PDA

View Full Version : Bet the Farm on the Bills

juice
10-07-2005, 10:03 PM
So I think Holcomb will do well on Sunday.. as a matter of fact I think we win the next 3, very winable games and go into the Pats game with a 4-3 record.

Kelly will manage a win this week by sticking to the basics, high % passes with Willis getting involved with screens and willis with at least 25 carries.. this staff realizes they are under alot of heat, from Ralph on down to the season ticket holder, to put a quality product on the field - lack of production this week will force them into rebuilding mode and a decision would have to be made as to when does losman start.

If you think Mularky didn't want to answer the question of who his starter is this week, you can imagine the kinda' pressure he'll be under next week if we lose to the Phins.

I say Bills 24-17
Willis has 130yds and 25+ carries
Kelly has 200yds and a high %

Defense holds Brown under 100yds
Secondary multiple INTs/Nate gets 1

McGee gets his 1st TD

Anyone else think the Bills can get a Win this wk at home against their biggest Rival, with a new starting QB.. You'd might as well bet the Farm on it, because if we lose we might as well start Losman and call Drew Rosenhaus to find out what Willis wants to come back - Season Over

Novacane
10-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I think they can win too but I would'nt bet $20 bucks on them much less the farm

MDFINFAN
10-07-2005, 10:23 PM
good post, what I'm scared about is the vet's saying their 100% behind the QB switch, which means to me they will play extra hard thinking they have a chance to win with a vet at QB.. Dam it, Dam it, Dam it.

Kerr
10-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Me too. I hope Holcomb has a shootout performance like the ones he had with cleveland.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I was able to read up on Holcombs career
the dude does throw lots of INT's, but has had a couple great games
I'm totally for the more experienced player right now
the crap will get real deep if we lose
bickering Bills finger pointing name calling you name it
If we can't squish the fish for the Thurm then something is wrong
Willis I'd be safe to say will play his nuts off because he has something to show to Thurman
make Willis earn his dough run the ball it's what he wants
if he can't hang give it to Williams, or Burns use the fullbacks more
Whatever works we need a big run game then work out the kinks with huge games from our hungry recievers
The WR's will do anything I feel to make Holcomb look good if it means they'll get the more accurate throws
The stats are embarrassing you can't tell me players don't live off that stuff
The coaching staff needs to be perfect and play call like many of us arm chairs would no bone head plays or calls

Most importantly how many more sold out games do we have on schedule at the Ralph?
You know when were losing the fans rather get drunk at home and without the 12th man I don't know

Man I hate the Dolphins just as much as the Cowboys

tampabay25690
10-08-2005, 12:51 AM
So I think Holcomb will do well on Sunday.. as a matter of fact I think we win the next 3, very winable games and go into the Pats game with a 4-3 record.

Kelly will manage a win this week by sticking to the basics, high % passes with Willis getting involved with screens and willis with at least 25 carries.. this staff realizes they are under alot of heat, from Ralph on down to the season ticket holder, to put a quality product on the field - lack of production this week will force them into rebuilding mode and a decision would have to be made as to when does losman start.

If you think Mularky didn't want to answer the question of who his starter is this week, you can imagine the kinda' pressure he'll be under next week if we lose to the Phins.

I say Bills 24-17

McGee gets his 1st TD

Anyone else think the Bills can get a Win this wk at home against their biggest Rival, with a new starting QB.. You'd might as well bet the Farm on it, because if we lose we might as well start Losman and call Drew Rosenhaus to find out what Willis wants to come back - Season Over

I have been handicapping this week in COllege and NFL all week......

I like the Bills as a game in my top 5 reason why.....ThE SPREAD, all you have heard for the last 2 weeks how horrible the Bills have looked and they have an average of 12 points per game.....So why are the Bills -3 on Sunday, especially after the Dolphins are coming off a bye........Well the Phins are 1-8 on the road in the last 9 games that is 1 reason yea the 12th man at the Ralph is another......I think the bills will put up over 24 this week and the Bills will win by at least 10......Thats the way I look at the game as of right now.......SO lay the 3 and bet the bills this week...

FinNasty23
10-08-2005, 02:55 AM
I say Bills 24-17

You really think Willis has 130 yrds? wow... a pretty bold statement. The Fins run D has been steller to this point. I believe that stopping Willis will be the D's main goal. I would expect alot of 8 man fronts with lots of run blitzes... I think that they want Holcomb to beat them... not Willis. If Holcomb can get going... we are in trouble because our secondary is weak. The Fins should try to send extreme amounts of pressure to prevent Holcomb from ever gaining any rythem while not giving Willis any room to run... That I believe is the key to the Fins walkin out with the W...

Nasty

Meathead
10-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Yes, I see the Bills winning rather comfortably, probably by 10 points.

Not because Holcomb is any kind of savior, because he isn't. What he will do is put more pressure on the Fish's offense. As it is now, opposing offenses can play it safe because they're not scared of a point outburst from a JP-led offense. Lots of runs and short passes that don't tear the field up but are very safe, as evidenced by the very few turnovers produced by the Bills defense the last three weeks.

Holcomb is definitely a much bigger threat at this time to find Moulds or Evans for a quick six. The opposing offense knows this and thus is exposed by remaining very conservative. They know they can't afford that and thus will try to expand the field by taking chances with longer and wider routes. This should play into the strength of the Bills D, their defensive backs. Even just a single pick could have changed the outcome of any of the three previous games, and the Bills should have more opportunities there than they've had in the past with Holcomb as the starter the entire game.

However, the biggest reason I see the Bills winning relatively decisively is because they need the game a hell of a lot more than the Fish. Even with a loss the Fins are still in first place. But a loss by the Bills comes close to dooming their entire season. Anytime you see this situation in the NFL it usually comes out in favor of the team that has more to lose.

Bills 27-17

colin
10-08-2005, 10:14 AM
we are gonna win because losman can't give the game away from the bench.

DMBcrew36
10-08-2005, 10:29 AM
:rolleyes:

feelthepain
10-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Yes, I see the Bills winning rather comfortably, probably by 10 points.

Not because Holcomb is any kind of savior, because he isn't. What he will do is put more pressure on the Fish's offense. As it is now, opposing offenses can play it safe because they're not scared of a point outburst from a JP-led offense. Lots of runs and short passes that don't tear the field up but are very safe, as evidenced by the very few turnovers produced by the Bills defense the last three weeks.

Holcomb is definitely a much bigger threat at this time to find Moulds or Evans for a quick six. The opposing offense knows this and thus is exposed by remaining very conservative. They know they can't afford that and thus will try to expand the field by taking chances with longer and wider routes. This should play into the strength of the Bills D, their defensive backs. Even just a single pick could have changed the outcome of any of the three previous games, and the Bills should have more opportunities there than they've had in the past with Holcomb as the starter the entire game.

However, the biggest reason I see the Bills winning relatively decisively is because they need the game a hell of a lot more than the Fish. Even with a loss the Fins are still in first place. But a loss by the Bills comes close to dooming their entire season. Anytime you see this situation in the NFL it usually comes out in favor of the team that has more to lose.

Bills 27-17

Four games is not enough to figure out a pattern on any team, didn't your Bills loose your first four last year before you went on a tear?? You need to look at the big picture here, your D cant stop anybody from running the ball, and that was even before Spikes went down. Your Oline is not playing lights out and QB is tough to get into a rythm if you can't score points. Every time the O steps on the field and walks off on fourth and long or field goal after field goal that takes it's toll on moral.

Now does this mean Miami wins?? No way, but with the confidence Miami has and the coaching, the adjustments, and the need to prove to everyone last year was fluke makes the task for the Bills a daunting one to say the least. If the Bills were playing like they did last year right now, I'd be very worried about this game. However thats not the case, you still have "any given Sunday" to place your hopes on, but thats about the most you can hope for IMO.

I'm not being arrogant, just look at last season...when the fins were 0-4 and coming into Buffalo did you think the fins had much of a chance?? Even though niether team was playing lights out it was clear without Ricky and the poor coaching you had a win in the Miami game.

DaBills
10-08-2005, 10:35 AM
"Kelly will manage a win this week by sticking to the basics, high % passes with Willis getting involved with screens and willis with at least 25 carries."

Then why aren't they doing it now? You don't need a change at QB to impliment that gameplan, and it's a gameplan I agree with. They have JP going deep and not sticking to basics, so why put Holcomb in to do that?

No, if Holcomb is SO accurate and a better choice, then he needs to go in and make those same deep attempts. That's what everyone is *****ing about with JP. Don't have him come in and throw screens and play a safe game, because that's what they should've had JP doing all along.

JD
10-08-2005, 10:37 AM
:comedy:

JD
10-08-2005, 10:38 AM
"Kelly will manage a win this week by sticking to the basics, high % passes with Willis getting involved with screens and willis with at least 25 carries."

Then why aren't they doing it now? You don't need a change at QB to impliment that gameplan, and it's a gameplan I agree with. They have JP going deep and not sticking to basics, so why put Holcomb in to do that?

No, if Holcomb is SO accurate and a better choice, then he needs to go in and make those same deep attempts. That's what everyone is *****ing about with JP. Don't have him come in and throw screens and play a safe game, because that's what they should've had JP doing all along.
Very good post! :posrep:

DaBills
10-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Four games is not enough to figure out a pattern on any team, didn't your Bills loose your fir...much of a chance?? Even though niether team was playing lights out it was clear without Ricky and the poor coaching you had a win in the Miami game.
:beer:

BTW, the No-Name D wants to thank you for getting the loss out of the way early in the season. They're getting older and the stress is getting to be too much.

But then there's always December in Miami.

FINZ FURY
10-08-2005, 11:32 AM

How do you figure the stats will look like that? Dolphins are allowing just 2.8 yards per rush and the Bills oline isnt exactly impressive. The same goes for their run defense. How is losing Edwards going to help improve that?

FReich1393
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
some people are still taking the Dolphins for granted and I'm tellin' you, you're gonna be dissappointed come Monday. The Miami defense is not going to allow McGahee to run all over them like last year, especially with one of the elite run stopping units in the NFL. Not to mention, that Jason Taylor and the rest of his cohorts are going to have a field day on our offensive line, that is being kept together with scotch tape and chewed gum. This is going to force Kelly Holcomb to beat the Dolphins, and by the way.....this quarterback switch is like trading in your 1992 Toyota Paseo for a 1979 Ford Pinto......you get the same reaction from your friends.....pointing and laughing.....

footballhottie
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm screwed if we lose.

dominizzo
10-08-2005, 01:42 PM
if you bet the farm on tomorrows game won't a lot of fans in buffalo be out of a place to live?:pimped:

DynaPaul
10-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm screwed if we lose.

Who's the lucky guy?

footballhottie
10-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Who's the lucky guy? i have to take a pic of me in a fin jersey....only a fin jersey.

DynaPaul
10-09-2005, 10:51 AM
i have to take a pic of me in a fin jersey....only a fin jersey.

I lost a bet like that once. It was after the first Bills-Cowboys Super Bowl. I had to wear a Cowboy shirt all day.

BillsFever21
10-09-2005, 11:34 AM
I hope it's a toy farm you're betting with.

juice
10-09-2005, 04:48 PM

I say Bills 24-17

McGee gets his 1st TD

Anyone else think the Bills can get a Win this wk at home against their biggest Rival, with a new starting QB.. You'd might as well bet the Farm on it, because if we lose we might as well start Losman and call Drew Rosenhaus to find out what Willis wants to come back - Season Over[FOR SALE] *Prime Farmland*

Final Score Bills 20-14 close call on that one.

Huge win for the Bills Offensive and Defensive.

Offense- Holcomb provided exactly what this unit needed, ability to move the chains and high % passes with key conversions.. this allowed the Run game to become a major factor - Willis has his burst of speed back and looks to be 100%.

Defense- Held someone under 100 yds on the year and provided pressure on the QB, Schobel is still MISSING In Action but Anderson & Kelsay stepped up the pressure. Pass D looked solid all around and they finally created some much needed turnovers- 3 picks and a couple FF is just what was needed to create a spark for the offense.

Kelly 170yds with a high % was a close call
Willis would've had his 120 yds if Reed idn't pick up the holding call and had 31 touches.
Defense held the Rook under 100 yds
Defense had multiple Picks/Nate 1

Mcgee didn't get his TD but had key KO returns & played solid at CB.

Huge Win in the AFCE for the Bills and gives us a performance to build on going into the Jets game.. The Defense played like a Top 10 Defense and the Offense was able to impose its will on MIA Defense.

Lets see if we can win our next 2 games (Jets/Raiders) and get to 4-3.

juice
10-14-2005, 08:17 AM
I hope it's a toy farm you're betting with.Feve` of little faith.. are you a Bills fan first or just a disgruntled member of the JPD hoping for the offense to struggle?

Bills fans lets see if we can go 2-0 to continue our current win streak and inch closer to the AFCE lead.

KH will continue his high efficency in the pass game and with a full week of practice with the starters open up the deep game a little more with a couple of shots to Evans and Moulds - if Roscoe plays as expected look for him to inject a shot of speed and energy to a receiving unit that took a positive step against the Phins last week. J. Reed feels the pressure from a near healthy Parrish and comes up with some key receptions and the TE position finally becomes a factor as Kelly checks off to second and third options.

Defense finally gets over the TKO-Less hangover and begins to prove that they aren't the worst run defense in the League by holding a hobbled Jets run game below the century mark making the old man Martin look his age along with the senior citizen Vinny who will find it difficult to avoid the Bills pass rushers and Blitz schemes. Vinny either takes multiple sacks or rushes his passes and throws multiple picks.. Schobel reappears and gets pressure on the NY QB with at least 1 sack and you have to go with Nate picking off Vinny at least once.

I say Bills 24-10 in a statement game
Willis gets his 120yds against former 'Cane teamate Vilma
Kelly 250 yds passing w/2TDs & a pick possibly looking to stretch the Jet Defense

Defense holds CMart < 100yds for 2nd Wk in a Row
Multiple picks on Vinny and Multiple sacks

McGee huge effort at CB and standout on ST as usual

Roscoe makes presence felt on punt returns

Most importantly to all aspects of the game MW/CV return to solidify the Lineplay and allows the offense to control the ball with Willis and keeps the Bills D off the field.

Lets keep the win streak going and JP off the field, for now, until he can make a smooth transition into the starters role.

NE takes a Loss this week along with the Phins to give the Bills command in the East.

juice
10-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Feve` of little faith.. are you a Bills fan first or just a disgruntled member of the JPD hoping for the offense to struggle?

Bills fans lets see if we can go 2-0 to continue our current win streak and inch closer to the AFCE lead.

KH will continue his high efficency in the pass game and with a full week of practice with the starters open up the deep game a little more with a couple of shots to Evans and Moulds - if Roscoe plays as expected look for him to inject a shot of speed and energy to a receiving unit that took a positive step against the Phins last week. J. Reed feels the pressure from a near healthy Parrish and comes up with some key receptions and the TE position finally becomes a factor as Kelly checks off to second and third options.

Defense finally gets over the TKO-Less hangover and begins to prove that they aren't the worst run defense in the League by holding a hobbled Jets run game below the century mark making the old man Martin look his age along with the senior citizen Vinny who will find it difficult to avoid the Bills pass rushers and Blitz schemes. Vinny either takes multiple sacks or rushes his passes and throws multiple picks.. Schobel reappears and gets pressure on the NY QB with at least 1 sack and you have to go with Nate picking off Vinny at least once.

I say Bills 24-10 in a statement game
Willis gets his 120yds against former 'Cane teamate Vilma
Kelly 250 yds passing w/2TDs & a pick possibly looking to stretch the Jet Defense

Defense holds CMart < 100yds for 2nd Wk in a Row
Multiple picks on Vinny and Multiple sacks

McGee huge effort at CB and standout on ST as usual

Roscoe makes presence felt on punt returns

Most importantly to all aspects of the game MW/CV return to solidify the Lineplay and allows the offense to control the ball with Willis and keeps the Bills D off the field.

Lets keep the win streak going and JP off the field, for now, until he can make a smooth transition into the starters role.

NE takes a Loss this week along with the Phins to give the Bills command in the East.Wow.. another inspired effort from the Bills and KH is Mr. Clutch with that late pass to get his TE involved.

I'm gonna nail that final score next week, 24-10 wasn't a bad call.. who knew the Old Man would get a new 'Script for Viagra?

Parrish didn't play but he should be 100% with a full week of practice just in time for the Raiders when we try to move to 4-3, I'm calling it here first, Bills win on the West Coast next wk.. well I called 4-3 in the origonal post so I'm betting the farm on the Bills again next week.

KH 19-26 almost perfect besides the 2 picks but he only got sacked once by a fierce Jets pass rush.. didn't open up deep really but he was putting the ball where it could be caught and run for YAC.. just as good as a long pass is a short pass and long run, but none more important than his 1st TD to Fast Freddie- what a check down what is Freddie like the 3rd option? KH got the TE involved late for a big conversion and J. Reed had a nice catch & run.

I was totally wrong about the Run "D".. "We are the weakest link" or at least the worst Run Defense as C-Mart broke-out for damn near ABUCKFITTY, We have to currect that or we will be in a world of hurt against Dillon & the Pats after by-Wk.

Multiple Picks on Vinny & Multiple Sacks, I guess I'll have to call the # next week as we got to Vinny about 4X and 2 Ints, one of which further displayed the Mighty McGee as he Dipped and Dodged only to be negated by a flag.. McGee is as dangerous in the open field as there is in the League.

MW and CV came back and solidified the unit and even raised the level of play of the Left side which is where `Illis got most of his yards.. MG and BA played their best game as well as the entire unit. Only 1 sack and WM drug Vilma all over the field.

NE got their Butts kicked and even the Phins took a "L" as the Bills move into 1st in the East.. that is huge.. It's been about HalfADecade since anyone besides th Patsies have been in 1st in the best Division in the NFL. LIFE IS GOOD

JP WATCH: JP's hair looked to Great the entire game.

Question: Nate VS Moss.. Clash of the Titans? Can the Best CB in the NFL lock down the best WR in the League and how many Pass Interference calls will the Bills get on the West Coast?:penalty:

YardRat
10-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Question: Nate VS Moss.. Clash of the Titans? Can the Best CB in the NFL lock down the best WR in the League and how many Pass Interference calls will the Bills get on the West Coast?:penalty:

I thought Moss was out for this game?

juice
10-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Your right Yard.. I posted before the severity of his injury was disclosed - I hoped to see Nate lock down on Moss and prove he's the League's #1 CB.

Predictions remain the same except Nate gets 2 Picks and runs 1 back for a TD.