X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BufBill1180
    • Aug 2002

Who will be a surprise cut?

I was just wondering who you guys thought would be cut at the final cutdown date. Last year we had a few surprises with Henry Jones being cut and then Steve Christie in the season. What will happen this year? Will Jerry Ostroski get cut? Will Erik Flowers finally get the axe? Bill Conaty? Or maybe Jeremy McDaniel will finally be let go? Or could it be Shawn Bryson? We'll just have to keep watching. Who knows? Maybe a solid player will be cut from another team or we will finally land Sam Adams. ONLY time will tell. Stay Tuned!
  • clumping platelets

Sam Adams is not coming to Buffalo. He will end up re-signing will the Ravens

I really don't think that Ostroski is going anywhere. His cap number isn't a problem. I also don't really see anyone "surprising" that will be cut. Not this year.....it's relatively predictable

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

If Flowers doesn't show something, anything, then I'll step out and say he'll be cut. We are so low on DL depth however, that he'll have to really show so little that others cand do the same at a fraction of the cost.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Like you know anything, CLump!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

I think Flowers is definately a gonner and the way Sullivan is looking I would not be supprised to see Jerry O cut too!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Actually, it's funny! Someone asked Tom Donahoe when he will surprise us with Sam Adams...and he replied....

"Once we rob a bank!"
            Last edited by Michael82; 08-08-2002, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Anyone else see any surprise cuts out there? For the Bills or any other teams....?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Probably Flowers but I really wouldn't classify that as a surprise.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Last year Williams cleaned house of the old regime so you saw a few surprises. I don't feel they will cut someone that would leave us scratching our heads saying I can't believe they cut him...Flowers, Jackson, McDaniel and company I wouldn't classify as surprise cuts. Flowers may not even be cut until after the Bills look at the waiver wire of the last cuts to see who is out there. If they see someone they like (aka. someone with Pittsburgh or Tennessee ties) then Flowers will be cut but as WYS states they are very thin at DL.
                  If I had to list someone I will say C. Alexander or Sammy Morris. Jamal Anderson and Ricky Watters are still out there so we not find any takers for Bryson. Bryson is the one the Bills want to trade because he has the most value.

Comment

• BambinoSux
                    Don't Throw It My Way
                    • Aug 2002

There doesn't always have to be a suprise. I doubt anyone would get cut besides Flowers. I don't see the point in cutting Ostroski. I know we are paying him a lot of dough but we gotta pay him whether he plays or not so why not keep him on the roster for depth? On that note, is Sullivan doing THAT good? I haven't heard that much about him from camp. Maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places, but of course I'm in Boston so all I hear is "Richard Seymour is god." and stuff like that.
                    I don't believe in no damn curses.

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

I think bryson is gonna be gone, don't know if that counts as a suprise cut though, because his departure has been rumoured all summer long.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Surprise cuts? Flowers. Thats it.

From other teams though I think the teams to watch are Washington, Tampa, Indy, and Oakland for players to be surprise cuts.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Drewpac
                          • Jul 2002

Flowers is not a surprise cut, and yes he will be gone. Jerry O will stay, as will JR. I think either Huntley or Morris will be shown the door, hopefully Huntley.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                            • Jul 2002

Welcome BufBill1180!!!!!! :)
                            Originally posted by notacon
                            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I think Travares Tillman is playing on borrowed time. I don't know if anyone would consider him a surprise cut or not.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X