PDA

View Full Version : Peerless Price a Dolphin!!???

WCoastFin
01-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Someone else posted this but I wanted to see if any of you had any confirmed reports about it....

Down here in sunny south florida, there is a show called Sports Extra. It is on every Sunday night at 12 and they talk about the Dolphins most of the time. Drew Rosenhous (sp?) is a major agent for A LOT of players in the NFL. He lives in SoFla and is always on this show talking about the fins... He is an agent to Rob Konrad, Jeremy Shocky and much more...

He said that Peerless Price is 90% sure he wants to become a Dolphin. He said that he wants 5 million dollars... and the reason he is leaving the Bills is because they refused to make him a franchise player... Im not sure that the fins will make him a FP, but he should be a fin this offseason...

I know there has not been a lot of talk about this, but remember last january, when the RW rumors started, no one beleived them... but Dave came throught for us and the rumor was for real...

LMB
01-08-2003, 05:43 PM
They will tag his ass rather then let him go to the fish

Buffarama
01-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Blasphemy.

4thAndLong
01-08-2003, 06:08 PM
WCF....

Your hopes for Peerless wont happen. You have bigger needs and Price is too expensive. IMO, Chambers and Price cant co-exist, and Price is a beneficiary of Bledsoe, and a run-and-shoot offense, something you dont have in Florida. He's average without all of that and Moulds.

Go ahead, take our most overrated player and find out his true colors.

don137
01-08-2003, 06:11 PM
If the story is true, which I find it a little hard to believe because Peerless should know he is not good enough to be franchised because he would make the avarage salary of the top 5 at his position and he should in no way be paid in the top five WR salaries. Of course I don't think if ou are labeled a franchise player a players bonus does not count as salary. If it is true, you will only get him for one year or so because the Dolphins will be so far over the cap that they will have to cut him loose.

RedEyE
01-08-2003, 06:24 PM
That's all fine and good, but who is going to throw the ball to him?
:snicker:

shelby
01-08-2003, 06:25 PM
:rofl: BAMF!!!

If PP goes to the fish, i will :puke:

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2003, 06:32 PM
While it is certaintly possible how can someone make a statement that Peerless is 90% positive he wants to be a dolphin? Why not 85 or 92%. It just sounds stupid to me. The phins can have him!!!

lordofgun
01-08-2003, 07:25 PM
How can he be mad he wasn't franchised when you can't even franchise someone yet? :stupid:

Tatonka
01-08-2003, 07:53 PM
that is the biggest crock of **** i have heard yet.. of all the teams peerless might go to.. the soon to be salary cap strapped dolphins will NOT be it..

he will be in atlanta way before miami. promise.

my pucas and fielder or vick.. let me think.

Doc
01-08-2003, 07:55 PM
I'll bet Price is "90% sure" he wants to be a member of almost every team in the league. It only drives up his price, so to speak. As for the FP thing, stupid. That won't happen for a few months still.

ArcticWildMan
01-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Philadelphia.....Peerless Price's new home.

itsandthings
01-08-2003, 08:05 PM
First of all, no player wants to be franchised because it would mean a 1-yr deal with little security beyond that. Players want guaranteed money in the form of a large signing bonus up front.

Second, unless he has changed agents recently, Drew Rosenhaus does not represent Price. Price's agent of record is Timothy McGee.

Novacane
01-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Please WCF................do you really believe Peerless is 90% sure he want's to go to any team? He will be 100% sure he is going to the team that gives him the most cash

itsandthings
01-08-2003, 08:12 PM
One thing... If Miami wanted to make a move for Price, the salary cap wouldn't be a problem. They aren't in terrible cap shape, although they do have to re-work the contracts of a few players. In a couple years they will have to make some tough decisions, however.

You guys are under the impression that half the league is in cap jail. That is not true, there are only a handful of teams that have severe cap restrictions right now.

The amount a team is under the cap at the present time is not relevant. What is relevant is how much money they have spread into the future in the form of signing bonus amortization. A contract with a lot of bonus money spread into the future is heavily leveraged and the team has little flexibility with those contracts. If those contracts are with players who aren't performing well or are getting old, then that kills the cap.

Right now, the Dolphins have some heavily leveraged contracts, but they are with their best players (Z. Thomas, J. Taylor, etc.). Thus, while at the present time they are over the cap, they have a lot of flexibility to rework contracts and create the cap room they will need to make a play in FA. Their flexibility won't be limited for another couple seasons, when their best players get older and their contracts become an issue.

Cntrygal
01-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Good post itsandthings!!!

JefftheBillsfan
01-08-2003, 08:27 PM
I think the only way PP can help the Bills more than playing for them is going to Miami and screwing up their cap. Who starts Jay Fiedler at QB, and has 2 top young WRs that wont get to make any plays, the Dolphins of course.

Jeff1220
01-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
... but Dave came throught for us...

How can you even utter that phrase after this season. He's, most likely, what's keeping your team down.

(I know it's out of context, but I couldn't resist)

ublinkwescore
01-09-2003, 01:54 AM
WCF is a rocket scientist you guys - you just wait and see, he'll prove it one of these days... when hell freezes over.

justasportsfan
01-09-2003, 07:33 AM
Peerless will outrun Fiedlers fastest throw.

Madden:
" What a catch ladies and gentlemen! Peerless made his 25 completion with his ass. "

Bulldog
01-09-2003, 07:53 AM
I am not saying that it is out of the realm of possibility that Peerless will become a Dolphin, but lets be realistic here. PP will go where he can get the most $$$.

Then he will find out how difficult it is to be the #1 reciever. IMO, he will not come close to putting up the numbers that he did this year for Buffalo.

If I were the Bills, I would let him test the market and see what he gets offered. Josh Reed would look good at that #2 spot. However, Buffalo would need to sign a FA reciever to be the #3.

justasportsfan
01-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Buffalo would need to sign a FA reciever to be the #3.

Yeah, get that WR from the Chargers. What's his name...? Flutie!:madshake:

SABURZFAN
01-09-2003, 09:07 AM
keep dreaming wheat toast.you have madison,surtain,thomas,and taylor making about $20 million of your salary cap.what's ricky's number towards the cap?it has to be at least a couple million.mare's making $1.5 millionthat's about a 1/3 of your cap taken up on ONLY 6 players.if they sign price,ricky would have to go to FB and minor to RB.if i remember right,you have no FBs signed for next year.unless you're going to sign a bunch of minimum wage bums to fill out your roster,price won't even be a thought in miami unless they start restructuring contracts or trade someone who currently has a big contract.but then,they would probably still pay some of that contract even if he/they are playing with another team.

fabolouspaul
01-09-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Someone else posted this but I wanted to see if any of you had any confirmed reports about it....

Down here in sunny south florida, there is a show called Sports Extra. It is on every Sunday night at 12 and they talk about the Dolphins most of the time. Drew Rosenhous (sp?) is a major agent for A LOT of players in the NFL. He lives in SoFla and is always on this show talking about the fins... He is an agent to Rob Konrad, Jeremy Shocky and much more...

He said that Peerless Price is 90% sure he wants to become a Dolphin. He said that he wants 5 million dollars... and the reason he is leaving the Bills is because they refused to make him a franchise player... Im not sure that the fins will make him a FP, but he should be a fin this offseason...

I know there has not been a lot of talk about this, but remember last january, when the RW rumors started, no one beleived them... but Dave came throught for us and the rumor was for real...

Arent you from California? How would you even know about that show from all the way in California?

LABillsFan
01-09-2003, 10:24 AM
The team of Price and Fiedler scares me as much as K johnson and Rob Johnson.

Mr B
01-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Why would the dolphins even want price? They have other needs besides a WR.

LABillsFan
01-09-2003, 11:33 AM
On Herald.com, in the Dolphin forum, there is some speculation the RW won't be back and other tidbits of somewhat useless info. Here's the link, the thread is on page 2.

http://forums.realcities.com/discussion/boardshow.cfm?msgboard=9995154620851792&idDispSub=5163049173389837&msg=-1&viewmode=987679183411

TedMock
01-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Price was on ESPN radio right at the end of the season and he said that his first choice would be to remain a Bill. He acknowledged that the Redskins and Atlanta would be a good fit but never even said a peep about the dolphins. I listened to the whole interview on my lunch break. I was actually late getting back into work because of it.

iceblizzard69
01-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Since we are on the subject on percentages:

I am 50% sure Rosenhaus is still his agent
I am 90% sure that Wanny is the reason that we sucked this year
I am 95% sure that I don't want the Dolphins to sign Peerless Price
I am 100% sure that Price will go where the most money is

The Dolphins have one FB signed for next year, Deon Dyer. The Dolphins will do everything they can to bring back Rob Konrad, and I think he will stay. We will have to pay him a big salary for a FB, but he is very valuable to us as a blocker and pass catcher and he fits Norv's system very well. He was the only Dolphin to catch a pass in every game. A bunch of teams that run a WCO will try to sign Konrad, but I just don't see him leaving unless another team offers a ton of money.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 06:42 PM
I agree Blizz the Phins don't need Price that much if you ask me..

Ebenezer
01-09-2003, 06:45 PM
1. I don't think the fins will screw up their cap for years to come...they'll have enough problems as it is.

2. I believe if this is true that it is coming from Drew Rosenhaus. Best way for the agent to get more money for his client from his current team is to wave the arch rival in their face.

3. Finally, Drew Rosenhaus isn't his agent. Tim McGee is.