PDA

View Full Version : Is Losman a Bust?

Meathead
10-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Bust as in incapable, not bust as in boobs.

OpIv37
10-06-2005, 09:28 AM
where's the option for "none of the above"? No one's a bust after four games. I suspect that too much pressure was put on him by making him the starter without a camp competition. Time will tell on this one.

camelcowboy
10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
where's the option for "none of the above"? No one's a bust after four games. I suspect that too much pressure was put on him by making him the starter without a camp competition. Time will tell on this one.
I agree op, its only been four games why the hell is this even a issue.

Novacane
10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
where's the option for "none of the above"? No one's a bust after four games. .

:posrep:

BillsFever21
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
It's been 4 games. I guess all the other QB's who had a bad 4 games to their career should've been pronounced as a bust and thrown to the curb.

Meathead just has hatred for JP because he looked like an idiot supporting Bledsoe with all of his "Post here if you think Bledsoe will suck so I can laugh at you" threads or all of his predictions for Drew's Top 5 QB rankings last year.

EDS
10-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Nothing personal, but this is an assinine poll and thread. It should be completely obvious to everyone that it is too early to make that determination.

Meathead
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Meathead just has hatred for JP because he looked like an idiot supporting Bledsoe with all of his "Post here if you think Bledsoe will suck so I can laugh at you" threads or all of this predictions for Drew's Top 5 QB rankings last year.
lmao!

I am so embarrassed for you right now.

You need to get some therapy, dude.

Meathead
10-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Check out my vote ...

finsrclowns
10-06-2005, 09:43 AM
No, not yet. But it's obvious he's not ready for prime time. He'll get back in there when/if playoffs are out which is the correct decision IMO.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Only time will tell for sure. If he continues to play like he has then he's a bust for sure.

Meathead
10-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Although he's certainly played horribly the last three games, that means absolutely nothing.

It's preposterous to say he's a bust but you watch, until he starts again there will be people saying it. They already are. It's about as preposterous as people saying the Bills can't make the playoffs and they should already dedicate the rest of the season to his development. Insanity.

But it is fun catching suckers. lol

LifetimeBillsFan
10-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Although he's certainly played horribly the last three games, that means absolutely nothing.

It's preposterous to say he's a bust but you watch, until he starts again there will be people saying it. They already are. It's about as preposterous as people saying the Bills can't make the playoffs and they should already dedicate the rest of the season to his development. Insanity.

But it is fun catching suckers. lolIf the defense doesn't start playing any better than it has, they won't make the playoffs and they might as well devote the rest of the season to JP's development. But, I agree with you that it's too early to make that assessment too.

I was very pleased to read that S.Adams and C.Villarial made comments after the Saints game that everyone on the team needs to take a good hard look at themselves and get better and start playing the way they are capable of playing--because they do. If the rest of the team does that, then the season is not lost, regardless of who is the QB. But, if they don't, then they may as well let JP play and make whatever mistakes he's going to make. I would give K.Holcomb and the rest of the team two games to show that they can get things turned around this season.

I don't think we will know whether JP is a bust or not for another two years. If he's playing like Joey Harrington is playing in his fourth season, then he's a bust. I don't think he will be, though.

Static
10-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Man give the poor kid some time sheesh........

BAM
10-06-2005, 10:56 AM
I'll let you know next year sometime. Probably near the end of the season.

For now, I'd say "NO"

BillsFever21
10-06-2005, 11:40 AM
lmao!

I am so embarrassed for you right now.

You need to get some therapy, dude.
I guess you should join me then. Starting stupid multiple threads everyday about this is obsession.

We all know you're embarassed at how much we all laughed at you for you love inspired Drew predictions last season. Get over it he is gone.

TacklingDummy
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Yes he's a bust. And it's not too early to tell.

Everyone wants to compare JP to Eli, Peyton, Palmer, Mcnabb, there is no comparison. They showed signs when they struggled their first year that they were gonna be good QB in the future and they also didn't have the talent around them their 1st year of the likes of Moulds ,Evans, Mcgahee. Plus they didn't have a good defense to keep them in games.

JP has showed nothing. He's like a "deer in the headlights" out there. The Bills gave another QB 4 years to prove his "potential" to his loving fans the Johnsonites and that didn't work out either. Do you really want to give someone 4 years who clearly doesn't have it and never will?

If I had my choice I'd rather have RJ then JP right now. Atleast he never missed so many open recievers with poorly thrown passes.

Let him finish this year and then either cut him or try and trade him if at all possible.

Meathead
10-06-2005, 12:48 PM
http://www.mydesignerperfume.com/img/Obsession.jpg

Novacane
10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Everyone wants to compare JP to Eli, Peyton, Palmer, Mcnabb, there is no comparison. They showed signs when they struggled their first year that they were gonna be good QB in the future and they also didn't have the talent around them their 1st year of the likes of Moulds ,Evans, Mcgahee. Plus they didn't have a good defense to keep them in games.

Will you please start watching the games. We do not have a good defense

DEfinsE!
10-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Man you guys are worse than us fin fans with qbs. Give the kid more than a year before calling him a bust. Also, some pass protection would be nice. Your Oline isn't very good. Might wanna work on that in the offseason. I personally think Losman will turn out to be a fine QB.

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Two words....Too early.

Philagape
10-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Do you really want to give someone 4 years who clearly doesn't have it and never will?

Stupid comments like this are the second-fastest way to get onto the ignore list. (behind referring to one's self in the third person)

The poster clearly doesn't have it and never will, so I won't give him anymore of my time.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2005, 03:00 PM
The guy has started four games, for crissakes. If someone had treated me like that at the beginning of my working career, I'd probably be living in a freezer crate now.

Can't anyone be given an opportunity to learn by making a few mistakes, or in this age of X-Boxes, microwaves, and instant gratification, is that asking too much?

The_Philster
10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
according to the coaches making the switch :idunno:

Tatonka
10-06-2005, 06:40 PM
basenjiwarrior, don137, FinNasty23, fmr60, fusion99, gr8fuldad, Groundgame, JBrownFinFan, Musashi, njsue, paladin warrior, Skooby, TacklingDummy, TheBrownBear

i really can not believe all the listed people above voted yes, implying that they have the knowledge and ability to judge a qb after 4 games.. wow.. is all i can say..

was really surprises me is to see don and paladin vote that way.. wow.
:shakeno:

The_Philster
10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
basenjiwarrior, don137, FinNasty23, fmr60, fusion99, gr8fuldad, Groundgame, JBrownFinFan, Musashi, njsue, paladin warrior, Skooby, TacklingDummy, TheBrownBear i really can not believe all the listed people above voted yes, implying that they have the knowledge and ability to judge a qb after 4 games.. wow.. is all i can say.. was really surprises me is to see don and paladin vote that way.. wow. :shakeno:maybe they just believe what the coaches are telling us by making the switch? :idunno:

Tatonka
10-06-2005, 06:51 PM
the coaches picked him.. what the hell do they know.

Meathead
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
was really surprises me is to see don and paladin vote that way.. wow.

hmm. an interesting observation.

http://www.efragrancedepot.com/product_images/Obsession.jpg

Meathead
10-06-2005, 07:04 PM
im pretty surprised in black bear too

TacklingDummy
10-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Stupid comments like this are the second-fastest way to get onto the ignore list..

Get back to me in 3 years when your love affair with JP is over and he is no longer a Bill. Enjoy the Bills offense's sucking during that time and no playoffs while JP is the starting QB.

TacklingDummy
10-06-2005, 07:26 PM
i really can not believe all the listed people above voted yes, implying that they have the knowledge and ability to judge a qb after 4 games.. wow.. is all i can say..

Same could be said for the people who voted "no".

YardRat
10-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Too early to tell, but my opinion on QB's has always been either they have "it" or they don't.

Even highly-touted QB's that may have struggled early in their careers but went on to great accomplishments gave you glimpses of "it" when they were struggling and losing...whether "it" is physical ability, big play capability or an "uncanny" feel for the game.

I have yet to see "it" from JP.

gannd
10-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Jury is still out. C Palmer sucked the first 4 games last year.

I think they just want to give him a quick time out. I could see him watching for 2 games then put back in. Pat Williams loss seems to be a huge thing these days. It's really too bad as the team looked great before the season and after game 1. But I think reality hurts the most that he is a rookie.

Personally I didnt want to waste our def this year so Losman could learn but thats what it really looks like we get this year. And I cant even cheer for my #2 team (GB) because they look horrible also.

At least hockey is back, Go Oilers!