PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Neil Masters

northernbillfan
10-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Perhaps one of the most indepth and analytical gameday previews around, The Bills Zone is proud to bring you Neil Masters' "As I See It"

The Buffalo Bills, humbled by their embarrassing performance in San Antonio against the New Orleans Saints, return home to Ralph Wilson Stadium this week for a crucial match up with their arch-rivals, the Miami Dolphins, the surprising leaders of the AFC East after a quarter of the 2005 season. While many Bills fans and members of the media have pointed to the poor play of first year starting quarterback JP Losman, who was a pitiful 7-15 for 75 yards passing with an interception and 4 sacks against the Saints, as the primary cause of the Bills' woes this season, Bills GM Tom Donahoe and several of the veteran players pointed out after the game that it has not just been Losman whose performance has been disappointing thus far this season. "We all need to look at ourselves in the mirror and find ways we can all get better," Bills guard Chris Villarrial is reported to have said after the game, "That's the only thing we can do."

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/10/07/as_i_see_it_miami_dolphins_vs_buffalo_bills_preview.php)

northernbillfan
10-07-2005, 02:22 PM
This is a little lengthy, but a great preview. Well worth the five minutes.

dplus47
10-07-2005, 05:29 PM
that was a good read. isn't it game time already?

Cntrygal
10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
instead of humbled... they should be pissed.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-08-2005, 07:49 PM
This preview was written before it was announced that K.Holcomb would definitely start for the Bills this week. It might have been a bit different had I known that information. Nevertheless, I would really appreciate any feedback on the article that any Zoners might be willing to offer. Thanks!

Turf
10-08-2005, 08:46 PM
This preview was written before it was announced that K.Holcomb would definitely start for the Bills this week. It might have been a bit different had I known that information. Nevertheless, I would really appreciate any feedback on the article that any Zoners might be willing to offer. Thanks!

It was an excellent in depth read. I can't agree more about Clements ineptness at playcalling.
Also IMO, Grays doesn't get enough blame. Personally I never bought into Jerry, I think he should do much better with the talent he has. I think the talent is carrying him. His 3rd down strategies are atrocious.
Also, Clements is worse than Pendry. And JP is getting the blame for all this.

When Kelly came in the game the first time he replaced JP, he threw 3 1 yard passes and we punted. Now who's fault was that? Kelly? Clements? Moulds? The offense?
Clearly in my mind it was the offensive game plan.
Are we going to see the 1 yard pass on 3rd and 10 tomorrow? You bet ya! So lets look at this picture. Drew failed. JP failed. Kelly, well we'll see.
Extrapolate.
Mularkey. Does he see the gameplan and go, geez looks good to me.
TD, does he see these amateurs and blame the players?
While TD has failed in my mind at two big things talent wise, the offensive line and the DE position (yes, we are weak at defensive end, we have to blitz the house to get a sack) his coaching decisions have been to date aweful.

So yeah, I liked your article, it took a lot of work too I'm sure. Thanks for inspiring me to type for a moment.