• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WCoastFin
    I have the arms of a new born baby!
    • Jul 2002

Peerless Price a Dolphin!!???

Someone else posted this but I wanted to see if any of you had any confirmed reports about it....

Down here in sunny south florida, there is a show called Sports Extra. It is on every Sunday night at 12 and they talk about the Dolphins most of the time. Drew Rosenhous (sp?) is a major agent for A LOT of players in the NFL. He lives in SoFla and is always on this show talking about the fins... He is an agent to Rob Konrad, Jeremy Shocky and much more...

He said that Peerless Price is 90% sure he wants to become a Dolphin. He said that he wants 5 million dollars... and the reason he is leaving the Bills is because they refused to make him a franchise player... Im not sure that the fins will make him a FP, but he should be a fin this offseason...

I know there has not been a lot of talk about this, but remember last january, when the RW rumors started, no one beleived them... but Dave came throught for us and the rumor was for real...
    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.
  • LMB
    • Nov 2002

They will tag his ass rather then let him go to the fish
    LMB

Comment

• Buffarama
      Football-Sport of the Gods
      • Jul 2002

Blasphemy.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
        I'm Really 4 and Short
        • Sep 2002

WCF....

Your hopes for Peerless wont happen. You have bigger needs and Price is too expensive. IMO, Chambers and Price cant co-exist, and Price is a beneficiary of Bledsoe, and a run-and-shoot offense, something you dont have in Florida. He's average without all of that and Moulds.

Go ahead, take our most overrated player and find out his true colors.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

If the story is true, which I find it a little hard to believe because Peerless should know he is not good enough to be franchised because he would make the avarage salary of the top 5 at his position and he should in no way be paid in the top five WR salaries. Of course I don't think if ou are labeled a franchise player a players bonus does not count as salary. If it is true, you will only get him for one year or so because the Dolphins will be so far over the cap that they will have to cut him loose.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

That's all fine and good, but who is going to throw the ball to him?

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

BAMF!!!

If PP goes to the fish, i will

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

While it is certaintly possible how can someone make a statement that Peerless is 90% positive he wants to be a dolphin? Why not 85 or 92%. It just sounds stupid to me. The phins can have him!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

How can he be mad he wasn't franchised when you can't even franchise someone yet?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

that is the biggest crock of **** i have heard yet.. of all the teams peerless might go to.. the soon to be salary cap strapped dolphins will NOT be it..

he will be in atlanta way before miami. promise.

my pucas and fielder or vick.. let me think.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Doc
                      • Dec 2002

I'll bet Price is "90% sure" he wants to be a member of almost every team in the league. It only drives up his price, so to speak. As for the FP thing, stupid. That won't happen for a few months still.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Philadelphia.....Peerless Price's new home.

Comment

• itsandthings
                          • Sep 2002

First of all, no player wants to be franchised because it would mean a 1-yr deal with little security beyond that. Players want guaranteed money in the form of a large signing bonus up front.

Second, unless he has changed agents recently, Drew Rosenhaus does not represent Price. Price's agent of record is Timothy McGee.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                            • Jul 2002

Please WCF................do you really believe Peerless is 90% sure he want's to go to any team? He will be 100% sure he is going to the team that gives him the most cash

Comment

• itsandthings
                              • Sep 2002

One thing... If Miami wanted to make a move for Price, the salary cap wouldn't be a problem. They aren't in terrible cap shape, although they do have to re-work the contracts of a few players. In a couple years they will have to make some tough decisions, however.

You guys are under the impression that half the league is in cap jail. That is not true, there are only a handful of teams that have severe cap restrictions right now.

The amount a team is under the cap at the present time is not relevant. What is relevant is how much money they have spread into the future in the form of signing bonus amortization. A contract with a lot of bonus money spread into the future is heavily leveraged and the team has little flexibility with those contracts. If those contracts are with players who aren't performing well or are getting old, then that kills the cap.

Right now, the Dolphins have some heavily leveraged contracts, but they are with their best players (Z. Thomas, J. Taylor, etc.). Thus, while at the present time they are over the cap, they have a lot of flexibility to rework contracts and create the cap room they will need to make a play in FA. Their flexibility won't be limited for another couple seasons, when their best players get older and their contracts become an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X