PDA

View Full Version : Everyone shouldn't be so upset

Kerr
10-07-2005, 11:14 AM
If Kelly Holcomb turns out to play the way he played with Cleveland, then we're in good shape, as far as the offense is concerned. I'm not so worried about Losman's future with this club. He's still the future for this team. He just wasn't ready yet to take over the reigns. That's understandable just because he's a very young qb. What Losman needs is what he's going to receive. He needs to learn and grab some wood. Whether or not Losman will turn out to be what we expect remains to seen, but right now Holcomb is our best option.

I was concerned about Losman's confidence and esteem with all the benchings, but one thing I forgot to realize was that Losman has a lot of confidence for a young struggling qb. He doesn't make excuses nor does he feel sorry for himself. He's just dissapointed that he couldn't play any better. This will make him work harder and improve. Losman doesn't need to be pampered. If the club want's to win now, they can't pamper a young qb for the sake of growing pains. Isn't this the reason why they got rid of Drew? Didn't they feel they couldn't get over the hump as long as bledsoe was the starting qb? Yeah, they were very confident in Losman in the offseason, yet a little unrealistic in thinking he could take us to the playoffs.

So, what should we expect? I hope I see the holcomb from cleveland, not the one that came in for backup duty. Holcomb is not a long term answer. He's too old to be a franchise qb. He's going to perform his job and help the team win. We could win a superbowl with him, but it still wouldn't change anything. Losman is and will be the future for this team. Such a feat for holcomb, would guarantee him a job elsewhere for a team in need of a qb who can help them win right away.

So everyone should just sit back and relax and enjoy watching us squish the fish this week.

footballhottie
10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
We are nothing with out a good o-line...I'm sorry but thats just the way it is.

The_Philster
10-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Losman won't be the future of this team sitting on the bench

OpIv37
10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
If Kelly Holcomb turns out to play the way he played with Cleveland, then we're in good shape, as far as the offense is concerned. I'm not so worried about Losman's future with this club. He's still the future for this team. He just wasn't ready yet to take over the reigns. That's understandable just because he's a very young qb.

what's not understandable is why Holcomb wasn't starting from Game 1. Now we're in an almost impossible hole- too little, too late.

Iehoshua
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
:bf1:

:up:

Amen.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Here is my beef Kerr. If Losman wasn't ready they should have started Holcomb from the beginning. Now that we have already pretty much blown the season now is a perfect time for JP to get EXP. So what do we do? Bench him. It doesn't make sense to me. I obviously hope we win but this year has pretty much lost its excitement already.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2005, 06:43 PM
what's not understandable is why Holcomb wasn't starting from Game 1. Now we're in an almost impossible hole- too little, too late.
Yes

BillsFever21
10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Holcomb could win us a Super Bowl? :roflmao:

He wouldn't even stay healthy long enough to make it that far let alone get us that far.

Some people are drastically overestimating the talent and coaching abilities of this team. We will never go to the Super Bowl no matter who the QB is as long as Mularkey and these clowns are running the team.

DynaPaul
10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
If we're out of contention, in about 5 games, Losman will be back in action again.

Kerr
10-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Holcomb could win us a Super Bowl? :roflmao:

He wouldn't even stay healthy long enough to make it that far let alone get us that far.

Some people are drastically overestimating the talent and coaching abilities of this team. We will never go to the Super Bowl no matter who the QB is as long as Mularkey and these clowns are running the team.
I didn't say holcomb had the ability to win us a sb. I said he could win in the sense of that it still wouldn't change the fact that losman is still the future of this club regardless of what happens.

Kerr
10-07-2005, 09:55 PM

You're right, and I agree. It would have saved Losman all this humiliation of getting benched. It seems that all the positive talk about losman having a good offseason training and learning just gave the coaching staff high hopes for him to handle the load, but it seems it was far too much right now. I'm sure Losman thought he could handle it, but things just haven't worked out. I just hope this doesn't translate into J.P. being a consistent practice qb, but an inconsistent gameday qb ala Rob Johnson.

Kerr
10-07-2005, 10:01 PM

Not necassarily. Think of all the past qb's in the history of the nfl who've gotten benched early in their careers because of poor performances (eg John Elway). How about the qb's who sat on the bench for a couple of years and turned out to be capable starters( eg Chad Pennington). I am as dissapointed about this as everyone else, but everyone wants to win right now, right? A change at the qb position could be a good thing. Like Op stated, a lot of excitment has been lost this season because of our bad record and Losman not exceeding expectations.

Ngxtreme13
10-07-2005, 10:04 PM
what r u talking about people the season is not over if we win and new england loses we are 1st place in the division becuz we would have a better divisional record so the season is not over

Ngxtreme13
10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
billeive wasnt created for nothing come on people BILLEIVE