• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Have we collectively lost our minds?

I'm disappointed, disheartened and pessmistic due to our early season performance. But I prefer rational measures to drastic ones. Several posters on this board have suggested Jimmy Johnson as a replacement for MM.

I'm not happy with MM, but JIMMY ****ING JOHNSON? Have you lost your ******* mind?

First, he hasn't coached in years. Second, the last time he coached he was a failure. And third, he runs a team full of thugs. It's not like the Bills are perfect when it comes to legal and behavioral matters, but I never recall having a Leon Lett-type habitual offender that draws national attention for his antics on our team. Those guys are typical on Johnson's team.

I don't want that hairspray-using washed up gibberish-speaking Southern ringleader of thugs coaching my football team. I'd rather have Gregg Williams back.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Have we collectively lost our minds?

Originally posted by OpIv37
    I don't want that hairspray-using washed up gibberish-speaking Southern ringleader of thugs coaching my football team.

I 2nd, 3rd. and 4th. that opinion doggy........

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Fairway
      • Jul 2002

That was EE's suggestion. You gotta understand old people don't always think straight

Comment

• CanaanVtBillsFan
        • Sep 2003

Um How BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!

I would shoot myself if the Bills hired him
        TommieBoy

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

I would personally scrub the mold off his shower shoes if he won us a Lombardi Trophy.

So would the rest of you.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

I'm not a fan, and I apologize for even having a brief moment of desperation and suggesting him. As I said, there are many more I'd prefer first.

However, I'm with Billsology, if we won the Lombardi Trophy with him, I certainly wouldn't give it back!

Jon

Comment

• slakjaw157
              • Oct 2003

I'd rather have Gregg Williams back.
              Lets not get crazy now!

I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be sir. Do you maggots understand that?

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Are we talking about Jimmy Johnson or JIM Johnson? They're two different NFL coaches. Jim Johnson has always been a coordinator.

Jimmy Johnson, well we know about him...

I think he may have meant JIM Johnson, the defensive coordinator.

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

I'm disappointed, disheartened and pessmistic due to our early season performance. But I prefer rational measures to drastic ones. Several posters on this board have suggested Jimmy Johnson as a replacement for MM.

I'm not happy with MM, but JIMMY ****ING JOHNSON? Have you lost your ******* mind?

First, he hasn't coached in years. Second, the last time he coached he was a failure. And third, he runs a team full of thugs. It's not like the Bills are perfect when it comes to legal and behavioral matters, but I never recall having a Leon Lett-type habitual offender that draws national attention for his antics on our team. Those guys are typical on Johnson's team.

I don't want that hairspray-using washed up gibberish-speaking Southern ringleader of thugs coaching my football team. I'd rather have Gregg Williams back.

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not happy with MM, but JIMMY ****ING JOHNSON? Have you lost your ******* mind?.
                    It was a BADDDD joke - he has an odd sense of hurmor.
                    Either that he was senile.

Oh and the answer to your question -
                    "Have we collectively lost our (collective) minds?" - is yes
                    Last edited by G. Host; 10-08-2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

The question isn't what your opinion of Jimmy Johnson would be if he won a Super Bowl coaching the Bills.

The question is would you want to give the dick the opportunity to begin with?

Not me.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• dominizzo
                        • Sep 2005

If you wouldn't want a proven winner like JJ to coach this struggling franchise then something is seriously wrong with you. I doubt he would be enticed to come to buffalo anyway, you jills do know that dave wannstead is available right?

RONNIE BROWN WILL RUN OVER THE NFL GO H2

Comment

• FINZ FURY
                          • Oct 2005

Actually, Wanny is busy destroting Pitt right now. As for JJ, the guy was for the most part a bum. I mean he's the one that made sure Wanny took over. Years of bad drafting with the exception of hitting the jackpot on some 2nd day picks, and he could never get the Fins anywhere. His time in Dallas was overrated, he had a mass amount of talent making it nearly impossible to fail.

Comment

• Billzz
                            • Sep 2003

Jimmy Johnson had a fabulous time with the dolphins. They lost a playoff game by what 50 points? rofl no thanks, the league tests players for coke alot more now so he can't coach like he used to.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

Have we collectively lost our minds?
                              Yes. After reading a lot of the posts this week it appears so.

It never ceases to amaze me to see how easily some people who call themselves Bills fans panic and are willing to give up on their team in the face of a little adversity--you'd think they were members of the Bills defense that gets all pumped up when they're beating up on a weaker opponent, but folds like a cheap suit when the opposition plays them tough and hits them hard.

Some of the suggestions that have been made about personnel and coaching move not only are ridiculous, but the belie a total lack of understanding of professional football and how professional football teams work. This is not fantasy football! There are real limits on what a NFL team can do in-season. And one must seriously consider the alternatives before dumping people and having to replace them: you don't want to "jump out of the frying pan and into the fire".

And, the impatience and unrealistic expectations of some posters is simply stunning. If everything fell right, the Bills had a chance to make the playoffs this season. They had little or no chance of winning the Super Bowl this year. Things have not fallen right--there have been key injuries and the entire team has not played well--and they now have a huge hole to climb out of. With a lot of determination and a little luck, they still have an outside chance to make the playoffs. While I personally doubt that everything that they will need to have happen for them to do so will happen, it is still too early to give up on them and, with the young talent that they have developing at a number of positions, it is simply unfair to write the team off as a long-term failure. Those who expected JP Losman to be the second coming of Dan Marino in his first year as a starter were ignoring history and being unrealistic in their expectations. Those who are now writing him off as a flop after four games are doing the same.

Be calm and let's see how things develop and play out over the course of the rest of this season. There's still a long way to go and a lot for the Bills' players to show about their mental, physical and psychological capabilities before their season and future can be fairly assessed.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X