PDA

View Full Version : Sabres lookin sharp...

elltrain22
10-07-2005, 10:34 PM
With the Bills season going south, its good to see the Sabres are overachieving so far this year. A couple things I have noticed thus far this season. First, Maxim Afinogenov really looks like he has gotten faster, and is going to possibly be an all star quality player. If Drury & Briere can stay healthy, thats some good scoring punch. Then guys like Kotalik, Dumont, & Connely have all been solid on both sides offensively & defensivley. Our defensemen are above average, but they have made me worry some this year, and I think if we can, we should upgrade that position at some point within the year. It should also be said that rookie Thomas Vanek has been everything as advertised thus far. And last, but not least, Ryan Frikken' Miller. Boy has been damn solid especially tonight in the 3rd period making saves left and right. If he pans out, seeing as we just traded for Michael Leighton (solid backup), can we trade Biron and get some much needed help w/ our defense???

PUCKER
10-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Great post! :up: I think theyre going to try and trade Mika instead,seeing as he didnt get much ice time in the pre-season,but I hope Miller continues to do well. He came up big tonight when it was 2-1. Some nice saves! :up:

Turf
10-08-2005, 12:03 AM
In the limited time I've seen Vanek, I see one of the best, smartest players who will be a cornerstone to a franchise in the NHL in the very near and far future. It's unusual to see that type of ice presence and composure for someone his age.