PDA

View Full Version : Another report on Lebeau in Buffalo

Jeff1220
01-09-2003, 09:52 AM
From the Bills page on espn.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf

"Look for (former Bengals head coach) Dick LeBeau to wind up as the defensive coordinator with the Bills. Tom Donahoe (Bills president and general manager) has so much respect for LeBeau. And it seems like (current coordinator) Jerry Gray has been in trouble most of the year. The way I hear it, Gray can stay, if he wants. But if LeBeau goes to Buffalo, he'll be calling the defensive shots."

SABURZFAN
01-09-2003, 10:06 AM
let's end this speculation and get him in here.

Earthquake Enyart
01-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Let's keep the speculation going so we have something to talk about.

casdhf
01-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Yes, lets bring in the coach of the worst team in the league. Sounds like a definate plan to me.

Tatonka
01-09-2003, 01:48 PM
cincy did not have a bad defense.. and only had one playmaker on it.

Buffarama
01-09-2003, 01:48 PM
He's a good DC much like Phillips was a poor head coach and great DC.
Besides, no one wants to be in Cincinatti, players or coaches. No one can win there with that management.

TedMock
01-09-2003, 01:52 PM
He's actually a good defensive coach. Not all good coordinators are good head coaches. Some guys are just better x's and o's guys..ie. Norv Turner, Wade Philips. LeBeau was the cincy DC from 1984 to 1991 when they were actually a respectable playoff team. He also coached in Pittsburgh from 92-96 (95-96 DC) which was a time that their defense was awesome. I think he's got the defensive qualifications. It can't hurt.

JayWood
01-09-2003, 07:14 PM
I agree, we cannot discredit someone because they were not a great head coach. some guys are better OC or DC. Like Jim Rome said today, you put coughlin, parcells, knoll, lombardi, walsh all in Cincy together and they still would be a bad team. End the speculation and lets get the guy in here now!!