PDA

View Full Version : How about LaVar Arrington?

Mudflap1
10-06-2005, 01:18 PM
He was benched last week and only played two plays. When asked, Joe Gibbs said "he's not a starter on our team" or something to that degree.

Should we consider trading a future draft pick (not a number 1, please!) for Arrington to protect our house? With Spikes back next year, that would quite the pass rushing unit. 3-4? Certainly would provide some options.

Jon

Michael82
10-06-2005, 01:26 PM
LaVar Arrington was benched? He's not a starter anymore? WTF! I always thought he was one of the best LBs in the league. :shocked:

Kenny
10-06-2005, 01:31 PM
The Bills going back to the 3-4? :pray:

Arrington - Spikes - Fletcher - Posey !!!!!

We'd have to seriously address the NT position though, Adams hasnt looked great this season.

Novacane
10-06-2005, 01:48 PM
He has a bad attitude and makes a ton of money. No thanks

Iehoshua
10-06-2005, 01:50 PM
At this point, I'd take him. He is overrated and wouldn't want to give any more than a 3rd rounder, however, and I doubt it would really happen.

Mudflap1
10-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Attitude? So what? So does half of our team and our entire front office and coaching staff. At least Arrington would be hungry and he'll HIT somebody!

Jon

frank74
10-06-2005, 01:53 PM
i would take him in a second. arrington is one of the most vicious hitters in the nfl. we could use a guy like him especially since he intimidates the hell out of players.

Mudflap1
10-06-2005, 01:56 PM
At least the defense would be solidified a bit more again. That, and if Holcomb plays well (or J.P. comes back in and improves AT ALL) would make this team immediately better.

After the season you fire Tom Donahoe, evaluate Mularkey (possibly bring in someone new), work on improving the O-line and D-line, evaluate the QB's, get TKO back, and things look brighter.

Jon

OpIv37
10-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Not an option- the reason Arrington isn't playing is because he hasn't fully recovered from his injury yet. Vinny Cerato (Serrano? something like that- Redskins VP of Player Personnel) is on the morning show I listen to every Monday, and that's what he said earlier this week.

If this team is truly interested in adding a LB, Winborn is the best option until the off-season/draft. But I doubt that's going to happen because if the Bills were that interested, they would have found a way to bring him here in time for the Dolphins game.

jdbillsfan
10-06-2005, 03:01 PM
He isn't playing because he doesn't fit into their system right now. He is 100% and ready to play.

I would love to have him, but I am pretty sure he has to much money tied into him right now to be traded. The skins would have to eat too much money....

Crisis
10-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Isn't Julian Peterson a FA next year?

I'd wet myself to see him on the same team with TKO.

colin
10-06-2005, 04:06 PM
assuming TKO comes back, we have the LBs we need right now to play 3-4. crowell is a stud.

the thing is, altho we have one DT and perhaps 2 if anderson can do it, we don't have the ends.

schobel is tiny, and kelsey isn't much bigger.

we'd need big honking 275+ DEs to run a 3-4 here, Denny might be able to do it on the LE, but we would need a big strong RE to step up.

also, what would we do with Schobel? he might fit in as a LB and situational end, but do we have the defensive creativity to do that?

personaly, i think a big stud DT coming in would right a whole lot of our defensive wrongs, and more young players at safety would help too (for the future).

if we get solid play from the QB, and a couple interior linemen on both sides of the desk, we will be pretty polished

Crisis
10-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Do we have the coaching personnel for a 3-4?

JefftheBillsfan
10-06-2005, 05:50 PM
you wont see a 3-4 here in buffalo as long as gray is here imo. im not saying thats a bad thing, just calling it like i see it.

pintonick96
10-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd trade our 1sy round pick this year for Arrington. He's the greatest OLB ever IMO. Im biased to Penn State guys, though.

vicmantak
10-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Last Arrington's Update:
Williams: Arrington needs to practice better

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9614702/

jamze132
10-06-2005, 11:33 PM
My buddy in the army is Arrington's cousin. He even says that Lavar is a locker room cancer.

MTBillsFan
10-07-2005, 12:08 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2183191

Since Winborn is no longer an option...maybe Arrington could be a good choice... sorry about the link if it doesn't work... ESPN. com has it on its front page.

GO BILLS