• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Cherry
    BFZ Hockey Commissioner
    • Oct 2002

Rangers acquire Mironov from Blackhawks

Jan 08, 2003

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rangers general manager Glen Sather is looking everywhere to help his injury-plagued, last-place team fight to keep alive any hope for the playoffs.

His latest move came Wednesday when he traded for disgruntled defenseman Boris Mironov. In return, New York sent a fourth-round pick in next year's draft to the Chicago Blackhawks.

Mironov hasn't played since Dec. 1. He skipped practice two days later because of complaints about his lack of playing time, and demanded a trade. He was suspended and stayed away until Dec. 31, when he began a 14-day conditioning program.

"When I found out he was having a problem, I called them right away," Sather said.

Sather added that he thought the deal would be completed sooner, but it took a while because of what Chicago was looking to get back.

Mironov's suspension cost him over $620,000 through last weekend and he stood to lose upward of $800,000 by the time his conditioning stint was due to end next week.

• Don Cherry
    BFZ Hockey Commissioner
    • Oct 2002

2 assists tonight vs Carolina as well.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Mironov was a lazy bum. He will play well the rest of the season, because his contract is up. But I pity the team that signs him. He quit on the Hawks, now all the other players are :angry:ing him in the papers today.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

are the RANGERS ever going to make the playoffs?they sure spend a lot of money to hit the golf courses early.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
          • Jul 2002

Yes they will, one of these years...only to get bounced in the first round like the Cryers did last year.

Comment

• Don Cherry
            BFZ Hockey Commissioner
            • Oct 2002

I want to know what happened to Glen Sather.

I think he's actually spoiled to have too much money to play with. In Edmonton, he built a dynasty, only to see it crumble under Pocklington's inability to make money and keep the core together.

He then continued to weave a good team together with a small budget- With the Miro Satan trade to Buffalo for two stiffs being his only major league bad move.

Now he's got more money than any other team, and has wasted it on brittle, aged veterans.

Richter- Out for the season
            Bure- Out another month
            Lindros- One concussion away
            Leetch- Hurt
            Holik- Millions for a stiff who gets hurt
            Poti- good pickup- getting hurt
            Radek Dvorak- waste of space
            Messier- Old and Brittle

The list goes on and on.....

Comment

Working...
            X