PDA

View Full Version : Titan Assistant Douses Pittsburgh Steeler Joey Porter with Hot Coffee

RedEyE
01-08-2003, 09:06 PM
I have now heard it all.........

Porter claims Titans assistant poured coffee on him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- NFL coaches are accustomed to being drenched in Gatorade. Dousing players with a hot beverage isn't customary, but Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is accusing a Tennessee assistant coach of doing that to him.

The All-Pro linebacker remains angry that Titans strength and conditioning coach Steve Watterson spilled the beverage on him as he tumbled out of bounds during Tennessee's 31-23 victory Nov. 17.

The Steelers and Titans will play in an NFL divisional playoff game Saturday, and Porter plans to use the incident as motivation.

"I tackled (Steve) McNair and we went out of bounds, and a little baldheaded guy came over and threw some coffee on me,'' Porter said. "He thought he was slick about it. He handed the cup to his player. I saw the whole thing on tape.

"I was hoping we'd get to play them again.''

Porter said one of the cameras used by coaches to record plays from different angles caught the act.

"I could have gone to the league and tried to make him lose his job over that because he tried to burn me,'' Porter said. "But I'm not going to worry about that. Coffee is not going to kill me ... it was just coffee. It was cold that day, anyway.''.....MORE~~> http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0108/1489483.html

Courtesy of ESPN.com

Cntrygal
01-08-2003, 09:13 PM
geesh