PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Expecting from Holcomb?

Meathead
10-07-2005, 01:19 PM
I would be happy if he threw for 14 TD's - this week.

What are some more modest, and reasonable, expectations that will give the Bills a chance to win?

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Hopefully he throws a fastball pass at MM's head and takes him out while he is talking to TD on the sideline phone, which then sends an electrical spark through the line and takes out TD.

At that point the Bills will have their best chance to win in 5 years.

BILL$ B@$HER
10-07-2005, 01:34 PM
interceptions, fumbles, and a loss:lmao:

Tatonka
10-07-2005, 01:34 PM
i expect 1 td, 1 int, and 2 fumbles. 150 yards passing. and is walking with a limp after the game.

OpIv37
10-07-2005, 01:45 PM
seriously, if he puts up 200 yards and doesn't turn the ball over, we'll win.

Iehoshua
10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Hopefully he throws a fastball pass at MM's head and takes him out while he is talking to TD on the sideline phone, which then sends an electrical spark through the line and takes out TD.

:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I dunno...the way the defense has been playing (especially with the loss of TKO) I think we are going to have to score 20+ points.

justasportsfan
10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
I expect him to make the fins pay when they give him a chance to throw. JP hasn't done that. Jp doesn't even see our wr's when they are open.

madness
10-07-2005, 01:57 PM
a big fat W. Nothing more nothing less.

TacklingDummy
10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I see a Win for the Bills and the Losman excuser's taking credit away from Holcomb.

Ebenezer
10-07-2005, 02:06 PM
It better be a W. Period. Anything less is not acceptable. This season was supposed to belong to JP. That's why we were taking the step backward. If KH doesn't win then why put him in.

ParanoidAndroid
10-07-2005, 02:22 PM
If he hits a few open receivers on 3rd down, we'll already be better off.

finsrclowns
10-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Over 100 yards passing would be a nice start. Oh, and a W. :rockon:

balls deep
10-07-2005, 03:32 PM
A dirt nap.

Novacane
10-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm not expecting much. He's been a career backup for a reason.

FlyingDutchman
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
A touchdown pass to someone else besides our back-up left tackle, and maybe a competion to a TE would be nice...

jaja54
10-07-2005, 04:04 PM
What do i expect from Holcomb? I think that the ESPN Page Two says it best

Dolphins (+3) over BILLS
Switching from J.P. Losman to Kelly Holcomb is like switching from a 2004 Mazda Miata to a 1993 Volkswagen Rabbit convertible: Different car, same effect, and your friends are still going to be horrified.

Slim
10-07-2005, 04:25 PM
What do i expect from Holcomb? I think that the ESPN Page Two says it best

Want to know what i expect from your posts? I think that your rep says it best.

Drive 4 Five
10-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Geez. Not alot of faith in Ol' Kelly huh? I think we rebound nicely, put a smacking on the fish and I am just dying tos ee how many of these pussy Dolphin fans are going to come back here after the game and admit just how stupid they really are.

As for Holcomb, I expect him to manage the game. That is all I ask. Make plays on third downs, and avoid negative plays at all costs. If he can do that and as long as our ******* coaches utilize McGahee, who has romped all over Miami's stellar defense in the past, we can get a win here. Then all the Dolphin fans who have been running their mouths can go and blow each other.

I know the Bill's defense is not as great as we all once believed, but I don't think they're as bad as some people want to make them out to be. As long as we get something going offensively, we're going to be ok, and there is no reason we can't beat the Dolphins.

Holcomb still is a relative unknown, all I know is he sure slung the ball around pretty good a few years back against the Steelers vaunted defense in that one playoff game and I think it is fair to say that he has never had the kind of backs and receivers he has here.

Let's get it on! LET'S GO BUFFALO-LET'S GO!

Luisito23
10-07-2005, 04:44 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:....

Kelly just go out there and throw for more than 100 yds, please, do it 4 da Zone doggy......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

Mahdi
10-07-2005, 05:34 PM
KH is more than capable of putting up some good numbers. He's got a good RB behind him and good receivers. If he can play well given the players he had in Cleveland, he should be able to do even more here. I see him throwing for 230 yards, 2TD, 1int, assuming he gets decent protection.

Meathead
10-08-2005, 06:07 AM
absolutely. that's more than enough to force the D to take a step back, allowing Willis to get his 90-100 yards. and no to's would make the combination deadly.

i think it's a lock he'll get 200, but i wouldn't bank on the zero to's, though. he's thrown about the same number of td's as picks so he'll probably get at least 1. hopefully he'll also get a long strike to moulds or evans, which would be devestating to the defensive game plan of the fish.

colin
10-08-2005, 11:45 AM
the TD/INT stat for QBs is misleading. what is more important is team scoring, if the QB converts hard 3rd downs and throws to get you in the red zone, and you run it in, it doesn't reflect in his passer rating but is reflective of a solid QB.

production is important, i expect us to waste far fewer first and second downs, and to score 24+ points.

we win this game and the next 2 and forget about putting JP back in

Cntrygal
10-08-2005, 01:59 PM
MAYBE we'll actually use the POWER RUNNING game plan.... and then KH can get all the credit for the win.

dominizzo
10-08-2005, 02:06 PM
if he passes for over 150 yards and has less than 3 turnovers against the orange and teal machine i will even be impressed.

FReich1393
10-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Geez. Not alot of faith in Ol' Kelly huh? I think we rebound nicely, put a smacking on the fish and I am just dying tos ee how many of these pussy Dolphin fans are going to come back here after the game and admit just how stupid they really are.

As for Holcomb, I expect him to manage the game. That is all I ask. Make plays on third downs, and avoid negative plays at all costs. If he can do that and as long as our ******* coaches utilize McGahee, who has romped all over Miami's stellar defense in the past, we can get a win here. Then all the Dolphin fans who have been running their mouths can go and blow each other.

I know the Bill's defense is not as great as we all once believed, but I don't think they're as bad as some people want to make them out to be. As long as we get something going offensively, we're going to be ok, and there is no reason we can't beat the Dolphins.

Holcomb still is a relative unknown, all I know is he sure slung the ball around pretty good a few years back against the Steelers vaunted defense in that one playoff game and I think it is fair to say that he has never had the kind of backs and receivers he has here.

Let's get it on! LET'S GO BUFFALO-LET'S GO!

Riiiiigggggghhhhhttt......last time Kelly Holcomb did anything of note was way back late in 2002, when Tim Couch went down for the Browns.....in a playoff game that Cleveland lost. Yes, he can put up some good numbers, but what does is it mean when your defense can't stop the run and the quarterback throws too many picks? A big fat "L".....man people need to start looking at the facts here.

Drive 4 Five
10-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Riiiiigggggghhhhhttt......last time Kelly Holcomb did anything of note was way back late in 2002, when Tim Couch went down for the Browns.....in a playoff game that Cleveland lost. Yes, he can put up some good numbers, but what does is it mean when your defense can't stop the run and the quarterback throws too many picks? A big fat "L".....man people need to start looking at the facts here.

Well we won this one Frankie and that is the only fact that matters!