• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Jerry Sullivan Tells it Like it is...

Bills' switch of quarterbacks raises bar on season

Sullivan is spot on with that article.

It's now time to produce or reduce for theses so called "veterans". I think the problem with the Bills over the past 5 seasons is the piss poor leadership of the veterans. That has certainly come to light this past week.

Losman is the future leader of the Bills. He'll be leading the leadable. Unfortunately... that's gonna require a house cleaning from what I've seen this week.

GO BILLS!
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Jerry Sullivan Tells it Like it is...

Originally posted by draz54
    Bills' switch of quarterbacks raises bar on season

Sullivan is spot on with that article.

It's now time to produce or reduce for theses so called "veterans". I think the problem with the Bills over the past 5 seasons is the piss poor leadership of the veterans. That has certainly come to light this past week.

Losman is the future leader of the Bills. He'll be leading the leadable. Unfortunately... that's gonna require a house cleaning from what I've seen this week.

GO BILLS!
    A-Frikkin-MEN!!! This is EXACTLY what I said a few days ago.

I really wish it was possible for the Bills players and team mates to have the leadership to stand behind their young QB but they didnt.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Jerry Sullivan is a dick.

He's the Chuck Dickerson of the print media in WNY.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
        Jerry Sullivan is a dick.

He's the Chuck Dickerson of the print media in WNY.
        maybe sometimes...but he was right on with this article, I thought
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• kinigirly
          • Sep 2005

That is one of the best articles I have ever read at the best possible time. Its like every thought I've had for the past month is on his paper. Can we pay him to print that again tomorrow??

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

The team is panicking, not the fans. The organization isn't willing to be patient, and I suspect it goes right to the top, to owner Ralph Wilson. He's old, but he's not blind. This team isn't performing as he anticipated, and he must be wondering if the emperor GM has any clothes.

He was pretty dead on in the article except for the above quote. Who says the fans aren't panicking? I know I'm pretty pissed off. We've been hearing all off season how this is the year, JPs gonna be like Big Ben, the defense is more powerful, blah blah blah... Then we start off 1 -3. I could have accepted just letting JP have a year to develop but instead Donahoe acts like he's got it all figured out and we're going to be this big powerhouse team.
            Last edited by DynaPaul; 10-10-2005, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

He was right on with this one.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Excellent Article!

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

i think sullivan is a clown.

he makes these strange soft mushy statements about the bar being raised on the season and so on. he just doesn't understand the game well enough to talk about what is going on on the field, so he makes these handwaving emotional statements that you can't really say are true or untrue.

as far as raising the bar on the season, FU@C@K@ING EH! we should have that damn bar up high every time we suit up. we have people who can play and tanking the season in the hopes that JP will develope is ******ed.

JP is NOT carson palmer or Eli manning. he is the 4th QB taken in a draft. he isn't as good as the guys above him. the biggest thing about him was that he was 2 OR 3 YEARS FROM STARTING WHEN HE CAME OUT! JP isn't ready, and pretending he is Eli or Carson and will just get better quickly is garbage. he isn't ready, isn't getting better, and is costing us games (we'd have 1 or 2 more wins if holcomb was playing the whole time) in the process.

there a VERY GOOD chance that JP is a bust, and if he isn't then he will certainy be able to show SOMETHING that will make the team believe he can win games for us.

he absolutely had no business starting at all and this coaching move is the right thing, just later than it should have been.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

That article is 100% correct. The jig is now up. Win or be prepared to answer for the mistakes made.

Comment

• Billzz
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by colin
                      i think sullivan is a clown.

he makes these strange soft mushy statements about the bar being raised on the season and so on. he just doesn't understand the game well enough to talk about what is going on on the field, so he makes these handwaving emotional statements that you can't really say are true or untrue.

as far as raising the bar on the season, FU@C@K@ING EH! we should have that damn bar up high every time we suit up. we have people who can play and tanking the season in the hopes that JP will develope is ******ed.

JP is NOT carson palmer or Eli manning. he is the 4th QB taken in a draft. he isn't as good as the guys above him. the biggest thing about him was that he was 2 OR 3 YEARS FROM STARTING WHEN HE CAME OUT! JP isn't ready, and pretending he is Eli or Carson and will just get better quickly is garbage. he isn't ready, isn't getting better, and is costing us games (we'd have 1 or 2 more wins if holcomb was playing the whole time) in the process.

there a VERY GOOD chance that JP is a bust, and if he isn't then he will certainy be able to show SOMETHING that will make the team believe he can win games for us.

he absolutely had no business starting at all and this coaching move is the right thing, just later than it should have been.
                      Until he has the time that these guys have under their belt you can't assume anything. He played well against a crappy Houston team which is a given. He has ALL the tools besides experience, period, that we know of right now.

Is he incapabale of relaxing in the pocket and being able to make reads? Dunno he hasn't played enough. Can he slow down and be able to make some passes besides firing a bullet at everyone and gain some touch plus hit the long ball? Dunno he hasn't played enough.

All I am saying is that the intangibles are there, he just needs a break atm which is good for the team and good for him. Give the kid some time to reflect and watch a somewhat veteran play on the field with the experience he has gained up to this point. Holcomb will not take us to the promise land, sorry.

Anyway I agree with the article about cleaning house and that's about it. Resign the youth like Clements, McGahee(who honestly dosen't seem that awesome but he is solid) Evans etc. This team was built for last year and this year period. Nothing will come but a downhill slide after this season with the players we currently have if it hasn't shown that already and we will be back to when TD came, cap hell plus old aging talent.

Comment

• kinigirly
                        • Sep 2005

Not that I encourage such a site...but aren't there any anti-bills sites some people on this forum can go to? Disagreement is one thing. Obviously we have to disagree or else what would be the point of the forum?? But some people just constantly hate and hate and hate on our players. If your a true Bills fan you support the players and shutup. Once they're gone then you can hate on them all you want...please see Drew Bledsoe for example. GRR rainy days get me mad!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                          That article is 100% correct. The jig is now up. Win or be prepared to answer for the mistakes made.
                          Nobody is going anywhere. TD had 2 more years just added to his deal (now ends after the 2007 season) and MM is on the hook for 3 more after this. 2006 is the litmus test on whether they stay or go.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
                            Until he has the time that these guys have under their belt you can't assume anything. He played well against a crappy Houston team which is a given. He has ALL the tools besides experience, period, that we know of right now.

Is he incapabale of relaxing in the pocket and being able to make reads? Dunno he hasn't played enough. Can he slow down and be able to make some passes besides firing a bullet at everyone and gain some touch plus hit the long ball? Dunno he hasn't played enough.

All I am saying is that the intangibles are there, he just needs a break atm which is good for the team and good for him. Give the kid some time to reflect and watch a somewhat veteran play on the field with the experience he has gained up to this point. Holcomb will not take us to the promise land, sorry.

Anyway I agree with the article about cleaning house and that's about it. Resign the youth like Clements, McGahee(who honestly dosen't seem that awesome but he is solid) Evans etc. This team was built for last year and this year period. Nothing will come but a downhill slide after this season with the players we currently have if it hasn't shown that already and we will be back to when TD came, cap hell plus old aging talent.
                            i can't say for certian that JP is a bust, but we can say with a very strong probability that he will be a bust. i obvioulsy don't want that, but you can't let one player busting ruin your team (leaf and the chargers for example).

most first round QBs are busts, JP was the 4th QB taken that year in the first round. he hasn't shown a god damn thing yet. until he does, he sits.

the problem i have with people's mentalities is they are willing to throw a year and all of our vets away in the hope that the 4th qb taken is going to be great, even tho he has a very small chance to be. that is both ignorant and it assumes that the QB is the only player on the team, something that pisses me off to no end.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              Nobody is going anywhere. TD had 2 more years just added to his deal (now ends after the 2007 season) and MM is on the hook for 3 more after this. 2006 is the litmus test on whether they stay or go.

Comment

Working...
                              X