PDA

View Full Version : Do You Agree with the Bills Starting Kelly?

Meathead
10-06-2005, 07:52 AM
That's Holcomb, not Jimbo.

TacklingDummy
10-06-2005, 07:56 AM
No, start JP. Find out he's a Bust and cut him next year. I don't want this organization thinking they have their future franchise QB on the bench. Because he is not. He's a Bust.

camelcowboy
10-06-2005, 08:07 AM
No, start JP. Find out he's a Bust and cut him next year. I don't want this organization thinking they have their future franchise QB on the bench. Because he is not. He's a Bust.
http://www.comedycentral.com/images/shows/crankyankers/characters/cy_specialed_m4.jpgTacklingdummy

A bust after four games, get lost :loser:

<TABLE cellPadding=1 width="90%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="40%"></TD><TD width="60%"></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="40%"></TD><TD width="60%"></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="40%"></TD><TD width="60%"></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="40%"></TD><TD width="60%"></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="40%"></TD><TD width="60%"></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="40%"></TD><TD width="60%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</DROPLET><!--Begin all related divs droplet --><!--begin photos isEmpty droplet-->http://www.comedycentral.com/images/spacer.gif <!--end photos isEmpty droplet--><!--begin more links iseEmpty droplet-->http://www.comedycentral.com/images/spacer.gif <!--end more links iseEmpty droplet-->

<!--End all related divs droplet -->

Italian Stallion
10-06-2005, 08:08 AM

wow...after 4 games your ready to say that huh? I guess when Peyton or Eli Manning started slow in their first years as starters you would of cut them too? How bout Carson Palmer? Donovan McNabb? None of these guys are any good.... :crap:

Yeah I guess your right......if a guy in his first 4 games doesn't light up the league, and may be having some trouble, you should definiatly cut your losses.

stupid post

Ebenezer
10-06-2005, 08:10 AM
I disagree with the move...if you aren't going to play JP there was no reason to get rid of DB...if they were convinced that DB couldn't lead this team any more then there should have been a plan for 1 starter. They should have either planned on JP being the starter for the year or they should have had an open competition in camp.

TacklingDummy
10-06-2005, 08:12 AM
What's even more stupid is comapring JP to Eli, Payton, Palmer, and McNabb.

Try Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf.

TacklingDummy
10-06-2005, 08:15 AM
A bust after four games, get lost :loser:

Get use to the Bills being a :loser: with JP at QB.

madness
10-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm going to agree for two reasons.

#1 Hopefully this will light a fire under J.P.'s butt and he'll concentrate on getting the position back instead of trying to damn hard to keep it.

#2 The offense will stop going into 'protect J.P. by being conservative as heck' mode and Kelly will start attacking downfield a little more. Hopefully they will just go out there and just play football now. Then if and when J.P. comes back they'll know by then what is working and just stick with it.

Meathead
10-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Good move.

The Bills are very fortunate that both the Pats and Jets are also floundering or they’d be in much deeper trouble. By beating the Fish they’d only be a half-game out of first and if they beat the Jets they’ll be right back in serious contention for the division title.

Even on a team with lots of problems so far, JP’s still the biggest one. All the finger pointing at the play calling isn’t going to change the fact that he has been completely unable to move the ball through the air when he’s been given the opportunity. It doesn’t make a damn bit of difference what decisions they made months ago on the QB position, the fact is that right now JP is horrible. With even average QB production they’d probably be 3-1 right now. He’s just too big of a liability.

I don’t know where some fans get this preposterous notion that the Bills are abandoning JP. They’re trying to win games. That’s it. The season has started off disastrously, yet they still have a real shot at the playoffs. What the hell other reason do you play? I respect that they will do what they have to in order to try to get into the post season.

To be honest, right now it doesn’t look like the team is good enough to compete with the big boys anyway. But NFL history is full of teams that looked terrible for stretches during the season only to put it together in the playoffs and make the SB. There’s still plenty of time and talent to turn it around, and I’m glad they’re pulling out the stops now.

If Holcomb plays great then they’re serious playoff contenders. If not, then there will be plenty of time for JP to develop. Just a couple more losses and he’ll be able to get all the snaps we can stomach until the light goes off in his head.

I expect JP will end up being very good. But right now we need some wins.

It’s the right decision.

Novacane
10-06-2005, 09:00 AM
It is a great move. With JP outta there our defense will finally be able to stop the run. They will finally be able to stop teams on 3rd and long and get off the field. With JP off the field they won't make anymore stupid 3rd down penalties that keep drives going :bf1:

With JP outta there the ******ed coaching staff will finally realize our best chance to win is giving the ball to Mcgahee 25 times or mor a game. With JP gone our O-line will become great pass blockers now.
Yep...................this is definately the answer to all the Bills problems :up:

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 09:02 AM
It is a great move. With JP outta there our defense will finally be able to stop the run. They will finally be able to stop teams on 3rd and long and get off the field. With JP off the field they won't make anymore stupid 3rd down penalties that keep drives going :bf1:

With JP outta there the ******ed coaching staff will finally realize our best chance to win is giving the ball to Mcgahee 25 times or mor a game. With JP gone our O-line will become great pass blockers now.
Yep...................this is definately the answer to all the Bills problems :up:
:rofl:

JP's run defense was killing the team, indeed...

camelcowboy
10-06-2005, 09:02 AM

:up: post of the week!!!

colin
10-06-2005, 09:25 AM
we have scored a total of 3 points in the second half of all 4 of our games.

3/8s of a point a quarter in the 3rd and 4th. this is with willis being a top 10 runner, and averaging close to 5 a carry.

after the texans game JP is averaging about 40% completion and less than 100 yards a game, less than 3 an attempt. we are also averaging less than a TD a game.

anyone who plays that poorly needs to sit.

finsrclowns
10-06-2005, 10:54 AM
I disagree with the move...if you aren't going to play JP there was no reason to get rid of DB...if they were convinced that DB couldn't lead this team any more then there should have been a plan for 1 starter. They should have either planned on JP being the starter for the year or they should have had an open competition in camp.

Water under the damn- should've, would've, could've. These are facts: Bledsoe's gone and JP has struggled mightily. There's really only one question for this year as of right now: give up now or take a shot with KH.

The Natrix
10-06-2005, 11:24 AM
It's hard for me to take a solid stance one way or the other on this.

On one hand, the Fins at home would be the perfect game for JP to get it together and make some plays to help the team win. Being a hero against our most hated rival is a quick way to get a swagger on.

On the other hand, JP does need to get a dose of reality that this is a business and he isn't anybody special. However, I do agree with the people that say sitting on the bench does nothing for game development. I don't become a better QB everytime I watch a game so why should anybody else? I do however think it gives the benched player some mental development in the sense that it should humble them and give them time to focus and get their head on straight. To me, it wouldn't make a difference if they have JP on the sidelines or send him to a day spa to relax. I also like the idea of finding out how much of the offensive ineptness is JP's fault. That includes technical aspects, namely accuracy and reads, but I will be more interested in how the rest of the guys respond to Holcomb.

When it comes right down to it, I don't see how anyone can take an all or none stance on this one. It's JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb. A second year player who is overwhelmed and a career backup. Plus, it is only one position on a TEAM. would anybody be all up in arms and calling people names if MM an TD said they are making a switch at nickel back? I highly doubt it. There probably wouldn't even be a thread about it.

So let's get a grip guys. They are pulling arguably the worst starting QB in the league right now for a chance at something better. While I wouldn't be opposed to starting Losman on Sunday, is putting Holcomb in really a monumental mistake?

BillsFever21
10-06-2005, 11:42 AM

:bravo:

Meathead
10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
It's all clear now.

Michael82
10-06-2005, 01:07 PM

Excellent post! :bf1:

Novacane
10-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Hell.........now that JP is not the starter, Spikes will heal faster.May even be back for the playoffs. We know we will definately be making those playoffs now that SaviorHolcomb is starting. In fact, Spikes likely would not have even gotten hurt if Holcomb had been starting :up:

F##cking JP! Damn kid ruined everything. :crap:

HolyHolcomb10
10-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Kelly will lead this team to victory and will out throw 170... jp's high. kelly outperformed jp in preseason and will do the same sunday. as long as we win im happy. i was so pumped for jp at draft, and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. let kelly play till he blows it. if we win let him roll with punches. hopefuuly it is the begining of the HOLYHOLCOMB ERA!

HolyHolcomb10
10-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Hell.........now that JP is not the starter, Spikes will heal faster.May even be back for the playoffs. We know we will definately be making those playoffs now that SaviorHolcomb is starting. In fact, Spikes likely would not have even gotten hurt if Holcomb had been starting :up:

DUDE jp has had time on some plays and totally dissappointed. overthrowing receivers countless times. ya we have issues on both sides of the ball but the d has given up 22 or less which isnt god awful. we still should be winning some of these games, at least competing. Kelly will get a start and build confidence in the offense.

Michael82
10-06-2005, 01:25 PM

man you need a towel. your post is dripping with sarcasm. :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Dumbest. Move. Ever.

This front office sucks and needs to be s**tcanned at the end of this season.

HolyHolcomb10
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
if kelly leads us to W's. it's a great move. just win, is all i care about, i dont care whose the qb... just win. roll with whoever wins

Novacane
10-06-2005, 01:31 PM
DUDE jp has had time on some plays and totally dissappointed. overthrowing receivers countless times. ya we have issues on both sides of the ball but the d has given up 22 or less which isnt god awful. we still should be winning some of these games, at least competing. Kelly will get a start and build confidence in the offense.

so you think we're going to start putting up 22+ points a game by changing one player? Keep dreaming. Holcomb is a fragile Drew Bledsoe. At least Drew could take a beating behind that embarrassing line and keep going. I won't be supprised to see KH get injured this week.

lordofgun
10-06-2005, 01:32 PM
I think it's interesting how all the liberals voted yes and all the conservatives voted no.

Except Eb.

frank74
10-06-2005, 01:33 PM
if they decide to start holcomb, i think it's a bad move. regardless of what losman has/has not done, the kid needs to be in the game, especially if he is the future of this team. the bills are not a playoff team regardless of what people think, so stop trying to salvage this season and continuously f#$% with this kids head. keep jp in the game, let him get his wings, and most likely he'll be a better, more experienced qb next year.(ala elway, aikmen, manning,)

Michael82
10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
I think it's interesting how all the liberals voted yes and all the conservatives voted no.

Except Eb.
:mad:

Michael82
10-06-2005, 01:37 PM
so you think we're going to start putting up 22+ points a game by changing one player? Keep dreaming. Holcomb is a fragile Drew Bledsoe. At least Drew could take a beating behind that embarrassing line and keep going. I won't be supprised to see KH get injured this week.
that would actually be the best bet, because then they could just put losman back in and never have to admit their mistake for benching him. :ontome:

madness
10-06-2005, 01:43 PM

Except Eb.
:rofl: It does look that way, doesn't it. You damn conservative.

Novacane
10-06-2005, 01:45 PM

Except Eb.

:mad:

Proof that there's hope for you yet ;)

MDFINFAN
10-06-2005, 01:58 PM
I think it stinks, they could have waited one more game...

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 02:01 PM

Except Eb.

The_Philster
10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
If we don't go deep into the playoffs with this switch, then it was one of the dumbest moves I've seen in the NFL

DaBills
10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
"JP's run defense was killing the team, indeed..."

Lol. Yeah, but it was his inability to blitz effectively that REALLY killed us.

My vote is no. It's a bad move at this stage:

1) Eb's still got one of the best points on this: the Bills made a huge deal outta cutting Drew and annointing JP. (Now whether you like DB or not is another matter, and it was time for him to try his luck elsewhere), but regardless, you make JP 'the man' and give up a future #1 pick, then you bench him? As an organization, you see other rooks struggle, an Eli, a David Carr even after four years, a Harrington, etc., so you knew it was possible JP might too.

2) Drew sucked far worse at crucial times and seemed far less ready to be an NFL QB than JP has at times, yet he was never benched.

3) What if Holcomb sucks as bad? Do you now go BACK to JP? Do we go out and get a reliable vet QB?

And if Holcomb fails to do any better with this team following essentially the same game plan, maybe it's the playcalling.

Michael82
10-06-2005, 06:57 PM
If we don't go deep into the playoffs with this switch, then it was one of the dumbest moves I've seen in the NFL
Great post! :bf1:

I totally agree. Eventually we have to take our lumps with JP Losman and will struggle. We are just pushing the inevitable back a year or a few months and I disagree with that move.

Michael82
10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Do You Agree with the Bills Starting Holcomb?
Yes 19 35.19%
No 35 64.81%

I hope the Bills are realizing this. The fans (people who buy the merchandise and pay for tickets and support the team) don't agree with this move and don't support it. They are doing exactly what they didn't want before, which is starting a QB controversy. That's the reason why they didn't let them compete for the job. They didnt want a QB controversy. Well...it's begins now. :ill:

Thanks Ralph! You did it before with Flutie/Johnson, and now you do it again with Losman/Holcomb. :shakeno:

imbondz
10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
exactly.

HolyHolcomb10
10-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Do You Agree with the Bills Starting Holcomb?
Yes 19 35.19%
No 35 64.81%

I hope the Bills are realizing this. The fans (people who buy the merchandise and pay for tickets and support the team) don't agree with this move and don't support it. They are doing exactly what they didn't want before, which is starting a QB controversy. That's the reason why they didn't let them compete for the job. They didnt want a QB controversy. Well...it's begins now. :ill:

Thanks Ralph! You did it before with Flutie/Johnson, and now you do it again with Losman/Holcomb. :shakeno:

Fans will change there opinion as W's roll on

Some already have after 1 Win, you'll be one of those.
So mikey who do you want to start this week, and do you want to win this week?

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2005, 08:23 PM
My question is ... how do you know JP wouldn't have won that game against a team that committed 18 penalties and 5 turnovers?

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 08:31 PM
My question is ... how do you know JP wouldn't have won that game against a team that committed 18 penalties and 5 turnovers?especially if they actually gave McGahee the ball as many times as they did Sunday..