PDA

View Full Version : What if. . .

TigerJ
10-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I presume most of us want the Bills to win with Kelly Holcomb starting and the Bills to make the playoffs yada yada yada, but what if they don't and the playoffs gradually slip out of reach. Do they move Losman back in the starting position? I say that is a no brainer at that point. What do you think?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

frank74
10-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I presume most of us want the Bills to win with Kelly Holcomb starting and the Bills to make the playoffs yada yada yada, but what if they don't and the playoffs gradually slip out of reach. Do they move Losman back in the starting position? I say that is a no brainer at that point. What do you think?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
here's whats happening. td is a politician and knows that he's losing support of the fans; the fans who buy seats and sell out every game. so, in order to keep the fans happy and continue to sell seats, why not start holcomb, try and get a few wins and secure his job. it's all about marketing, and believe it or not has little to do with what we (fans) deserve and thats a championship.

Mahdi
10-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I say if KH doesnt pan out this sunday....we go back to Losman vs the Jets.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-07-2005, 06:24 PM
will never win with euther of these guys at QB

BillsFever21
10-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Face it we're not gonna win more then 6 or 7 games, it doesn't matter if JP or Holcomb is playing.

We have one of the worst HC's in the league and a ton of injuries. It's not gonna happen.

slakjaw157
10-07-2005, 06:29 PM

Sure we will. Go Bills!

Mike13
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I say if KH doesnt pan out this sunday....we go back to Losman vs the Jets.
And then would you want them to go back to Holcomb, if JP continues to struggle?

YardRat
10-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Give Holcomb his shot. If he succeeds, keep playing him until he doesn't. If he sucks as bad as Losman, concede this season as a loss, put Losman back in and let him play out the string.

Tatonka
10-07-2005, 11:16 PM
i would give holcombe one game.. if they lose the game, then put jp back in and let him learn for the rest of the season.

Kerr
10-08-2005, 12:03 AM
i would give holcombe one game.. if they lose the game, then put jp back in and let him learn for the rest of the season.

I concur.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Tell me why we have the worst HC in the Leauge

BillsFan-N-AZ
10-08-2005, 12:24 AM
You know this aformentioned quote is truly by the fair weather fan. We all thought and wanted JP to be the next Ben but through 4 games it hasn't worked out, THAT SUCKS but to be that judgemental at this point is just dumb. The reality is that it was very well possible the we would take 2 steps back to go 10 forward, but now you hear fans just giving up on JP! that's pathetic! If Holocomb does good we ride it for all it's worth, if not we put JP in and take our lumps so that we can get a proper evalution. If you don't think it's going to take some time SEE Eli w/ the Gaint and what Palmer's doing with the Bengal the doormat team of the league since god knows when. This team was suppose to be predicated on the run GREAT DEFENCE and OVERPOWERING ST. We've gotten one(run) out of the 3 thus far. So for all you ready to jump ship PLEASE jump I'm just tired of seeing unloyal fly by night suppose to be fans post here.

BillsFan-N-AZ
10-08-2005, 12:25 AM
I concur.
:bf1:

Throne Logic
10-08-2005, 01:21 AM
This fan reaction was all so very predictable way back in February.

My current gripe is not with JP's play - not happy, but not surprised, either.

My issue is with Mularky's decision making in 2005. Benching JP as the starter is a mistake. May very well cost a lot of people their jobs in Buffalo. Mularky should have handed the ball to Willis 25 - 30 times in every game. Furthermore, he should have ignored the criticism and let JP fight through the problems, otherwise we'll be doing it next year, too.

Samphin1
10-08-2005, 01:29 AM
I would say you have to give him three games. If, after those three games, you have a losing record with him, at best you are 2-5, and basically done as far as playoffs go. I think once you get to that point, or even the halfway point in the season, if you have a losing record, you need to hand the reigns back over to Losman.

If the season is a wash, you need to get him as much experience as possible. This move to Holcomb shows me two things. First, Buffalo hasn't given up on the season yet. Second, Buffalo is in panic mode. If they lose on Sunday to Miami AT HOME, it could very well crush their spirits and send them into a tailspin for the rest of the season. Confidence can be shattered in both QB's and at that point, a downward spiral ensues.

Here is hoping for the latter from this fin fan. :)