Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Per ESPN News ticker...

:rolleyes:

Captain Obvious
10-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Per ESPN News ticker...

:rolleyes:
Then Holcomb is starting. ANything that Len says about the bills is true because TD feeds him info, and Pastabelli never criticizes TD.

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2005, 12:11 AM
I've completely and utterly lost any remaining faith in this Bills' administration. Until they are gone, the team will never succeed.

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 12:13 AM
I've completely and utterly lost any remaining faith in this Bills' administration. Until they are gone, the team will never succeed.
Amen...

Nauseating...

Italian Stallion
10-06-2005, 12:17 AM
wow....

I wonder if everyones saving grace Kelly Holcomb plays like booty, MM will bring in LOSMAN for a spark???

You guys think he's worth a fantasy start as a wavier pick up?

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 12:20 AM
You guys think he's worth a fantasy start as a wavier pick up?
:rofl:

Unless your current fantasy QB is... dead maybe?

tampabay25690
10-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I think its the right MOVE!!!!!!

We want to win now right!!!!!!!!!!!!

frank74
10-06-2005, 12:24 AM
what a crying shame it must be for the players on this team. td, mm and rw should all be sick with themselves. once again, an incompetent administration ruins the morale and hope for anything good to happen for many years to come. disgusting.

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 12:25 AM

Sometimes I wish I smoked crack so I could have these dillusions...

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 12:34 AM
http://drudgereport.com/siren.gif
The JPD paddywagon is going after Mike 'buncha Malarky' and Dumb Tomahoe.

http://teamtakeo.com/paddywagon.jpg

gggbills
10-06-2005, 12:34 AM

Then I suggest we start running the ball

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Then I suggest we start running the ball
Where's HolyHolcomb?
:snicker:

So is this supposed to be like last year where we 'would have' benched Bledsoe at 0-4 if Losman was healthy?
:dizzy:

BSXIII
10-06-2005, 12:40 AM
I know this front office has been all about knee jerk reactions and sensationalism, but lets look past their antics for a minute. They've been throwing players and coaches under the bus for years now, giving false promises, bad assessments of teams, and all of their solutions backfire.

At this point it's all or nothing. The **** has hit the fan and this administration needs to put their best foot foward. Stop hiding behind excuses and false promises. After 5 years either put up, or shut up and get the hell out of town!

Nublar7
10-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Per ESPN News ticker...

:rolleyes::bf1:

Tinboy
10-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Ouch not the right move! I hope it's not true!

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 12:41 AM
get the hell out of town!
I'll take Get the Hell Out of Town for $1000, Alex!

http://pages.cthome.net/ryan_bugaj/images/trebek.jpg

Jan Reimers
10-06-2005, 01:41 AM
I was thinking the same thing. The front office and coaching staff are in complete disarray, unable to make a commitment, without a long term plan or philosophy, and totally unable to address the basic needs of this team.

The Bills look stupid and confused.

djjimkelly
10-06-2005, 02:21 AM
OUR organization is becoming a joke. i truly dont think i will watch bills again till losman starts again. i am completly disgusted with bills managment. and of course i want bills to win but i truly hope holcombe comes in a blows a big HORSE D!CK

Lexwhat
10-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Ok, so we can all agree that TD and MM are lame. But can't we at least wait until Kelly Holcomb plays a game for us? If Holcomb can't do anything, then I guess the season is pretty much lost. This is the reason we signed Holcomb in the first place. At least give the guy ONE GAME before we get so angry.

Now, is Holcomb out future? No way. But I dont care who our QB is as long as he helps us win. In reality, no one knows how Holcomb will perform against Miami. I'm sure there will be many mixed feelings.

Just give the man a chance!

The_Philster
10-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Ok, so we can all agree that TD and MM are lame. But can't we at least wait until Kelly Holcomb plays a game for us? If Holcomb can't do anything, then I guess the season is pretty much lost. This is the reason we signed Holcomb in the first place. At least give the guy ONE GAME before we get so angry.

Now, is Holcomb out future? No way. But I dont care who our QB is as long as he helps us win. In reality, no one knows how Holcomb will perform against Miami. I'm sure there will be many mixed feelings.

Just give the man a chance!It's not a question of giving Holcomb a chance...but it sends a poor message...that they're pretty much giving up on our 2nd 1st rd pick from a year ago. :down:

SABURZFAN
10-06-2005, 04:25 AM

let's draft ANOTHER wide receiver next year. :up:

Typ0
10-06-2005, 06:19 AM
honestly, I don't really like even browsing here sometimes because people are just plain moronic if you ask me. This is a good move and should have happened a week ago. JP does not have his head in the game yet and isn't able to perform...why should the rest of the team be tanked so he can learn? That is rediculous. With mediocre play...ie SOME consistent production...this team will make the playoffs with KH at QB. No, he isn't the long term answer he's just got a job to do right now and I hope he gets it done. All of you people who say a good team should be tanked so someone can learn are losing your marbles. There aren't enough opportunities for that kind of crappy attitude.

If you don't think it's very bad right now you are sadly mistaken...and it's a lot worse than it ever should be. We barely make 200 total yards per game on offense and our third down success rate is around 30%. Plus, we just lost three games against beatable teams...so we went through the lighter part of our schedule with this type of offensive production. And before you start yipping about how the defense sucks...the defense is SCREWED because we can't help them get field position or at least get some first downs to keep them off the field. There isn't one team in the league that probably even prepares for our defense right now...because they know they can do whatever they want and win because our offense is incompetent. And then there is the case of the OLine....well JP they can throw all the backfield at you if you can't get someone the ball...and you need to think click click click click and throw. He's not ready to play at this level and it's clear.

You act like it's guaranteed if we keep JP starting every week he's going to be the next Carson Palmer or Eli Manning...well I hate to tell you this there are no such guarantees. Let him sit with the knowledge he has from the games he's played (one too many that backed us up against a wall if you ask me). If KH can't get at least something done the season has been thrown away and JP can come in and get more learning time and we will see if he's a bust or not...but if our management goes forward with that attitude...we're just playing young players to figure out if they are a bust or not...well let's just say that's a team I am not going to be a fan of and neither should you. You people need to learn some standard risk analysis...it's not that complicated. Throwing away the entire season and taking the risk it will pay off next season is kind of silly. If it was guaranteed that might make sense...but it's not and it would be stupid. I would bet the coach in NY put in Eli last season the day after he was told that Eli would be his main guy comming into this season no matter what happened.

Typ0
10-06-2005, 06:24 AM
one other thing...this isn't giving up on JP either like people seem to think. If we were gonig to give up on him would we be paying him all that money? NO. He's in a professional world right now...it's time he learned how to work in the professional world as well.

SquishDaFish
10-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Nice post TypO I totally agree. We are not giving up on him its just the game hasnt slowed down for him yet. It usually takes time. So let him watch Live action form sideline instead of just film. We have to win and right now Kelly is our best chance.If our O does something it will help our D.

Tinboy
10-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Charles Robinson comments Murlakeys change of mind (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsrwC58qlEWFZE.AOQnw2HRDubYF?slug=cr-notebook100505&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

"Don't blame Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey if he suddenly changes his starting quarterback after steadfastly supporting J.P. Losman immediately following Sunday's loss to New Orleans. It never is and never will be fair for coaches to have to make a concrete endorsement of a player before seeing game film. If Mularkey saw something on the tape and changes his mind and yanks Losman, it doesn't make him wishy-washy. It makes him smart. "

X-Era
10-06-2005, 07:00 AM
honestly, I don't really like even browsing here sometimes because people are just plain moronic if you ask me. This is a good move and should have happened a week ago. JP does not have his head in the game yet and isn't able to perform...why should the rest of the team be tanked so he can learn? That is rediculous. With mediocre play...ie SOME consistent production...this team will make the playoffs with KH at QB. No, he isn't the long term answer he's just got a job to do right now and I hope he gets it done. All of you people who say a good team should be tanked so someone can learn are losing your marbles. There aren't enough opportunities for that kind of crappy attitude.

If you don't think it's very bad right now you are sadly mistaken...and it's a lot worse than it ever should be. We barely make 200 total yards per game on offense and our third down success rate is around 30%. Plus, we just lost three games against beatable teams...so we went through the lighter part of our schedule with this type of offensive production. And before you start yipping about how the defense sucks...the defense is SCREWED because we can't help them get field position or at least get some first downs to keep them off the field. There isn't one team in the league that probably even prepares for our defense right now...because they know they can do whatever they want and win because our offense is incompetent. And then there is the case of the OLine....well JP they can throw all the backfield at you if you can't get someone the ball...and you need to think click click click click and throw. He's not ready to play at this level and it's clear.

You act like it's guaranteed if we keep JP starting every week he's going to be the next Carson Palmer or Eli Manning...well I hate to tell you this there are no such guarantees. Let him sit with the knowledge he has from the games he's played (one too many that backed us up against a wall if you ask me). If KH can't get at least something done the season has been thrown away and JP can come in and get more learning time and we will see if he's a bust or not...but if our management goes forward with that attitude...we're just playing young players to figure out if they are a bust or not...well let's just say that's a team I am not going to be a fan of and neither should you. You people need to learn some standard risk analysis...it's not that complicated. Throwing away the entire season and taking the risk it will pay off next season is kind of silly. If it was guaranteed that might make sense...but it's not and it would be stupid. I would bet the coach in NY put in Eli last season the day after he was told that Eli would be his main guy comming into this season no matter what happened.
I think I can respectfully disagree without all the name calling (might want to give it a shot yourself).

I only need to hear 2 things from you; 1) how many games do you think we will win with Losman at the helm this year? 2) How many more games do you think we win with Holcomb?

To me its that simple. I truly believe that we go 5 and 11 with Losman, and maybe, and I mean this is a big stretch, 8 and 8 with Holcomb. Either way, our D isnt beating ANYONE (that has NOTHING to do with the QB) and we AINT making the playoffs.

So, if we arent making the playoffs no matter who we start at QB, why NOT start Losman? If anything we lose more games and get a higher pick in the draft. What in the hell do you have to lose?

Tell ya what, if they start Holcomb the rest of the year, and we DONT go to the playoffs, will you come here, on this board, and start a post saying you are a complete clown? I promise as god is my witness that if they start Holcomb the rest of the year and DO make the playoffs I will do the same.

Wanna make that bet? write it down, etch it in stone, make the deal and I promise I will leave this alone.

fushetti
10-06-2005, 07:06 AM
So happy I decided to sell my tickets and do yardwork.

GO SABRES!

BidsJr
10-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Game isn't going to slow down for JP when he is on the bench. :sorry:

colin
10-06-2005, 07:41 AM
i really don't get this QB love/hate thing.

bledsoe was hated, sure you might not think he is worth what he cost us, we obviously didn't get much out of him after year 1. JP is now loved. why love a guy who has plainly sucked for us? sure he SHOULD improve, but just putting a guy out there until he gets better at the expense of winnable games is nuts.

first of all: He might not ever be good. more first round QBs are busts than not.

second: He might require a longer period of time adjusting before he is ready to play. One year sitting is enough for some guys, but some other guys might benefit for a longer rest (pennington for example). Look, we drafted Crowell because we thought he could be good, but we kept TKO as the starter, and crowel came in and has played well. players can improve mentally by learning without playing. JP is not mentally ready to even begin to start. please do not compare him to top flight QBs who get drafted high and put into bad teams. Carson and Eli have come out looking good after a rough start, but those teams did not and still don't have the rosters we do. for every carson and eli, there are tim rattays, david cars, patrick ramseys, harringtons, leafs, and plenty of other qbs who get drafted and just plain suck. those guys MIGHT have been better if they sat for a while longer and were not given enough rope to hang themselves with. and they all had similar or much higher grades than JP coming out of school, JP is a lottery ticket, not a sure thing.

third: we need to win games, now. losing now doesn't mean that losman will automatically be a stud next year, nor does it mean the guy we draft high will be a super star.

fourth: holcombe gives us a MUCH better chance to win. Losman is the worst QB in the NFL right now. he is worse than brooks bollinger, who the jets replaced with the first guy they could find.

the big error made was starting JP in the first place, he just isn't good enough, not close.

Look at it this way, with our running game, the new additions to WR we will make when roscoe is healthy, and moulds and evans, holcombe has a good chance at being the clear #2 QB in our division. the jets are spent and griese isn't a star by anymeans. the afc east is ripe for the taking, right now. if we beat miami we are 1 game out of first, and a bit of a roll will put us in contention going into New England.

New England is beatable now, the jets are very beatable, if we beat miami, we set ourselves up to take a real shot at this thing. we can run, we have horses on D, we have talent on this team! we just need more than 75 passing yards and 30% completions on first down. JP can't do it, so we give the job to Kelly.

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Agreed. He won't learn anything new on the sidelines.

Typ0
10-06-2005, 08:51 AM
I think I can respectfully disagree without all the name calling (might want to give it a shot yourself).

I only need to hear 2 things from you; 1) how many games do you think we will win with Losman at the helm this year? 2) How many more games do you think we win with Holcomb?

To me its that simple. I truly believe that we go 5 and 11 with Losman, and maybe, and I mean this is a big stretch, 8 and 8 with Holcomb. Either way, our D isnt beating ANYONE (that has NOTHING to do with the QB) and we AINT making the playoffs.

So, if we arent making the playoffs no matter who we start at QB, why NOT start Losman? If anything we lose more games and get a higher pick in the draft. What in the hell do you have to lose?

Tell ya what, if they start Holcomb the rest of the year, and we DONT go to the playoffs, will you come here, on this board, and start a post saying you are a complete clown? I promise as god is my witness that if they start Holcomb the rest of the year and DO make the playoffs I will do the same.

Wanna make that bet? write it down, etch it in stone, make the deal and I promise I will leave this alone.

No I won't do what you ask...because the first quarter of the season was much lighter than the last three. No matter what we do we are screwed as it would be a miracle if we could play one game over .500 for the rest of the year. Am I saying we mignt not do better? No, I'm not. We have 12 games left and if we manage to win 7 by simply having SOME offensive production things are going to look a lot different...and they will. Because we sat by the first month and watched a guy who just plain could not play or do anything out of stubborness and lost two games we should have easily won.

You, like everyone else who insists JP should start no matter what just because he's the kid and he needs experience has to consider that he's got to be able to display some form of functionality before he gets that chance. The way things have been going we have had absolutely no chance at all...that's all there is to it. At least show me our chances are bordering on his throwing an INT or a bad ball vs. a good ball. That is a lot better than our chances are zero because he has yet to do anything because he can't make his reads and he hasn't internalized the rate at which he must play.

as far as the name calling goes...moronic and idiotic are not names...those terms indicate certain actions that may be similar to the names though ;).

Typ0
10-06-2005, 08:53 AM

not neccessarily true....he has many new things in his head over the course of the last few weeks. Let him sit with it and compost it for a while. Have you ever learned anything in school? Did you understand it better right after you took the course or a couple years later after you sat with the knowledge for a while?

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 08:56 AM
not neccessarily true....he has many new things in his head over the course of the last few weeks. Let him sit with it and compost it for a while. Have you ever learned anything in school? Did you understand it better right after you took the course or a couple years later after you sat with the knowledge for a while?
He watched last year.

SquishDaFish
10-06-2005, 09:19 AM
What did he watch last year? Sacks and INTs? Maybe our great defense and special teams.

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 09:24 AM
What did he watch last year? Sacks and INTs? Maybe our great defense and special teams.
Good point, but I don't believe watching on the sidelines is gonna speed his development, jmo.

BillsFever21
10-06-2005, 09:26 AM
A light part of the schedule? What the hell are some of you smoking.

We got beat by two teams who are just a better coached team then us. Mularkey had his balls handed to him from Mora and Gruden.

The Saints game could've went either way. We were playing on the road against a decent team playing their first home game who was cranked up. That game was winnable but could've went either way. Road games are never easy unless you're playing complete scrubs who the Saints aren't.

Whoever is calling the Falcons and Bucs "easy" is on something I wish I could do. The Falcons made it to the NFC Championship game last year and also knocked off the Eagles this year. The Bucs are 4-0 with a very stingy defense and a smart coach. You don't get to being 4-0 by luck or being a "light" team. That is just moronic making that kind of a statement.

The 3 teams we lost to are a combined 9-3 and two of them were road games. We don't have an easy game on our schedule this year. These next two games are our lightest opponents and even them aren't easy. Division games are never easy.

Terrible playcalling and the worst rushing defense in the league is why we're 1-3. Our defense has given up an average of 21 points a game the last 3 weeks.

Does anyone really think we were gonna put up more then 19 points on the Bucs or 24 on the Falcons? The Bucs are only giving up 11 points a game and the Falcons 14. The Eagles only scored 10 points on the Falcons.

The Bengals were a bad team last year? That's just blind homerism who thinks we're that much better then the Bengals plus they have better coaching. They were an 8-8 team with Kitna when Palmer took over and finished 8-8 with him. If not for a bad start with Palmer taking his lumps they would've made the playoffs. Now they're 4-0 and primed for a good run this year.

If anyone thinks we're gonna make the playoffs with Holcomb they're just crazy unless our defense starts playing better. We were terrible last year till our defense went mad crazy with causing TO's against some of the worst teams in the league last year.

Bledsoe was terrible last year while we were losing and played even worse then Losman has but they never benched him. He had more then 10 TO's the first 6 weeks of the season last year.

The Giants were a 5-4 team when Eli took over last year. They were far from a pathetic joke of a team and the Bengals were nowhere close to being pathetic. Now both of them are playing great this year after they bit the bullett last year.

If we couldn't make the playoffs last year with our cupcake schedule and our defense playing lights out we don't have a chance in hell this year with a defense missing Pat Williams and Takeo Spikes and one of the toughest schedules of the year.

Mularkey sucks and he's trying to push the blame somewhere else. If Holcomb starts the next 6 weeks we will win maybe two of them games and find ourselves 3-7. What happens then? Does Mularkey try to save face and keep Holcomb in there or bring JP back in? He'll be admitting he made a mistake benching him or leave Holcomb in so it doesn't look like an even bigger idiot. Either way he will look like the moron he is and it will be wasted experience for JP.

After we miss the playoffs again this year we're just in the same boat next year. We'll either have a young QB playing who doesn't have enough experience or we'll have a journeymen QB who has been a backup his entire career for a reason. Either way we're screwed.

This coaching staff sucks and Mularkey needs to go if this doesn't work out. He is not a leader and is in over his head with the job he's in right now.

Mitchy moo
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I'll take Get the Hell Out of Town for $1000, Alex!

http://pages.cthome.net/ryan_bugaj/images/trebek.jpg
Name 3 of the 4 people on the Buffalo Bills that have a combined IQ of 50:

Who are Tom donahue, Mike mularkey, and JP Losman:

Oh I am sorry we were looking for Tom donahue, Mike mularkey, and Ralph Wilson, with sam wyche as a 4th.

Novacane
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
We're 0-4 last year and the offense sucked= It's everyones fault

We're 1-3 this year and the offense sucked= It's the QB's fault

They are inconsistant and have no direction at OBD imo. I did not want to face it but TD is a failure. Until he's gone were gonna be average at best :mad:

LifetimeBillsFan
10-06-2005, 09:51 AM
I have several comments I want to make on this and let me start out by saying that I don't think that it is an "either/or" proposition.

For those who support the switch to Holcomb because "we need to win now" and our offense is so bad that "the defense can't get off the field", let me hit you with this statistic from last week's game: the Saints converted SIX third down and 4+ yards during that game. That's not a case of the defense not being able to get off of the field because of the offense, that's a case of the defense not being able to get off of the field because the defense isn't stopping the opposition on third down! Changing QBs will not change that--changing the defensive play-calling and execution is the only thing that will stop that.

Add to that the fact that the defense has given up a long drive for a score immediately before halftime in each of the last three games when the score was close as well.

Now, as far as JP's development being stunted by being benched is concerned: that isn't necessarily the case. As T.Donohoe pointed out J.Elway was benched as a rookie and more than a few other good QBs have been over the years as well. C.Palmer was replaced by J.Kitna for a couple of games last year--ostensibly because of an injury, but there had been talk of benching Palmer for a couple of games even before the injury took place. While it is not what you would want to ideally do, benching a young QB for a couple of games can have a beneficial effect on his development. Rather than continuing to struggle and losing control of his emotions and his game completely, JP can stand on the sidelines and watch for a couple of games, talking with the coaches as he does so, and continue his learning process so that when he does go back in there he will be better prepared mentally.

It strikes me that there are three problems that JP is having right now. One is that, as M.Mularkey pointed out, he is pressing and he is trying too hard---hence all of the overthrown passes. And, the second is that he is trying to compensate for the fact that he has not caught up to the speed of the game yet by trying to rush everything. The third is that he is not in control of his emotions on the field: when he starts out well, he plays well until things start to go bad, but, once things go bad (whether at the beginning of the game or after a good start), he starts to have doubts that impact his performance, for example, he was doing fine against the Saints until he had a couple of passes dropped and go awry, once that happened, he fell apart. While he can't get better standing on the sidelines, what benching him for a couple of weeks will allow him to do is catch his breath and relax. Right now, he is feeling the pressure and he doesn't know how to relax. In a couple of weeks that pressure will be less and he will be in a better position to relax when he gets out on the field.

The Bills still have a chance to turn this season around, but right now the focus is so much on JP that if they do not do so, he will get the blame--from the fans, from the media and from some people in the Bills lockerroom. That is already happening. By benching JP now, the team will have to show that it is capable of turning things around on its own, without JP as a reason or an excuse. If Kelly Holcomb is the QB and the defense still doesn't stop the run, nobody can blame it on JP. Eric Moulds won't be able to blame JP if he doesn't get open or catch the ball or make the right read if Holcomb is the QB. If the Bills, as a team, get their act together and start playing disciplined winning team football with Holcomb at the helm great--with the Pats and Jets struggling, the Bills will have a shot at winning the division and JP can learn from watching someone do the job the right way and grow into the job the way that Chad Pennington did. But, if Holcomb doesn't get the job done or if the rest of the team, especially, though not exclusively the defense, continues to play as poorly as it has over the last three weeks, then there can be no excuses or whining from anyone in the lockerroom when they put JP back into the starting lineup and, if Moulds or anyone else opens his mouth about JP playing at that point, he should be put on the next plane out of town.

The Bills play two beatable opponents these next two weeks--beatable if Holcomb and everyone on the team plays up to their capabilities. If the Bills win those two games, they have a chance to make a run for the AFC East title and a playoff spot. If they cannot beat the Fish and a wounded Jets team at home, it's time to play JP for the rest of the season and clean house in the lockerroom and front office at the end of the season. If the Bills beat the Fish and Jets, make a little run and stumble later in the season, JP can get some playing time during their run and take over and get some more game experience after he has had a chance to mature a little more and get some more practice and playing time.

For the last few weeks Moulds and possibly some others in the Bills lockerroom have been talking to the press in a way that shows a lack of confidence in JP. If you don't think that he knows that or senses it and that it is affecting his play, at the very least sub-consciously, then you've never been in a lockerroom and have no idea how the human mind works. While the whole team has played poorly, especially JP, as long as JP is in the starting lineup, he is and will be used as the excuse for everyone else's poor play and no one else is really being held accountable. And, you'd better believe that that is affecting him, too. By benching him, he can no longer be used as an excuse and everone else--from the coaches on down--is going to have to be accountable for their performance in a way that they haven't been held responsible thus far this season. Regardless of what happens, in both the short and the long term, that will benefit JP and improve his chances of developing into the kind of QB that we Bills fans all want him to be.

While I would much rather see JP out on the field getting game experience, right now I think it might be to his advantage for him to sit for a couple of games and see what happens. I love the Bills and I like Kelly Holcomb, but, unless a lot of players in the Bills lockerroom do some serious soul-searching ASAP, I seriously doubt that the Bills will be able to turn things around enough to make a serious run at the playoffs this season regardless of who is playing QB. But, playing Holcomb might help to reveal who in that lockerroom deserves to get a ticket out of town at the end of the season (and I'm just refering to the palyers at this point).

finsrclowns
10-06-2005, 09:54 AM

They are inconsistant and have no direction at OBD imo. I did not want to face it but TD is a failure. Until he's gone were gonna be average at best :mad:

It's too late this year to replace the GM/coaches/players that are not doing as well as they can. It's ALWAYS a team game. But a QB throwing for under 300 yards total in 3 games with a QB rating in the 40's isn't a winning formula PERIOD and it's just possible KH may give us a spark. KH won't turn the OL into the '80 Raiders or the D into the '78 Steelers. So what? You do what you can do. Can you give me the downside of sitting the kid for a few games? If we start winning it was a great move. If we continue to lose the kid goes back in and we clean house at the end of the year. Win/win.

Turf
10-06-2005, 10:01 AM
It amazes me how the offensive coordinator is getting a free ride in all of this. Can someone tell me JP can't and hasn't in the preseason completed an 8 yard inside slant pattern? Or thrown 12 yards to a tight end in the seam? Obviously he can make those passes.
The problem is the moron who designed this game plan and offensive coordinator doesn't have a clue how to help Drew, JP, or Kelly.
You're going to see the same old.
Poor play calling, sacked QB's (thanks to TD BTW), and just total ineptness.
The only way they can get anyone open is with a trick play.
I have yet to see this ONE SINGLE designed play that worked because it was called at the right time and caught the defense's weak spot.
No receiver ever catches a ball in stride.
The screen passes never work.
The running plays are all delay handoffs, even in 4th and inch situations.
I mean lets face it, this offensive coordinator is a total moron.
Mularkey thinks he's a trick play genius.
And TD is a bad GM.
What has TD done.
Hired a rookie head coach for three years then flopped.
Then went out and got another one in year 4!
Then in the rookie head coaches 2nd year, he brings in a rookie QB.
How many years are we supposed to wait?
I'm sure that Ralph got hold of TD and asked him the same thing. This is your 5th year, are you telling me to leave JP in and wait for next year?
That's why JP may get pulled.

Philagape
10-06-2005, 10:03 AM
What's moronic is thinking we'll make the playoffs when our pass protection and run defense suck. A good defense doesn't need the offense to give it anything. A good defense stops the other team, and we haven't been doing that.

We are NOT a playoff team, regardless of who the QB is.

Mudflap1
10-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Show Kelly some love, he hasn't done anything wrong than take his snaps and get the nod this week... I'll be cheering for him loud and clear...

I was all for J.P., but the personnel men have no balls and no leadership, so I guess I'll be pulling for Holcomb this week...

For crying out loud, it wasn't hard to cut Bledsoe, have the offensive line in shambles, put in Losman at QB, and talk a big game in the offseason, but now when they realize it wasn't as easy at it looked, they go back on their word? Not good. If you open your trap about something as significant as changing the whole course of your team for a young quarterback, you'd better 100% believe in the cause and stick to your guns, because it's not the type of move where you can go back on your word later, but it appears that is exactly what they are trying to do...

I don't blame Wilson for being mad, he was being served the same line of BS by "Malarkey" and Donahoe that we were, and he frankly became the pissed off CEO this week that said he wasn't happy with what he's seen...

In short, come Sunday, go Kelly!

Jon

Novacane
10-06-2005, 10:21 AM
It's too late this year to replace the GM/coaches/players that are not doing as well as they can. It's ALWAYS a team game. But a QB throwing for under 300 yards total in 3 games with a QB rating in the 40's isn't a winning formula PERIOD and it's just possible KH may give us a spark. KH won't turn the OL into the '80 Raiders or the D into the '78 Steelers. So what? You do what you can do. Can you give me the downside of sitting the kid for a few games? If we start winning it was a great move. If we continue to lose the kid goes back in and we clean house at the end of the year. Win/win.

What if Holcomb plays like the journeyman he is. Some really good games followed by some really bad games. The division is not as great as we thought so we stick around in the playoff race with Holcomb, JP gets no playing experience and in the end we finish 8-8? Now we are right back where we were last year. A young kid that we still don't know what we have and a Vet we know is just good enough to get us to average.

Mudflap1
10-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Found this little nugget on espn.com:

Mularkey said his reluctance to publicly designate a starter might keep the Dolphins guessing
That sly dog! Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to fool the Buffalo Bills' war room................

Jon

The Natrix
10-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Kelly Holcomb is going to lead this team to a superbowl win!!!

Either that, or he will suck and they will stick Losman in come the 3rd quarter.

naugem
10-06-2005, 10:44 AM
I agree with LifetimeBillsFan, starting Holcomb the next couple of weeks will tell us if everything was JP's fault, and will give JP some time to calm down.

If we loose and it turns out it wasn't entirely his fault, that will take the pressure off him and the blame will be shifted to others. The media and the fans will stop asking for Holcomb to start (knowing we're not going anywhere with either QB) and that will take some pressure from the coaching staff, at least regarding who should be the starting QB. After that JP can start again with the focus on next year. Mularkey should be held accountable for his decisions, but the personnel moves are TD's responsibility, and he will look bad.

If we win, we can have hopes of playoffs. In that case, the front office will look smart to have made the swith and us the fans will forgive them (because winning cures everything), at least until we're out of the race, when JP can start again.

There's another case of a QB that was sometimes benched after being named the starter, Drew Brees. It seems now that he turned out OK, albeit it took him some time, and a serious treat of losing his job...

Novacane
10-06-2005, 10:53 AM

That sly dog! Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to fool the Buffalo Bills' war room................

Jon

:lmao: It is now official. Mike Mularkey is as dumb as Mike Tice. If we had only waited 2 more weeks for Charlie Wiess :cry:

HolyHolcomb10
10-06-2005, 10:55 AM
im pumpeddddd

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2005, 10:57 AM
im pumpeddddd
Whud up bro!

finsrclowns
10-06-2005, 11:03 AM
What if Holcomb plays like the journeyman he is. Some really good games followed by some really bad games. The division is not as great as we thought so we stick around in the playoff race with Holcomb, JP gets no playing experience and in the end we finish 8-8? Now we are right back where we were last year. A young kid that we still don't know what we have and a Vet we know is just good enough to get us to average.

Noone knows how it will play out. It's foolish to have long term plans in the NFL anymore. The teams change too much. Forgetting for a moment about W's and L's starting KH will give us a better read on JP. If the offense is much improved we'll know how far he has to go. If it's more of the same then get him back in and rebuild around him. Right now I'm focused on the micro- beating Miami. Let's leave the macro for the time being.

Dolphinatic
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM

"Mularkey said his reluctance to publicly designate a starter might keep the Dolphins guessing"

Ouch indeed! Welcome to the NFL, Mr. Saban - let's see you coach your way around this one!

HolyHolcomb10
10-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Whud up bro!
in the office bz forgot to unblock my ip at home

very excited my boy got a chance to start. i was so happy i told my buddy im not goin to albany to chill and i'll be at mcfaddens again!

holyholcomb era has begun

NativeFin
10-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Either way I would have waited for at least one more game, if JP were able to have a good game against the mighty Fins or even pull out a W, that would have a more profound effect on his development rather then sitting & watching as KH comes in to face the 1st big game div. rival. A big div game W under JP's belt, though very very highly unlikely could ignite the bills to a finish like last seasons. Not to say that this isn't possible with KH, yet KH isn't your QB for the future now is he.

Novacane
10-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Either way I would have waited for at least one more game, if JP were able to have a good game against the mighty Fins or even pull out a W.

OMG! "the mighty fins? :lmao: :roflmao: :rofl:

NativeFin
10-06-2005, 11:23 AM
OMG! "the mighty fins? :lmao: :roflmao: :rofl:
:bf1: MIGHTY FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!:bf1:

Bulldog
10-06-2005, 11:31 AM
:bf1: MIGHTY FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!:bf1:

Mighty ******ed if you ask me!

The Natrix
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
if JP were able to have a good game against the mighty Fins or even pull out a W, that would have a more profound effect on his development

Although I think "mighty" may be stretching it, I agree that it would be a HUGE win for him in front of the home crowd, assuming he plays well, and is not completely bailed out by the rest of the team.

That being said, I'm fine with Holcomb starting.

BillsFever21
10-06-2005, 11:36 AM
It's JP's fault the defense is ranked 28th in 3rd down defense? Is it coincidence the offense is just as bad?

This all boils down to pathetic coaching and that is what we're blessed with for yet another term in this era of Bills football.

I doubt TD would pull the plug on Mularkey very quick. He's TD's Pittsburgh buddy. He's here to stay for the length of his contract.

Dolphinatic
10-06-2005, 11:37 AM
OMG! "the mighty fins?

I think he meant "sprightly." They've been working a lot on their footwork.

Michael82
10-06-2005, 11:52 AM
If the Bills lose on Sunday and Holcomb struggles, then JP Losman should be declared the starter on Monday morning for the rest of the season. It should be announced that he wont be pulled again and this team is going to take the necessary lumps with Losman, so they can get him ready for next year. :up:

Patti120
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Lifetime Bills Fan, nailed it imo. So lets just sit tight and hold onto our pants the way we have for many years now. There is really nothing we can do other than sit here and overanalyze the situation as we have been which has me past the point of nausea.

Mitchy moo
10-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Lifetime Bills Fan, nailed it imo. So lets just sit tight and hold onto our pants the way we have for many years now. There is really nothing we can do other than sit here and overanalyze the situation as we have been which has me past the point of nausea.
We'll, I have been holding is anyone answering yet??

thecoordinator
10-06-2005, 12:13 PM
you guys need to chill. this is just one game. and it's the smart decision by mularky imo. the bills don't want to go 4-12. you give a defensive guru like saban 2 weeks to study and prepare for an inexperienced qb that is already struggling and it could get really ugly. starting holcomb this week gives the bills their best chance to win.

Mudflap1
10-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Ouch indeed! Welcome to the NFL, Mr. Saban - let's see you coach your way around this one!
LOL! Pretty funny...

Jon

Mudflap1
10-06-2005, 12:24 PM
If the Bills lose on Sunday and Holcomb struggles, then JP Losman should be declared the starter on Monday morning for the rest of the season. It should be announced that he wont be pulled again and this team is going to take the necessary lumps with Losman, so they can get him ready for next year. :up: In theory, yes, but I wouldn't phrase it this way. You never want your players to quit. Since they have chosen to go with Holcomb Sunday, I would give him one, maybe two games to prove he can rally the troops. If he can't, then I would "try" to say something to effect of Losman has learned a bit more by observing the last couple weeks, and that they'll go with him for the rest of the season, feeling he's ready to settle down and turn the corner. Granted, that's a lame response, but it's not any lamer than they have given us for 8+ months.

Jon

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
http://drudgereport.com/siren.gif
The JPD paddywagon is going after Mike 'buncha Malarky' and Dumb Tomahoe.

http://teamtakeo.com/paddywagon.jpg
:rofl:

Perfect.

ScottLawrence
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
It's not a question of giving Holcomb a chance...but it sends a poor message...that they're pretty much giving up on our 2nd 1st rd pick from a year ago. :down:

Give me a break.

If Losman can't mentally handle being benched, then he wouldn't be able to handle the NFL game anyway.

Its the right move, and it should've been done before the season started.

You'll be suprised to see Holcomb turn this team around. I'll gladly eat crow if he doesn't.

ShadowHawk7
10-06-2005, 01:34 PM
This sucks.

frank74
10-06-2005, 01:49 PM

Jon
once again, the bills using some of their mastermind trickery!

Dolphinatic
10-06-2005, 01:57 PM
once again, the bills using some of their mastermind trickery!
Would it be legal to let them swap jerseys at halftime, so nobody is ever really sure who's playing?

frank74
10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Would it be legal to let them swap jerseys at halftime, so nobody is ever really sure who's playing?
haha :assclown:

ParanoidAndroid
10-06-2005, 02:41 PM

Switching QB's does not mean that anyone is blaming only the QB. Holcomb was brought in for exactly this reason....because we are looking terrible on offense and especially at the QB position. JP looks like he is more lost than Rob Johnson was when he started his first few games. That's the difference here. Last year, Drew was the best QB on the team. This year, Holcomb is probably the best QB we have. We still went with the future, but we don't want to sacrifice the whole season.

I'm sure the coaching staff is well aware that we are not stopping teams on third down. I'm sure they realize that the defense isn't creating turnovers. I'm sure that Mularkey and McNally saw a stunting end blow right by Teague on two separate occasions. I'm sure they see our o-linemen whiffing on blocks in open space when we're running the ball.

No one said it was only JP's fault. He's only part of the problem.

Philagape
10-06-2005, 04:01 PM
No one said it was only JP's fault. He's only part of the problem.

Except the ones who say we'll make the playoffs with Holcomb :crazy:

X-Era
10-06-2005, 04:38 PM
No I won't do what you ask...because the first quarter of the season was much lighter than the last three. No matter what we do we are screwed as it would be a miracle if we could play one game over .500 for the rest of the year. Am I saying we mignt not do better? No, I'm not. We have 12 games left and if we manage to win 7 by simply having SOME offensive production things are going to look a lot different...and they will. Because we sat by the first month and watched a guy who just plain could not play or do anything out of stubborness and lost two games we should have easily won.

You, like everyone else who insists JP should start no matter what just because he's the kid and he needs experience has to consider that he's got to be able to display some form of functionality before he gets that chance. The way things have been going we have had absolutely no chance at all...that's all there is to it. At least show me our chances are bordering on his throwing an INT or a bad ball vs. a good ball. That is a lot better than our chances are zero because he has yet to do anything because he can't make his reads and he hasn't internalized the rate at which he must play.

as far as the name calling goes...moronic and idiotic are not names...those terms indicate certain actions that may be similar to the names though ;).
So basically your saying we should start a guy who couldnt manage to stick with any team so far and thus is a proven non-starter, with no hopes of being in the playoffs anyways but just to win a few more games. Meanwhile we will completely stop any growth of our young QB who actually might be a playoff winner and/or a SB winner, and start all this losing all over next year when we have no other choice but to play Losman and see what he does. Only to hear the exact same complaints we hear right now all over with a whole new season and at that point this season another big waste.

Does that make sense to anyone else? Im just wondering, because I could probably get through my skull bone with my fingers nails, head scratching on that one.

frank74
10-06-2005, 04:55 PM
So basically your saying we should start a guy who couldnt manage to stick with any team so far and thus is a proven non-starter, with no hopes of being in the playoffs anyways but just to win a few more games. Meanwhile we will completely stop any growth of our young QB who actually might be a playoff winner and/or a SB winner, and start all this losing all over next year when we have no other choice but to play Losman and see what he does. Only to hear the exact same complaints we hear right now all over with a whole new season and at that point this season another big waste.

Does that make sense to anyone else? Im just wondering, because I could probably get through my skull bone with my fingers nails, head scratching on that one. great post man. it shows you how delusional this coaching staff is believing that we're a playoff contender. there's no need to start holcomb, let the kid work it out. 4 games in my eyes is not nearly enough time to develop, so why mess with his head and bench him? better playcalling would help losman a lot. when is the coaching staff going to take responsibility for their actions.

The_Philster
10-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Give me a break. If Losman can't mentally handle being benched, then he wouldn't be able to handle the NFL game anyway. Its the right move, and it should've been done before the season started. You'll be suprised to see Holcomb turn this team around. I'll gladly eat crow if he doesn't.A QB carousel does no one any good...Holcomb was part of one in Cleveland...he was better than Couch and he's better than JP...but I don't see him being good enough to win a Super Bowl with this team. That's the only excuse I'll accept for giving up on JP so quickly...to win it all

Turf
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
I hate to say it, but the offensive line and gameplanning is so bad, that Kelly will get hurt sooner than later, and JP will be back in anyways. So everyone stop sweating it.
Reminds me of the movie Armegeddon. Embrace the horror.