PDA

View Full Version : Who will be a surprise cut?

BufBill1180
08-07-2002, 10:46 PM
I was just wondering who you guys thought would be cut at the final cutdown date. Last year we had a few surprises with Henry Jones being cut and then Steve Christie in the season. What will happen this year? Will Jerry Ostroski get cut? Will Erik Flowers finally get the axe? Bill Conaty? Or maybe Jeremy McDaniel will finally be let go? Or could it be Shawn Bryson? We'll just have to keep watching. Who knows? Maybe a solid player will be cut from another team or we will finally land Sam Adams. ONLY time will tell. Stay Tuned! :D

clumping platelets
08-07-2002, 10:50 PM
Sam Adams is not coming to Buffalo. He will end up re-signing will the Ravens

I really don't think that Ostroski is going anywhere. His cap number isn't a problem. I also don't really see anyone "surprising" that will be cut. Not this year.....it's relatively predictable

WG
08-07-2002, 10:58 PM
If Flowers doesn't show something, anything, then I'll step out and say he'll be cut. We are so low on DL depth however, that he'll have to really show so little that others cand do the same at a fraction of the cost.

Michael82
08-07-2002, 10:59 PM
Like you know anything, CLump! :D

:rolleyes:

Novacane
08-07-2002, 11:02 PM
I think Flowers is definately a gonner and the way Sullivan is looking I would not be supprised to see Jerry O cut too!

Michael82
08-07-2002, 11:03 PM
Actually, it's funny! Someone asked Tom Donahoe when he will surprise us with Sam Adams...and he replied....

"Once we rob a bank!"

Michael82
08-08-2002, 12:06 AM
Anyone else see any surprise cuts out there? For the Bills or any other teams....?

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2002, 12:35 AM
Probably Flowers but I really wouldn't classify that as a surprise.

don137
08-08-2002, 06:10 AM
Last year Williams cleaned house of the old regime so you saw a few surprises. I don't feel they will cut someone that would leave us scratching our heads saying I can't believe they cut him...Flowers, Jackson, McDaniel and company I wouldn't classify as surprise cuts. Flowers may not even be cut until after the Bills look at the waiver wire of the last cuts to see who is out there. If they see someone they like (aka. someone with Pittsburgh or Tennessee ties) then Flowers will be cut but as WYS states they are very thin at DL.
If I had to list someone I will say C. Alexander or Sammy Morris. Jamal Anderson and Ricky Watters are still out there so we not find any takers for Bryson. Bryson is the one the Bills want to trade because he has the most value.

BambinoSux
08-08-2002, 06:48 AM
There doesn't always have to be a suprise. I doubt anyone would get cut besides Flowers. I don't see the point in cutting Ostroski. I know we are paying him a lot of dough but we gotta pay him whether he plays or not so why not keep him on the roster for depth? On that note, is Sullivan doing THAT good? I haven't heard that much about him from camp. Maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places, but of course I'm in Boston so all I hear is "Richard Seymour is god." and stuff like that.

HenryRules
08-08-2002, 08:31 AM
I think bryson is gonna be gone, don't know if that counts as a suprise cut though, because his departure has been rumoured all summer long.

DraftBoy
08-08-2002, 08:57 AM
Surprise cuts? Flowers. Thats it.

From other teams though I think the teams to watch are Washington, Tampa, Indy, and Oakland for players to be surprise cuts.

Drewpac
08-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Flowers is not a surprise cut, and yes he will be gone. Jerry O will stay, as will JR. I think either Huntley or Morris will be shown the door, hopefully Huntley.

Cntrygal
08-10-2002, 08:29 PM
Welcome BufBill1180!!!!!! :)

TigerJ
08-10-2002, 10:45 PM
I think Travares Tillman is playing on borrowed time. I don't know if anyone would consider him a surprise cut or not.

John Doe
08-11-2002, 08:17 PM
TJ - you beat me to it.