X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carybillsfan
    • Aug 2003

Holcomb Starting is the right choice

If there is any chance at reaching the playoffs we have to win the next 2 games. I'm a big JP fan, but he looked horrible last week against a team that was chewed up by the giants and vikings. If Holcomb can't get it done the next two games then JP will have the final 10 to get "seasoned" for next year. We must win these 2 at home and Holcomb gives us the best chance at winning right now.

JP's time will come.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Holcomb Starting is the right choice

Originally posted by carybillsfan
    If there is any chance at reaching the playoffs we have to win the next 2 games. I'm a big JP fan, but he looked horrible last week against a team that was chewed up by the giants and vikings. If Holcomb can't get it done the next two games then JP will have the final 10 to get "seasoned" for next year. We must win these 2 at home and Holcomb gives us the best chance at winning right now.

JP's time will come.
    You clearly aint reading my post on this.

Wiing the next 2 puts us at 3 and 3, that a LONG way from the 10 and 6 we need. You think Holcomb wins us another 7? with our schedule? Even if that does happen, Holcomb takes us to a SB win? If not whats the point?

If we win these 2 and then bench Holcomb and restart Losman, Losman wins 7 for us?

Imnot seeing why these next 2 games are THE difference makers.

Trust me, I hate the Fins and Jets and want to beat them, but I dont see why these games are crucial when NEITHER QB gets us to the playoffs this year.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

because winning now is where it's at in the nfl.

will jp become the next favre and lead us to several sb victories? maybe. will jp become the next rj and get bj's in a calif hot tub on our dollar for the next four decades? maybe.

if this were the 49ers then i'd say start jp. but it isn't. holcomb gives us the best shot to win today.

if he keeps on winning, he stays in. period. if he sucks, or the team does and the playoffs become out of reach, give jp all the starts we can stomach.
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

If there is any chance at reaching the playoffs we have to win the next 2 games. I'm a big JP fan, but he looked horrible last week against a team that was chewed up by the giants and vikings. If Holcomb can't get it done the next two games then JP will have the final 10 to get "seasoned" for next year. We must win these 2 at home and Holcomb gives us the best chance at winning right now.JP's time will come.
        Originally posted by Meathead
        because winning now is where it's at in the nfl.will jp become the next favre and lead us to several sb victories? maybe. will jp become the next rj and get bj's in a calif hot tub on our dollar for the next four decades? maybe.if this were the 49ers then i'd say start jp. but it isn't. holcomb gives us the best shot to win today.if he keeps on winning, he stays in. period. if he sucks, or the team does and the playoffs become out of reach, give jp all the starts we can stomach.
        Exactly.

Comment

• gr8fuldad
          • Jul 2005

I totally agree!! these games are a must, and the goal is still winning !!!!!

If in fact JP is the answer, he hasn't shown much for someone who supposedly showed up so very early for camp's etc. wanting to learn. The Bills need to win NOW, not after JP grows up, which is still not a given he even will. Kelly is a veteran, and i do believe he will proove that fact.......yes, he's had a bad run, but look at the team he was with !!
          From a bills fan, it's a great move, and well needed.

Comment

• HULKFish
            • Oct 2005

JP's time will come.
            No SMACK but you guys are looking earily similar to the 04' Phins...

Feeley/ Holcomb - pocket passer
            Fiedler/ Losman - scrambler

bunch of D injuries... SPOOKY!!
            HULKFISH SMASH!!

Comment

• FINZ FURY
              • Oct 2005

As a Dolphins fan, Holcomb worries me much more than Losman. When Holcomb is hot he is deadly. He was able at times to put up big numbers while playing on the Browns. Moulds and Evans worry me much more than any Browns wr he had to work with.
              Reggie Howard was finally benched (thank god) but we are still relying on 4th rd rookie T.Daniels and now 2nd year player Eddie Jackson to step up at cb. If those guys falter, Holcomb could have his way with them. I expect Saban to blitz blitz blitz in order to pressure Holcomb and exploit his lack of mobility. Either way, I dont think this game will be a cake walk. I still think the Phins will win but it should be a tight game.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FINZ FURY
                As a Dolphins fan, Holcomb worries me much more than Losman. When Holcomb is hot he is deadly. He was able at times to put up big numbers while playing on the Browns. Moulds and Evans worry me much more than any Browns wr he had to work with.
                Reggie Howard was finally benched (thank god) but we are still relying on 4th rd rookie T.Daniels and now 2nd year player Eddie Jackson to step up at cb. If those guys falter, Holcomb could have his way with them. I expect Saban to blitz blitz blitz in order to pressure Holcomb and exploit his lack of mobility. Either way, I dont think this game will be a cake walk. I still think the Phins will win but it should be a tight game.
                Except for your conclusion, nice post and I agree.
                finsrclowns

Comment

• carybillsfan
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                  You clearly aint reading my post on this.

If we win these 2 and then bench Holcomb and restart Losman, Losman wins 7 for us?
                  If Holcomb wins the next 2 he's our qb, until further notice. I'm sick of next year will be good, who cares abotu the playoffs this year?

I care and so do high end free agents, they want to play for a team committed to winning, if we continue to throw seasons down the drain in hope that next year it'll pay off we'll never be any good.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

JP's time will come.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Meathead
                      if this were the 49ers then i'd say start jp. but it isn't. holcomb gives us the best shot to win today.
                      What do you base this on? Why are we so much better than the 9'ers? I think the people who think we are "this close" or a "qb away" from the playoffs have been drinking too much of TD's Kool-Aid.

We are not a good team right now and haven't been for many years. This is fact, not fiction.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

If Holcomb wins the next 2 he's our qb, until further notice. I'm sick of next year will be good, who cares abotu the playoffs this year?

I care and so do high end free agents, they want to play for a team committed to winning, if we continue to throw seasons down the drain in hope that next year it'll pay off we'll never be any good.
                        OK, fine, I cant disagree with wanting the playoffs as soon as possible. I want that too.

What happens then? what if we do make it to the playoffs and then lose in round 1 or 2? what then? Will you then say, we need a SB caliper QB?

What if we DONT go to the playoffs? Will you say we need a playoff and SB caliper QB?

All these paths lead to the same place. Win now is fine and a wonderful short term goal. But it isnt THE goal which is to win the SB.

How much longer are you willing to wait for that? how much longer do you want to wait for THAT QB? Because it sure as hell isnt Holcomb, and it may or may not be Losman, we dont know yet.

As god is my witness, I firnly believe that we need the next Kelly to win a SB here in Buffalo. I just want that day to come as soon as possible. I dont think for a minute that Holcomb does it for us, so lets get the damn guy going who does!!!!!! Losman, other I dont frikkin care, but if it aint Holcomb, get the right guy! lose this year, go to the playoffs next, and the SB the year after? Great. Lose this year, lose next year, lose the following? NO!!!!! Go to the playoff this year-out in round1, lose next year, still dont have an answer at QB? NO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

JP's time will come.
                          Good post Cary..

Many Bills fans seem to think that by benching JP, the organization is giving up on him or questioning his ability to ever be a productive QB in the League.. but actually the staff is giving him the chance to learn from a different perspective now that he has really had some starts in the Big Leagues.

Last year JP was limited in what he was exposed to in his little bit of Playtime, But now he can watch from the sideline and see how a Vet allows a play to develope and how to feel the pressure in the pocket.. JP seemed to be a little eager to run after seeing that his primary target is covered - he never really looked to options B & C before he tucked the ball and ran.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                            OK, fine, I cant disagree with wanting the playoffs as soon as possible. I want that too.

What happens then? what if we do make it to the playoffs and then lose in round 1 or 2? what then? Will you then say, we need a SB caliper QB?

What if we DONT go to the playoffs? Will you say we need a playoff and SB caliper QB?

All these paths lead to the same place. Win now is fine and a wonderful short term goal. But it isnt THE goal which is to win the SB.

How much longer are you willing to wait for that? how much longer do you want to wait for THAT QB? Because it sure as hell isnt Holcomb, and it may or may not be Losman, we dont know yet.

As god is my witness, I firnly believe that we need the next Kelly to win a SB here in Buffalo. I just want that day to come as soon as possible. I dont think for a minute that Holcomb does it for us, so lets get the damn guy going who does!!!!!! Losman, other I dont frikkin care, but if it aint Holcomb, get the right guy! lose this year, go to the playoffs next, and the SB the year after? Great. Lose this year, lose next year, lose the following? NO!!!!! Go to the playoff this year-out in round1, lose next year, still dont have an answer at QB? NO!!!!!!!!!
                            Great post
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

One game at a time folks. Let's see what happens Sunday. Everything could change again by Monday/Tuesday next week.
                              will jp become the next favre and lead us to several sb victories? maybe. will jp become the next rj and get bj's in a calif hot tub on our dollar for the next four decades? maybe.
                              Hilarious! And true!

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X