PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to see our starting lineup next fall?

WG
01-09-2003, 09:29 AM
I'd like to see Williams make the change over to LT as they were talking about and put Jennings back on the right side where he improved significantly towards the end of the season. The OL should be solid no matter what however.

How 'bout the D?

DL?

LBs?

Thoughts?

Pride
01-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Head Coach - GW (unfortunately)
OC - Anyone but Gilbride, but it wont happen this year
DC - Labeau #1, Gray #2

WR - Moulds
LT - Jennings
G - Brown
C - Teague
G - Sullivan
RT - Williams (takes over at LT 2004 after learning new system under new OL coach)
TE - Moore
WR - Free Agent
WR - Reed (takes #2 in after week 8)
QB - Bledsoe
RB - Henry
FB - Crosby (Centers on 3rd down)

DE - Schoebel
DT - Williams
DT - Stud Free Agent
DE - Free Agent/Jones/Ahanotu
OLB - Newman
MLB - Fletcher (Spoon in case of 2 MLB situations)
OLB - Stud Free Agent
CB - Clements
SS - Wire
FS - Prioleau
CB - Winfield
CB (nickel) - Thomas
CB (dime) - Watson (restructured contract)

Don Cherry
01-09-2003, 11:04 AM
No rookies make the line up?

ArcticWildMan
01-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Not bad Pride! :up:

I'll be surprised if Newman stays however. I don't think he's too happy here and he'll probably bolt to the Jets or Atlanta.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 11:15 AM
I like your assesment Pride and that is probably going to be pretty much dead on!

Pride
01-09-2003, 11:22 AM
I hesitate to put a rookie into a spot, since it is so wide open what we will have avaialble in the middle second round. Could be a DL, DE, OLB, FS, SS, WR... I bet we go for the best defensive player on the board, regardless of position (with the exception of CB)

Pride
01-09-2003, 11:24 AM
I think Newman stays if Lebeau is DC. He could potentially be the next spikes in his system.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Isn't spikes a middle linebacker?

TypicalBill
01-09-2003, 12:26 PM
i agree on everything except i think newman is gone and our dime conerback is either gonna be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick or bostic (who was doing well before the injury). Watson is definately a goner.

Pride
01-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Spikes was an OLB if I am not mistaken, we wouldnt be talking about replacing fletcher in his first year.

TypicalBill
01-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Isn't spikes a middle linebacker?

no THURM, he's an OLB

WG
01-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Other than the typical mgt. errors why wouldn't Cincy tag Spikes?

He's worth the top 5 salary at OLB.

Pride
01-09-2003, 01:06 PM
nobody's debating that Wys... unless I missed something.

John from Hemet
01-09-2003, 02:22 PM
A couple of things....

- I dont see Moulds in your lineup
- Would like to get your thoughts on who those FA's ? should be filled with....
- I think that Watson should be sent packing immediately....both Thomas and Brooks clearly outplayed him....

NC-BILLS44
01-09-2003, 03:04 PM
John,

Moulds was the first player listed. Boy, it would have been a huge mistake to forget Eric.

Bulldog
01-09-2003, 03:38 PM
How do you see the defensive side of the ball if Buffalo goes with Lebeau(speculation) and switches to a 3-4 alignment?

EDS
01-09-2003, 03:59 PM
I agree with most everyone here that the defense holes should be filled via FA, rather than the draft. Realistically, the best chance for a rookie to make an impact on our D next year is at linebacker, someone who could add speed to the unit. The areas where I think the draft may help us the most is either WR or TE (obviously WR only if PP is not resigned). TE I am thinking we need better athleticism to improve our redzone offense. I am thinking Teyo Johnson from Stanford - 6'7" and a BBaller. I realize he would need a ton of work on blocking, as I believe he is a WR at Stanford, but a nice fade pass into the endzone ala Shockey could do wonders for our redzone proficiency.

My first post, so be nice.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Horrible post EDS!!!

Just jokin man. Not a bad Idea!!!

Dozerdog
01-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the boards, EDS!

great to have another participant.

Good ideas EDS, but don't discount a rookie 2nd rd DE/DL man either. I like that kid from Stanford, too!

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Here is how I would like to see our lineup

QB- Vick
RB- Holmes
Wr-Owens
Wr-Harrison
Wr-Moss
TE-Gonzales
RT-Ogden
RG-Faneca
C-Kruetz
LG-Shields
LT- Pace

RE- Rice
RT-Sapp
LT-Seymour
LE-Strahan

LB- R. lewis
LB- Urlacher
LB- D Brooks

CB- C. Bailey
CB- Clements

FS-Woodson
ss- Lynch

K-Elam
P- Saurbran

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't think even Wys would complain about that team!!!

Tatonka
01-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by EDS
I agree with most everyone here that the defense holes should be filled via FA, rather than the draft. Realistically, the best chance for a rookie to make an impact on our D next year is at linebacker, someone who could add speed to the unit. The areas where I think the draft may help us the most is either WR or TE (obviously WR only if PP is not resigned). TE I am thinking we need better athleticism to improve our redzone offense. I am thinking Teyo Johnson from Stanford - 6'7" and a BBaller. I realize he would need a ton of work on blocking, as I believe he is a WR at Stanford, but a nice fade pass into the endzone ala Shockey could do wonders for our redzone proficiency.

Teyo Johnson is a TE.. he just played slot alot.. but he is definately a TE, and was listed as such while there.. he is the best prospect in the entire draft at TE.. that kid has the ability of gonzo easy. he is a bit of a project though for sure.. i agree whole heartedly though that it would be a great pick to grab him.. he is a potential 2-3rd rounder.. if we could grab him in the third it would be nice.

good call and welcome to the boards

Tatonka
01-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I think Newman stays if Lebeau is DC. He could potentially be the next spikes in his system.

i would like to see spikes be the next spikes in his system.. here.:idea:

Tatonka
01-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
How do you see the defensive side of the ball if Buffalo goes with Lebeau(speculation) and switches to a 3-4 alignment?

i tell you what.. switching to a 3-4 would be such a good idea for us.. we would have spoon at our disposal, but i think one of the most valuable free agents out there this year is CHRIS CLAIBORNE!... so now we dont need to sign a big name DT.. we spend that money on Claiborne. this kid is a beast and is just touching on the tip of the iceburg as far as ability. he was a standout on detriots defense (if there was such a thing as a stand out on that d..lol) my dream would be spikes and claiborne next to fletcher and newman.

aw hell.. ok.. here is my lineup.

qb- drew
rb - henry
fb - centers
wr - moulds
wr - reed
wr - dyson
te - teyo johnson (passing), moore (blocker)
lt - big mike (he gets paid too much to stay at RT)
lg - brown
c - teague
rg - sullivan
rt - jennings

Defense - Lebeau comes in as the DC, and switches us to a 3-4

lde - shobel
nt - williams (he has experience playing this position from wades time here
rde - jones/chiti chiti bang bang
lolb - newman
lilb - fletcher
rilb - claiborne
rolb - spikes
cb - watson.. rofl.. jk, wini
cb - clements
fs - peirson (only cuz i cant think of anyone better right now)
ss - wire

you can scatter in our other prized rookies.. like maybe an impact DE, WR, CB, and OL, or LB depth..

SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER TO ME! :phew:

Cntrygal
01-10-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by EDS

Welcome!!! :)