X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kinigirly
    • Sep 2005

Moulds Pissed Me Off

Eric Moulds is coming off like such a selfish a$$! "Me and the other veterans talked about it, and we want to win now" Ok lets screw over our future quarterback and his development because you haven't won a superbowl in your 10 years and now you're getting cranky about it. Don't punish JP because you haven't achieved your own goals in a DECADE. What happened to the TEAM mentality?? All of a sudden its all me, me, me...the veterans want to win now no matter what the cost. This selfishness really pisses me off. I know the Kelly Bills era is over....but this quote "team" makes me sick. If Holcomb is our secret weapon and he's gonna do a miracle, he would've but a starting quarterback instead of a backup for the past 10 years. Shame on you Buffalo!
  • Shasta McNasty
    • Feb 2003

Re: Moulds Pissed Me Off

Originally posted by kinigirly
    Eric Moulds is coming off like such a selfish a$$! "Me and the other veterans talked about it, and we want to win now" Ok lets screw over our future quarterback and his development because you haven't won a superbowl in your 10 years and now you're getting cranky about it. Don't punish JP because you haven't achieved your own goals in a DECADE. What happened to the TEAM mentality?? All of a sudden its all me, me, me...the veterans want to win now no matter what the cost. This selfishness really pisses me off. I know the Kelly Bills era is over....but this quote "team" makes me sick. If Holcomb is our secret weapon and he's gonna do a miracle, he would've but a starting quarterback instead of a backup for the past 10 years. Shame on you Buffalo!
    Yeah those vets are jerks for wanting to win.

Comment

• kinigirly
      • Sep 2005

I'm not saying they're jerks for wanting to win, I'm saying they're jerks for not doing it as a team. You don't step over other people and push them aside so you can win the superbowl and finally retire. You stick together and stand behind your team mates, win or lose!

Comment

• finsrclowns
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kinigirly
        I'm not saying they're jerks for wanting to win, I'm saying they're jerks for not doing it as a team. You don't step over other people and push them aside so you can win the superbowl and finally retire. You stick together and stand behind your team mates, win or lose!
        Players are not lemmings. They could see the cliff JP was leading them to and not wanting to jump off doesn't make them jerks. I would love to know the result of a secret ball on members of the team as to whether they support this decision. I'd bet Moulds is on the vast majority side.
        finsrclowns

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Agreed.... if you know you are doing your part and the QB isnt getting his done... it isnt wrong to question it!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

I agree that it most likely wasn't just Moulds.

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

It would be stupid to expect them to actually accept any blame themselves.

Comment

• Fairway
                • Jul 2002

I see it as the players using JP as an excuse for thier poor play. Now their crutch is gone. They complained and got thier way. They had better perform now.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Fairway
                  I see it as the players using JP as an excuse for thier poor play. Now their crutch is gone. They complained and got thier way. They had better perform now.

We shall see...

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
                    especially Moulds.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                      Players are not lemmings. They could see the cliff JP was leading them to and not wanting to jump off doesn't make them jerks. I would love to know the result of a secret ball on members of the team as to whether they support this decision. I'd bet Moulds is on the vast majority side.
                      And if Holcomb plays like he has when he's been in there? Then what? Matthews? The Pinto Guy? The Chef?

When players effect coaching and/or personnel decisions that is a pure sign the team is in dire trouble. It shows MM and TD do not have a handle on things nor the respect of the team. (actually that was clear beforehand just by the way the team had been performing..or not performing I should say.) Look at the successful coaches and the players play hard for them because they believe in them and respect them. When players can cause decisions, it shows the coach is weak, and that is like blood in the water for sharks. The players may consciously say "that's great they listen", but subconsciously they lose respect. You don't see guys like Belichick, Parcells, or Lewis making decisions based on what the "vets want".

Ultimately I think this is the beginning of the end of their tenure. Which I guess is fine since that is what I and many others want.

Comment

• The Heartbreak Kid
                        • Sep 2005

The quarterback is the problem. There was too much hype over Losman. Should Eric Moulds be upset, yeah! Throw Moulds and Evans the ball more. Things should be better with the passing game this week because of Kelly Holcomb. Kelly Holcomb is a proven back up quarterback. If he starts a couple games there is no problem. This way Eric Moulds and Lee Evans will get some yardage and be happy. There is no way honestly that if you were Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, or anyone who is a receiver or a catching tight end would be happy about the way that Losman has been throwing. I support the idea starting Kelly Holcomb and trying to save this season. Kelly Holcomb is like the great Buffalo Bills back up Alex Van Pelt. Kelly Holcomb is also a back up quarterback too, don't forget and not a regular starter. You can not always be future oriented, you must look to the present at some point in time. Moulds has been patient and it will pay off, but not this season as we all have hoped. So give Holcomb some starts and give Losman some starts and divide the rest of the games in half. Eli Manning and Kurt Warner switched on and off and look how Eli turned out. Big Ben just got lucky. If Eric Moulds is making you upset, give him a break. He doesn't want to have such bad numbers. Is that really so bad, to try to get your numbers up?

Comment

• SkapePhin
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                          And if Holcomb plays like he has when he's been in there? Then what? Matthews? The Pinto Guy? The Chef?

When players effect coaching and/or personnel decisions that is a pure sign the team is in dire trouble. It shows MM and TD do not have a handle on things nor the respect of the team. (actually that was clear beforehand just by the way the team had been performing..or not performing I should say.) Look at the successful coaches and the players play hard for them because they believe in them and respect them. When players can cause decisions, it shows the coach is weak, and that is like blood in the water for sharks. The players may consciously say "that's great they listen", but subconsciously they lose respect. You don't see guys like Belichick, Parcells, or Lewis making decisions based on what the "vets want".

Ultimately I think this is the beginning of the end of their tenure. Which I guess is fine since that is what I and many others want.
                          Precisely.. This is what happened with Wannestedt in Miami.. He was such a pushover that it eventually corrupted the team.. Looks like the same thing may be happening in Buff this year.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Moulds is running out of time. I don't blame him.

We were to take a step forward this year, according to the coaches.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                              We were to take a step forward this year, according to the coaches.
                              According to TD, we were to take steps forward in '02, '03, '04...

The Kool Aid has worked well.

Comment

Working...
                              X