the zone! This is good news IMO. I think Losman will keep his mistakes to a minimum and get the home crowd factor to go with him. I think MM will look to get a fast start w/ JP, and get the crowd pumped like he did in the Texans game.

Michael82
10-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Definitely. This is where the old man is knocking on Mike Mularkey's door and demanding that he bench JP Losman and start Kelly Holcomb. This is what everybody talks about when they say that Ralph butts into things and doesnt let the coach do his job, the GM do his job. This move really pisses me off!

BILL$ B@$HER
10-05-2005, 04:41 PM
this is just nuts. Look people- get with the times. The D sucks and the season's over. Just let JP learn and start over next year.

I cant believe i agree with you, but your right. changing qb is not going to fix your problem. you have to let losman play or if your not than get rid of him or make him 2nd string.

Novacane
10-05-2005, 04:43 PM

I agree.

Ebenezer
10-05-2005, 04:49 PM

souns like Ralph wants to win now.

colin
10-05-2005, 04:49 PM
do any of you think we have anywhere near as good of a chance to win with JP than with Holcombe?

if we pull JP and put in Kelly in order to win our first division game, this move is great.

the bottom line is we are NOT out of anything yet, we down one win to the division leader, and if we sweep these fins and jests and split with JP, we have a damn good shot at winning the division, for the first time since when, 96 or earlier?

while on paper holcombe might not be better than bledsoe, bledsoe responded to the vote of confidence and the new situation, kelly might do so as well.

the only downside is if holcombe sucks, and we lose. well that would be the outcome of losman, and if that is the case then we clear out some sh__ty coaches.

let's win against miami

poornate
10-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Just go find me a used Nissan Frontier , short cab, 4 X 4 , 4 door, will ya. Preferably black or silver. Thanks.
What year? And will you be catching a ride to DC or flying down to get it?

Gunzlingr
10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
wow, if this is the case indeed, what a shocker....Forget about destroying JP Losman's confidence, this is going to shatter the whole team's confidence, not to mention, it goes to show how much confidence Mularkey has in his QB's.....QB carousel here we go, I'm lovin it! LMAO!Could JP Losman officially be a bust this early just as I predicted??? stay tuned!!!Funny how ignorance returns after being gone all of last season when the fins sucked ass.

frank74
10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
this entire organization is in shambles. mularkey coaches like a schizophrenic who lost his meds. the guy is incapable of making key decisions and doesn't bring much to the table in knowledge. i feel bad for the team. they have to put up with this b.s. how can you rally and regain morale when you have a bunch of "homers" running your team. and, if ralph is stupid enough to think it's jp's fault, well he's just as guilty as the rest of them. where's polian when we need him most.

JD
10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I just seen the press conference on news Channel 2. Haha. When they asked MM that question it looks like he crapped himself :lol: He said JP was without a doubt, the starter on Sunday after the game. But now, he avoids the question....I guess we know who's starting for us on Sunday. Or, maybe MM is taking up acting and is messin' with all our heads, possibly attempting to change the gameplan of the Dolphins?

Novacane
10-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I just seen the press conference on news Channel 2. Haha. When they asked MM that question it looks like he crapped himself :lol: He said JP was without a doubt, the starter on Sunday after the game. But now, he avoids the question....?

That's how you know this move was ordered by the old fart.

Michael82
10-05-2005, 05:18 PM
That's how you know this move was ordered by the old fart.
Exactly! I bet Coach Mularkey was pissed about this move. But his boss probably demanded it.

Mudflap1
10-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Exactly! I bet Coach Mularkey was pissed about this move. But his boss probably demanded it.
Mikey, you are shooting the wrong guy. Please read my post under the thread you started about the quarterback controversy.

Jon

Tatonka
10-05-2005, 06:42 PM

:shakeno:

jpdex12
10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Nothing has been confirmed. But when Mularkey told the media "I won't comment on any starters" that statement pretty much confirmed that Holcomb will be starting this week.
Jesus guys! Get a grip. MM is just friggin with the Dolphins so they plan for both of them and not concentrate on just one.

As for all of the skiddish fans that we have here, settle the hell down. So many of you were chompin at the bits to ****can DB so we could go with JP and now some of those same fans can't wait to ****can JP for KH. Don't you get sick of jumping the fence?

What makes you (now anti-JP fans) think that KH is gonna step in and win games for us? Yeah he has had a few high passing games but he couldn't win a friggin starting job because he couldn't stay healthy and he couldn't beat out Couch. Sounds like an inconsistent pattern....isn't that what you are complaining about JP for?

Stay the course MM!

pleasesavedrew
10-05-2005, 07:18 PM
even though the press conference wasn't today, i have info from a very realiable source thats its gonna happen 2marow

Mudflap1
10-05-2005, 07:30 PM
even though the press conference wasn't today, i have info from a very realiable source thats its gonna happen 2marowIs your source "Mama?" :lmao:

Jon

HAMMER
10-05-2005, 08:11 PM
What a joke, I am fed up. Fed up with the fence jumpers on this board, fed up with the Bills organization, fed up with losing.

The Bills made this bed by cutting Bledsoe, the Bills need to lie in the messy bed for this year and let their investment "grow". JP is for all intents and purposes a rookie, did they really think he would take them deep into the playoffs? Looks to me like Donahoe was just trying to play keep up with the Jones' (Steelers).

The_Philster
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
What makes you (now anti-JP fans) think that KH is gonna step in and win games for us? Yeah he has had a few high passing games but he couldn't win a friggin starting job because he couldn't stay healthy and he couldn't beat out Couch. good point :scratch: I know when watching the Bills-Browns scrimmage in Cleveland in 2003, Kelly seemed to play better yet they played musical QBs

HHURRICANE
10-05-2005, 09:00 PM

You know things are bad when I actually agree with most of your post. Mularkey won't get canned this offseason, but maybe next.

This team is very bad. Let Losman play. Ralph should stick with tennis because this is not a playoff team. If TD and Ralph think they have a chance they are sadly mistaken.:loser: :loser: :loser:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-05-2005, 09:25 PM
http://wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=32068

Bert102176
10-05-2005, 09:28 PM
if Holcomb starts MM needs to be fired, if JP really is to be our future then he is the one that needs to be in there getting the reps and the starts, if you take that away then there will go his confidence, he needs the experience so he needs to stay as the starter

BAM
10-05-2005, 09:34 PM
http://wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=32068
Your sig still doesn't work.

finsrclowns
10-05-2005, 09:57 PM
This thread title should be changed to "Pure Speculation: Holcomb will Start Sunday"

Even if it turns out to be true, which I sincerely doubt, the doomsday reactions in this thread are way over the top IMO. And if accepting a rumor as fact isn't bad enough, some are already jumping to the next level of speculation and pinning the decision on Ralph. Personally I'll wait until something factual comes out. :shakeno:

finsrclowns
10-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Ok, it's still a rumor but I just saw it mentioned as a possibility on KFFL (sorry no link) so maybe it's true.

vicmantak
10-05-2005, 10:51 PM
some of the coments TD makes in this are interesting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=2180680pjw,

Thanks for the link. It was really interesting and I can only say that the following paragraph shows the clear difference between a mediocre and a winning team:

"The Giants came at it from the other direction. Eli Manning (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6760), the No. 1 overall choice last year, threw only nine passes in the first nine games as Kurt Warner (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4541) started. With the team 5-4 and coming off two losses, Tom Coughlin switched to Manning. He lost his first six starts before winning the regular-season finale against Dallas. This year, Manning has shown surprising poise in leading the Giants to a 3-1 record. He has completed 43 of 76 passes for 648 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions in the last two games".

As Chargers, Pittsburgh and recently SF, it's evident that Giants started the best option to win and then, develop (or build) their own future.

vicmantak
10-05-2005, 11:02 PM
if Holcomb starts MM needs to be fired, if JP really is to be our future then he is the one that needs to be in there getting the reps and the starts, if you take that away then there will go his confidence, he needs the experience so he needs to stay as the starterAgree but not in this way. If Holcomb starts MM might be fired because he simply didn't start the best option to win. HE IS A TOTAL FAKE FROM THIS POINT OF VIEW and it seems that a winner is way behind to do this kind of key-decissions...

BAM
10-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Has this been posted yet?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051005/NEWS01/51005003

BSXIII
10-05-2005, 11:05 PM
It's amazing how people overrate the QB position. Whether it's giving them credit for wins, blaming them for losses, or giving up seasons to develop them.

Teams win or lose based on how good they are as a team, not how good their QB is. If you look around the league over the past 5 seasons you'll see plenty examples of playoff teams switching/losing QB's and hardly missing a beat (Pitt, STL, Denver, Oakland, and Philly), and crap teams that have had QB carosels and remained crap teams.

That said, developing a QB can never be a teams top priority. If players on this team are doubting Losman now (as it appears they are), sticking with him can cause the rest of the team to lose confidence in the coach/organization. Players want to win and increase their market value. Losing while looking bad in the process is demoralizing to these guys. Hearing that the team is developing a QB as they get a year older and put up less productive stats will not fly with the rest of the team. If the organization faces the dilemma of either hurting JP's little feelings, or losing the confidence of the rest of the team, that's an easy decision to make.

In any event, this mess was not created in one day. After years of scapegoats, false promises, and throwing problems under the rug, the **** is finally starting to hit the fan for this front office. Things are about to get really ugly.

JD
10-05-2005, 11:07 PM
do any of you think we have anywhere near as good of a chance to win with JP than with Holcombe?

if we pull JP and put in Kelly in order to win our first division game, this move is great.

the bottom line is we are NOT out of anything yet, we down one win to the division leader, and if we sweep these fins and jests and split with JP, we have a damn good shot at winning the division, for the first time since when, 96 or earlier?

while on paper holcombe might not be better than bledsoe, bledsoe responded to the vote of confidence and the new situation, kelly might do so as well.

the only downside is if holcombe sucks, and we lose. well that would be the outcome of losman, and if that is the case then we clear out some sh__ty coaches.

let's win against miami

Holcomb didnt play much and fumbled twice didnt he?

lordofgun
10-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Hooray! Holcomb has been awesome in relief so far!!

BillsFever21
10-06-2005, 11:57 AM
5-9 for 28 yards and 2 fumbles. I'm so excited I need to make a trip to the bathroom.