• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I aint believing Holcomb is our starter

I dont care about who reports what.

And if it does happen, I will have lost ALL faith in TD, MM, and this organization. They would have crippled what could have been something special.

Didnt we learn from the RJ, Flutie mess? Ohh I forgot, TD wasnt there for that.

SF 4 games in is starting there rookie QB, he will look putrid compared to Losman for the rest of the year.

And I can promise you this right now as sure as I sit here, If Holcomb takes over, SMITH not Losman will look better next year because of it!!!!!

You guys and the Bills (if true) are sacrificing the future for now. And it isnt even a given that Holcomb will do any better.

So, if Holcomb comes in against Miami, they kill Losmans confidence, they kill the teams confidence in him, they kill our fans confidence in the Bills brass. Then, if Holcomb looks no better, the look like even bigger clowns for doing it in the first place, further killing any confidence in the organization by the team, fans, and media.

This is a huge risk that will make us look even more stupid that doing it in the first place.

As sure as I sit here, I swear, Holcomb AINT taking us to the playoffs, and he sure as HELL isnt taking us to the SB!!!

What a waste, what a disgrace, ohh well, there goes another decade, but hey we might get a win or to more and end up 6 and 10 rather than 5 and 11. YES, then its all worth it.

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: I aint believing Holcomb is our starter

Originally posted by jp-era

SF 4 games in is starting there rookie QB, he will look putrid compared to Losman for the rest of the year.

As sure as I sit here, I swear, Holcomb AINT taking us to the playoffs, and he sure as HELL isnt taking us to the SB!!!
    Smith doesn't have a Moulds, Evans and a Mcgahee. The Bills offense should be doing alot better then what it is. It's hurting the whole team.

Holcomb (stinks) may not take the Bills to the playoffs. But maybe he will lead the Bills to some 1st downs, and maybe some touchdowns, and maybe he will throw the ball to Moulds and Evans.

JP is a Bust, just like Akili Smith.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

I have three questions for you, jp-era...

1. What if JP thinks it's a GOOD idea to put Holcomb in now, and that it WON'T bother his confidence?

2. What if Holcomb does GREAT against Miami?

3. What would that stuff be all over your face if both happen?
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HULKFish
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mybills

1. What if JP thinks it's a GOOD idea to put Holcomb in now, and that it WON'T bother his confidence?

Sounds a lot like the beginning of our season last year (Holcomb/Feeley - JP/Fiedler), not good...
        HULKFISH SMASH!!

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Unless Hocombe put up 30 points Sunday, he won't strart again this season unless JP gets hurt. The brass just wants to see if Holcombe may be the answer this year. They owe it to the veterans, especially on defense, just to see if they can make a change at QB and get some wins. You have to exaust all options to apease the veterans. If (when) Holcombe flops this week, JP will get his experience in there. Starting 15 out of 16 games isn't a big deal.

Comment

• sba
            • Dec 2004

JP needs a week off pretty badly, his head is all over the place. This should be good for him.

Also, it's not fair to compare him to Smith, Smith was the first overall pick last year. Losman was the 4th QB selected in his draft class, and came with a lot more question marks than Smith did. Smith should be the better QB of the two now and 5 years from now.

Comment

• sba
              • Dec 2004

Apparently this decision is at the request of the players, as Moulds and Mularkey had a meeting Monday night. I'm guessing that JP's attitude, coupled with his play has already lost the locker room. Which incidentally was one of the big knocks on him coming out of college. (see Mewelde Moore's comments about how most of his teammates at Tulane hated him)

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

If this is true then I want JP released outright. Any QB who does NOT want the ball is a coward and a phony.

I hope he's pissed beyond belief and that it lights a fire under his ass. He can be understanding, but if he thinks its a good idea for him to be on the bench, then he's finished.

Comment

• sba
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                  If this is true then I want JP released outright. Any QB who does NOT want the ball is a coward and a phony.

I hope he's pissed beyond belief and that it lights a fire under his ass. He can be understanding, but if he thinks its a good idea for him to be on the bench, then he's finished.
                  Exactly, there's no way this is a permanent move. He needs to get his head on straight, he's been too overcoached up until now.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Tell ya what, Ill make the same bet to you that I made to Typ0. If Holcomb leads this team to the playoffs, I will come here and start a post saying I am a complete clown. If he doesnt will you?

There is absolutely NO reason to start him if the Bills dont make it to the playoffs. And I see NO reason that they are headed no matter WHO starts, so ya might as well start LOSMAN.

Take the bet, put your credibility where your mouth is.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Oh brother..my post referred to just the Miami game. I seriously DOUBT he'd be ok with losing the starter position.

Personally, I don't think ANY QB would do good behind that OL. But I don't think Holcomb will suck as bad as SOME people think he will.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Oh brother..my post referred to just the Miami game. I seriously DOUBT he'd be ok with losing the starter position. Personally, I don't think ANY QB would do good behind that OL. But I don't think Holcomb will suck as bad as SOME people think he will.
                        I don't know if people think he's gonna be the second coming of Rob Johnson, but he's not gonna plug up all the holes in this team
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Oh brother..my post referred to just the Miami game. I seriously DOUBT he'd be ok with losing the starter position.

Personally, I don't think ANY QB would do good behind that OL. But I don't think Holcomb will suck as bad as SOME people think he will.
                          I dont think he will suck, I think he will look only a little better than Losman and wont make the difference to get us to the playoffs which means its a pointless move.

I only hope this experiment only lasts one week, so that we are only a total of one week behind on Losmans learning curve. The longer it goes on, the longer we stay unsettled at QB, thats a sure fire way to stay out of the SB and playoffs.

Its and easy equation, if Holcomb = playoffs, decent move, if Holcomb doesnt = playoffs, wasting time.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            Smith doesn't have a Moulds, Evans and a Mcgahee. The Bills offense should be doing alot better then what it is. It's hurting the whole team.

Holcomb (stinks) may not take the Bills to the playoffs. But maybe he will lead the Bills to some 1st downs, and maybe some touchdowns, and maybe he will throw the ball to Moulds and Evans.

JP is a Bust, just like Akili Smith.
                            Hey, no problem, I guess your happy with not having a playoff or SB caliper QB if you can just get a few more 1st downs, OK, your entitled to your opinion. Personally Id like to get back to the playoffs and SB and was willing to sacrifice a year if need to be to have a sustainable playoff or SB quality QB. I guess your not.

JP may be a bust, we wont know unless we give him a year starting and find out, when do you want to that? When are you willing to sacrifice those games? If its not now, when is it? Never? OK, then lets cut him, take the cap hit, and start all over again. Somehow, we get back to the playoffs and.or SB faster that way????

At some point, the Bills need to settle on the QB spot with soemone that is playoff or SB caliper. Holcomb has NEVER proved that yet, so we have no reason to believe he will now. With JP we just dont know and many of you and apparently the Bills now are unwilling to find out. OK, fine, Im just wondering when the Bills plan to get attack this problem that IMO will keep us from the playoffs and the SB.

I thought that winning a few games wasnt good enough, I thought we were committed to winning a SB, does anybody really think Holcomb can do that? Using what evidence from his experience again?

If it isnt Holcomb, and it isnt Losman, then who is it? how do we get that person? When do we finally start down that path? This is the start of a new thread.

Comment

• pintonick96
                              You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
                              • Aug 2005

I think Holcomb's going in just to piss off JP. We've all seen how much better JP plays after getting taken out. He led us to a TD against Tampa. I htink this is Mularkey giving JP a wake up call. Unless Holcomb looks like Kurt Warner circa 1999, then JP will start again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X