PDA

View Full Version : Here's how we will win on Sunday

Tinboy
10-06-2005, 07:11 AM
1. Minimize the pen. I was watching the Falcons game yesterday and cringe when I saw their first drive, two roughing the passer, ouch!

2. Put pressure on Freotte. Two games in a row he as complete less than 50% of his passes. So put a lot of pressure on him and force him throw bad passes. Hopefully our CBs will take of the rest.

3. Stop McMichael, so far he has 3 td and is lethal anywhere on the field. Put double cover on him. I'm not that worried about Chambers as Clements should be able to take care of him.

4. The Fins have been good at stoppning the run, 3rd best so far with 76.3. So it crucial to get the passing game working against their weak cb. I'm not saying we are going to pass 45-50 att. but if WMG is stuffed on 1st or 2nd down we need to get the short passing game working.

5. Stop the run and force them to throw. The last game againts panthers Brown tore up the field and Freotte had just 33 passes.

6. It may sound like contradiction to point 4 but WMG need +25 carries this game. Don't abandon the running game if he has 30yds after 2 qrts. Keep pounding and there d# will break and we will get Evans and Moulds open downfield.

7. Watch out for those sacks, fins will exploit our weak o-line if given a chance. Don't hang on too ball too long. Short passes and quick handoffs will get them to backoff. If we're calm we will get a chance to throw long bombs in the 2nd half.

HULKFish
10-06-2005, 07:50 AM
That's a pretty accurate account... Moulds and Evans are a concern but I don't think McGahee is going anywhere, I'll give him about 70 yards on 30 carries.

We know not to take Buffalo lightly even though we've been talking a little smack on here. Saban is gonna have the boys ready to play!!

This is a more physical Dolphins team which will bode well for us. I think it will be a rough game and Holcomb is gonna take a pounding!! :stretcher

Tinboy
10-07-2005, 12:39 AM
It's going to be a very physical game and both qb are going to have a though time with bad o-lines.

feelthepain
10-07-2005, 05:13 AM
It's going to be a very physical game and both qb are going to have a though time with bad o-lines.
Ummm...I think Miamis line is much improved, I know you don't like the idea Miami's line is good, we had the same line last year but good coaching is all that was needed for the fins, can't say the same for the Bills.

BTW, in your first post about the things needed to beat Miami, had the the Bills followed your opinion throught the first four games the Bills record would be much different. I don't see them making the changes this week.

ParanoidAndroid
10-07-2005, 06:04 AM
1. Minimize the pen. I was watching the Falcons game yesterday and cringe when I saw their first drive, two roughing the passer, ouch!

2. Put pressure on Freotte. Two games in a row he as complete less than 50% of his passes. So put a lot of pressure on him and force him throw bad passes. Hopefully our CBs will take of the rest.

3. Stop McMichael, so far he has 3 td and is lethal anywhere on the field. Put double cover on him. I'm not that worried about Chambers as Clements should be able to take care of him.

4. The Fins have been good at stoppning the run, 3rd best so far with 76.3. So it crucial to get the passing game working against their weak cb. I'm not saying we are going to pass 45-50 att. but if WMG is stuffed on 1st or 2nd down we need to get the short passing game working.

5. Stop the run and force them to throw. The last game againts panthers Brown tore up the field and Freotte had just 33 passes.

6. It may sound like contradiction to point 4 but WMG need +25 carries this game. Don't abandon the running game if he has 30yds after 2 qrts. Keep pounding and there d# will break and we will get Evans and Moulds open downfield.

7. Watch out for those sacks, fins will exploit our weak o-line if given a chance. Don't hang on too ball too long. Short passes and quick handoffs will get them to backoff. If we're calm we will get a chance to throw long bombs in the 2nd half.
Buffalo was doing well as far as penalties until last week. Tose two roughing calls are the exception.

Pressure is what this defense has been trying to do, but solid o-lines are keeping them at bay. Houston's line is below average, Miami's has weaknesses as well.

Buffalo is probably the best in the league at taking the TE out of a game. What did Crumpler do? 3 catches for 37 yds (I think...he's on my fantasy team.) Part of that is credited to Posey's coverage skills.

You're correct about the run D. Miami has been playing closer to the line this season, so we do need to back them off with some early quick passes over the middle and get the TE's active. Get the safeties back in coverage and open some holes.

Buffalo has been a very good first half defense. The key is keeping the offense on the field long enough to keep our D fresh. A major chunk of the rushing yardage they are giving up is in the fourth quarter. Miami will not find it easy to run the ball.

If Willis carries the ball more than 25 times, that means we are controlling the ball. Every time a sports writer or TV analyst says, "When so-and-so carries the ball more than 25 times, such-and-such is 7-1." Well, duh! It's because that team is holding the ball. If Buffalo can open holes on first and second down, McGahee will get his 25 carries and we'll be in the game. If we have 30 yards rushing at the half, I will be willing to bet we will be playing the second half from behind and Willis won't get to 25 carries.

You're right about the offense breaking the blitz and avoiding sacks. They need to speed things up and much of that is on the QB. He gets the snap and he sets the pace. Holcomb isn't as fast on his feet as JP, but he's not exactly slow and has better pocket pressence.

helmetguy
10-07-2005, 06:56 AM
If Miami is crowding the LOS, the best way to counteract that is with screens and play-action. We haven't used play fakes nearly enough.

Luisito23
10-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Very good post Tinboy, I agree 100% and I hope we kick the $$$$ out the fish......
:fishfry: :fishfry:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
10-07-2005, 09:25 AM
If Miami is crowding the LOS, the best way to counteract that is with screens and play-action. We haven't used play fakes nearly enough.
Not necessarily. That's how you break a blitz. The strong safety is the 8th man in the box. A screen pass is only effective over the top of a blitz when there is 8 in the box.
In order to take the safety, the 8th man, out of the box, you have to force him to cover the slot or the TE while forcing the free safety to drop into zone coverage or double a hot receiver. If our receivers become a threat, then we won't see so many stacked fronts.
Right now, everyone is playing our run, so we have to make them pay for it by hitting Evans, Moulds, Reed, and Campbell/Euhus/Neufeld.
I think that's what Mularkey wanted to do from game 1 but JP is too tentative throwing the ball.

FYI
Our receivers have ZERO touchdowns in 4 games. I wonder how many teams are in that same stat line. Chicago in 3 games?
We are dead last in receiving offense in every category except receptions (50). Atlanta (49) is the only team worse in that category with 4 games played, the others have only played 3. Baltimore has 74 in 3 games! Baltimore!

ParanoidAndroid
10-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Miami's DB's are not impressive, but neither are NO's, or Atlanta's.

We've had receivers open. Let's hope Holcomb can find them on Sunday!

FINZ FURY
10-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Im not so sure. Houck (oline coach) has been alternating tackles (McDougal, Carey, and D-Mac) which has been very effective. I know all of the starters are returning from last years horrible line but under Houck's coaching they have only surrendered 2 sacks blocking for Frerotte who isnt exactly known for mobility. Besides that, pass protection has been extremely better and the run blocking has created more holes each game.

balls deep
10-07-2005, 12:18 PM
The only way I see you guys beating us involves snipers. It ain't going to happen.

vinivedivichi
10-07-2005, 12:43 PM
The weakness in our defense is our secondary, and you guys have 2 WR's that can exploit that weakness. If the Bills are going to have offensive success on Sunday, they need to have those guys running deep routes consistently. Holcomb, for now, is the guy that can get the ball to them, so, at least for the short term, he is the better option at quarterback.

In general, you guys are going to need to do things differently on Sunday to win this game. Belichick usually loses the early season games because there's not much to scout. In our loss to the Jets, Saban took the blame saying that the Jets did a lot of things they weren't expecting them to do. If Saban knows what to expect out there on Sunday, our guys are going to be better prepared than yours.

I think starting Holcomb is a plus for you guys in that we don't know the things he likes to do. There is some Cleveland game tapes to watch, but it's gonna be hard to know what he looks like in your offensive system.

BillZRulZ
10-07-2005, 12:56 PM
I dunno...from what I have seen "this" year, their O-line is not all that bad. They have only give up 2 or 3 sacks this year.

I have a bad feeling we are going to get pummeled...

jaja54
10-07-2005, 03:53 PM

In reply:

1. The Fins also need to reduce their penalties as well in order to win this game...

2. You can only pressure Frerotte if you can stop the run, get a decent lead (which I don't think you can either) and force the pass. However, I don;t think you will be able to do that, since in the last 3 games you have given up more than 160 yards a game on the ground.

3. You may be able to stop McMichael but Chambers is NOT the only other weapon we have. You have to worry about Booker on the other side and Brown out of the backfield. I don;t think that your current LB can cover him.

4. IMO, if you are forced to pass 40 to 50 times in this game you will lose for sure. You have two backup tackles going up against JT and Kevin Carter. I expect Holcomb to be under pressure from those two and multiple blitz schemes all day.

5. True. That's your best bet in winning this game.

6. True. You will need WMG to run well. However, I don't think you will be able to pull that off because of your OL. They are simply not playing well.

7. If you pass , you're right, they better be quick passes. See #4.

All in all, I think this will be a hard played and close games. I see your ST making some big plays, it seems they always do against us. Moulds especially has awesome games. I do not see a blowout like some of my Fin brethren seem to think. I do think the Fins win by 7 in a low scoring game, something like 17-10 or so.

Good Luck guys.... may the better team win.

DynaPaul
10-07-2005, 03:57 PM

8. The veteran players, *ahem* Moulds Evans, need to step it up. Now that they got the kid out of there and Holcomb in they better start playing like they want to "WIN NOW", especially the defense! (TKO or not.)

slakjaw157
10-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I think we will squish the fish Sunday. Miami is not that good and will come back down to reality after we :squish: .

:flush: (<--- our season if we lose this week)

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2005, 07:05 PM
The way we will win is if the Fish suck more than we do.

footballhottie
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm scard out of my mind for sunday...how many guys are we gunna lose this time????

finfan34
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
As a die hard fin fan.......this is going to be a very close game.....i was telling my friend the other day (who is a huge bills fan), that im much more nervous this week about buffalo than I am about the bucs next week. Division games are tough.

VegasDave
10-07-2005, 08:38 PM
F##K THE DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't know squat about the Dolphins and some of you posters AKA Tinguy? Andy? you guys either played football or the biggest diehard football fans I have ever experienced.

Great Posts Guys

All I can say is Losman nneds more time "in" experience
Holcomb has had all those jitters with being a new guy"rookie" exposed
To me the guy would be out to proove people wrong so that's a plus+
also I feel many of the games so far this year have had Losman either over or under throwing recievers or plainly not seeing WIDE OPENED guys.
With a lets say more seasoned guy at QB Buffalo should play better I'm not saying they'll win, but damn for the amount of times in the redzone and their lack of touchdowns it's embarassing

that stat about Lindell missing fieldgoals for more than what was it 44 yards kills me
but at least in closer he is right on this year

other than that
run the damn ball consistantly
damn we got some work horses it doesn't have to be all Willis

SHARE THE BALL IT"S OUR FRIEND
HOLD ON TO THE BALL TOO

DO IT FOR THE THURM

12th MAN WE NEED YOU DRUNKEN CRAZED LUNGS TO SCREAMMMMM

colin
10-07-2005, 09:10 PM
what we need is to have a good first drive (which we often have) but not totally suck on O for the rest of the game, with 3 and out and horrible passing (which is what we have had trouble with).

we have 3 points in the second half all year. this game is addition through subtraction and having average or better play from the QB position will help us convert enough 3rd downs and actually do something deep once in a while.

ParanoidAndroid
10-07-2005, 09:26 PM
F##K THE DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!Immediately following two very sportsman-like posts by Miami fans, I see this.

Very nice. :shakeno:

thecoordinator
10-07-2005, 09:59 PM
it's hard to imagine the bills winning this game without being able to controll the LOS on either side of the ball. nonetheless, it's a division home game and stranger things have happened.

Buffatexas
10-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Bills win..how?...simple..and wait....KELLY TO REED = TOUCHDOWN!!!!..how nice it will be to hear that again!

FinFan 61
10-07-2005, 11:16 PM
F##K THE DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!Great analysis from a 3rd grader. The Fins will win this game only because at this point in the season we a less banged up and better coached. This is a big game for both teams, it should be a great game to watch!

Mr. Cynical
10-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Bills win..how?...simple..and wait....KELLY TO REED = TOUCHDOWN!!!!..how nice it will be to hear that again!Hate to admit it, but that actually is pretty good. :;