• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Bledsoe already questioning Parcells

Just saw a special on the Cowboys on SportsCenter.

He was quoted as saying "the offense needs to get more proactive", to which Parcells had no comment. Then Drew clarified saying he wasn't criticizing the playcalling.

Riiiiight.

Reminds me of the Pitt game last year when he didn't listen to MM and chose the wrong end of the field.

Some other highlights:

1. 2TDs/2INTs the last two games. Started the first two games with 4TDs/0INTs.
    2. Completion % rate from games 1-4: 75, 58, 63, 42. Avg: 59%
    3. Sacked 10 times this season, on pace for 40 for the year.

Some things never change. He starts out strong and fades quickly. I predict he gets pulled by Game 9.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Bledsoe already questioning Parcells

I'm extremely shocked to hear this.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
      I'm extremely shocked to hear this.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

What else is new? The sky is blue? Grass is green? Drew is a turd?

Comment

• BSXIII
          Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
          • Apr 2004

Yea, and we're so much better without him. We really improved the QB situation in the offseason.

I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

we are no worse without him even still.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BSXIII
              • Apr 2004

Yea sure, we really pulled one over Parcells and the rest of the league when we signed Kelly Holcomb. He was certainly the most sought after FA QB this past offseason.
              I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Well we are actually better thus far. Well, I retract that, our record is better than last years at the same time.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                  • Mar 2004

with drew we'd b 2-2 i bet

Comment

• BSXIII
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Well we are actually better thus far. Well, I retract that, our record is better than last years at the same time.

Haha, the key is the record being better. Last year we were 0-4 but showed some good signs in those games. The team had confidence and turned things around the best they could. This year the team is one step away from a mutiny....
                    I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BSXIII
                      Yea, and we're so much better without him. We really improved the QB situation in the offseason.

And when Drew gets benched after he throws 10 more INTs, gets sacked 20 more times and they are sitting at 3-6? Still think we made a mistake dumping his $8M+ per year payroll?

Regardless of our current record or performance, this team was instantly better the moment he was canned. Bottom line is this team is not a good one and it needs more than a QB to get better. It has to start with the GM and work its way down from there. Cutting Drew was the first step in the right direction...no more false hopes...no more wasted millions...no more postponing the future.

Comment

• BSXIII
                        • Apr 2004

Right we are better by cutting a 4 time pro bowler and replacing him with someone who can't even throw the ball near his receivers. The players on the team feel Losman is hopeless, but what do they know? They've only been playing football their entire lives and made it to the NFL. The Amigos ovsiously know far more about football than they could ever hope to.

This team is a mess and it's obvious Bledsoe was not the problem. As long as he's still the scapegoat, TD will remain the GM and this team will be hopeless. Look at the 2002 team when Bledsoe supposedly choked in the 2nd half. He had a great supporting cast that year. Jay Reimersma, went to Pittsburgh and was never heard from again. Larry Centers went to NE and started 3 games, then never played again. Pro Bowl snub Pierless Price went to Atlanta and was cut, now isn't even dressing for Dallas. The star of the team Travis Henry, he was a backup in Tennesse before failing his drug test. As for the O-Line that year, they are really tearing it up on different teams. So from that great offense in 2002, who is still helping teams win games? Maybe Moulds by getting Losman benched, but that remains to be seen. God knows he hasn't done anything on the field.

But anyhow, keep blaming Bledsoe for this teams failures. Drink the kool-aid you tell everyone else not to drink. Bledsoe having a good season = bad for the front office = good for the future of the Bills. Not very hard to see.
                        I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Some other highlights:

Right. And I suppose the reason Drew's performance is sliding is not because of Dallas' oline, WRs, RBs, etc, etc. He is not the problem. He is a 4 time pro bowler, so he can't be the problem.

Whatever.

Comment

• BSXIII
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                            Just saw a special on the Cowboys on SportsCenter.

He was quoted as saying "the offense needs to get more proactive", to which Parcells had no comment. Then Drew clarified saying he wasn't criticizing the playcalling.

Riiiiight.

Reminds me of the Pitt game last year when he didn't listen to MM and chose the wrong end of the field.

Some other highlights:

Some things never change. He starts out strong and fades quickly. I predict he gets pulled by Game 9.
                            Looks like he was right, and apparently Parcells agreed with him. They were more proactive today and lit up the NFC champion's defense. The passed on practically every play in the first half and got 3 quick TD's. Unlike this team, the Cowboys showed the ability to address a problem and adjust.
                            I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

wELL SEE HOW THE COWBOYS PLAY THE REST OF THE YEAR. DREW IS A CHOKER AND MESSES THINGS UP JUST BY BEING THERE, ALWAYS DID. Just when you need him, he is useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X