PDA

View Full Version : LET'S PUT RALPH WILSON WHERE HE BELONGS

Stoneludlow
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Go to the following website to see how you can help put the Bills owner, Ralph Wilson in Canton, OH's Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

www.ralphtothehall.com (http://www.ralphtothehall.com)

If enough Bills' fans write to the voters Ralph might be going to the HOF in 2006!
Won't that be a Party to Tailgate "Buffalo Style"?

lordofgun
10-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Ralph can go to the hall when his team wins a super bowl.

Stoneludlow
10-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Ralph can go to the hall when his team wins a super bowl.jUST CHECK THE SITE & THE FIGURES, RALPH BELONGS IN THE HOF

OpIv37
10-06-2005, 02:36 PM
while I think Ralph belongs in the HOF, this is not the time for this thread/campaign. The Bills organization is a joke right now.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Ralph belongs in Canton. Period.

Stoneludlow
10-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Response from one voter:

Thanks
I know Mr.l Wilson well...and his achievements.
I'd prefer not to receive more emails.
Tell whoever who started this email campaing to stop or they may actually harm their case......Couple of dozen emails a day is too much on this.
It's not as if there was any new or profound information in any of these emails, either.
Enjoy the season. Love football.

Regards,
Frank Cooney

Stoneludlow
10-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Response from one voter:

Thanks
I know Mr.l Wilson well...and his achievements.
I'd prefer not to receive more emails.
Tell whoever who started this email campaing to stop or they may actually harm their case......Couple of dozen emails a day is too much on this.
It's not as if there was any new or profound information in any of these emails, either.
Enjoy the season. Love football.

Regards,
Frank Cooney
And here is one from closer to OP:

Greetings,

This is Mark Gaughan, sports writer from the Buffalo News and one of the 39 voting members to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I received your email regarding Ralph Wilson. Your intentions are honorable and your desire to see him elected to the hall is justified. Your support of Wilson is a great thing and the cause is right.

However, fan lobbying of the 39 voters via email and regular mail is not the best way to promote Wilson's candidacy. In fact, it probably turns off more voters than not.

You want to do something. I appreciate that. The creation of a website promoting Wilson's candidacy, which I understand is in the works, is a good idea. That way voters could access it and see the support if they desire.

Lobbying the voters does occur and can be an important part of the process. But voters are swayed by the lobbying of prominent people in the game, not by fans. It's partly my responsibility that the right kind of lobbying takes place and I assure you I work very hard toward that end.

I realize Ralph's inability to get into the Hall is a source of frustration for all Bills fans.

But I encourage you not to lobby the voters by email or regular mail. I think it would be counter-productive -- and I'm' in a good position to know.

Best regards,

Mark Gaughan.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2005, 03:55 PM
I run the site. We've taken down the names. We're planning plan B.