PDA

View Full Version : What effect do you think Holcomb's starting will have on. . .

Mr.Reality
10-06-2005, 08:35 PM
. . . McGahee's production?

Will a little bit of a more open attack open things up for Willis? Granted Holcomb's not Joe Montana, but he's had a few big games in his career and has a little bit of experience. The Bills have some quality guys to work with. Even with a suspect line, he'll be quicker off the draw than Loseman, yes? Even with a suspect line, he should hit a few more receivers and open things up for McGahee a little bit. . . or no?

I'm thinking yes. I'm thinking it could be the right mix of mutual back-scratching that could help everyone--the QB, McGahee, and the line.

The reason I ask is because somebody offered me McGahee for Eli Manning in a fantasy league (the one where you can play two QBs). Manning has been on fire. I'm starting him over Culpepper. Kerry Collins has also been fine. Culpepper has been my weak spot, and I don't really trust him.

I already have Stephen Jackson from the Rams. Behind him I have Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, and Cedric Benson.

So what I'm basically betting on is that a Collins/Jackson/McGahee combo is better than a Collins/Manning/Jackson combo. I'm not sure that it is.

Unless McGahee goes off. . .

Will he?

OpIv37
10-06-2005, 08:40 PM
I think it will have very little effect cuz he's already been running well and Mularkey's a stubborn ass who won't use him.

RedEyE
10-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Its the one thing that seems to be working right now....which probably means its about take a nose dive down the **** ter.

juice
10-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Without The YoungGun slinger JP at the helm Clements and Mularky will be forced to adapt to a Run Willis First approach and not resort to their Hotdog big play days in Pitts.. the only Slash in this offense is Willis/1500yd rusher.

Turf
10-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I think the Dolphins defensive game plan is even simpler now. Stack up against the run. You've got a new Qb who's not started. But not just that, you have a coaching staff that plays in fear. Instead of going with a game plan, the Bills reaction to stacking up against the run will be what you've seen all year, 1-2 yard passes.

It's clear to me, until the Bills change their offensive coordinator, they will never be able to offer any QB success. I'll bet you Tom Brady or Payton Manning couldn't succeed with this bunch. That's how bad they are.

MTBillsFan
10-07-2005, 12:16 AM
We'll still run Willis...hopefully for more than 16/game. He needs about 25-30 rushes/game. Of course, that would mean our D has stopped someone on 3rd down, and we're converting ours.
GO BILLS!!!

vicmantak
10-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Holcombe's experience brings more dimension to this offense so he will have a possitive effect on McGahee's performance.
In Cleveland, he had a same kind of porous OL and he simply showed that he knows how to involve any player on the ground.

YardRat
10-07-2005, 05:30 AM
I think the fantasy value of every Bills' skill player just went up, including McGahee, but especially Moulds, Evans, and the TE's.

Barring injury, I think McGahee's a lock to be a real workhorse.

BillsFever21
10-07-2005, 08:00 AM
This isn't Peyton Manning we have stepping in. The WR value might go up a little but Holcomb won't be passing for no 300 yards and multiple TD's. You're living in a pipe dream if you believe that.

finsrclowns
10-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Miami is pretty stout on the run. But you need to be persistent with the run in order to make them honor the play action pass. Holcomb has the potential to get the ball to the WR's down the field if we can protect him. And part of protecting him will be an effective running game. That means getting into manageable 3rd downs and converting them. I expect our offense to be much improved. But make no mistake, this will be a low scoring game on both sides.

justasportsfan
10-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Steelers ran 618 and threw 295 last year w/ Ben as qb and he ran 56 times. That's 2 : 1 ratio.

The bills have ran 111 (JP ran 19 )and passed 103 in trying to develop JP.

I think MM wants JP to throw a lot. The sooner he get's confidence throwing the ball the sooner he'll develop throwing.

I like JP. I think he'll eventually be a great qb, but right now, I want to win. If holcomb does great things for us, we can still plug JP in there during 3rd or 4th qtrs. Jp is a long term solution qb, but by the time he develops he may not have wr's to throw to if they all leave to be w/ teams that have the possibility of playoffs and sb.

Luisito23
10-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Holcomb won't be passing for no 300 yards

Maybe not 300 But I'm pretty sure he'll at least pass for more than 70 yds....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!