PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Think this will happen again?

WG
01-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Incredibly, 19 of Buffalo's 22 starters played in all 16 games. Bills starters missed just six man games to injury.

That from the USA Today.

I think that may easily be a team record. Not likely that that happens again next season. Great year injury wise.

Pride
01-09-2003, 11:28 AM
I give some credit for GW for this. He did not kill them in training camp. Having Drew rather than Job also pads this stat.

ct bills fan
01-09-2003, 11:44 AM
That's the scary thing. We could sign a couple great free agents, have another great draft and have a promising year short circuited next year due to injuries. Keep your fingers crossed.

clumping platelets
01-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks for jinxing us wys :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Seriously!!! Next year its injurys here we come now!!!

WG
01-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Nah. We seem to have fairly durable guys unlike Os, Fina, RJ, and others.

I doubt it will be as good as it was this season. We must have led the league in injuries to starters. But I suspect we'll have a decent year next year injury wise.

Funny to talk about Drew though v. RJ. I would doubt that if he takes 54 sacks again, that he'll play all 16. It just doesn't happen. He's durable and always has been. He's a trooper in that way. But he's over 30 now and no spring chicken. He needs to learn to get rid of the ball just like Rob did. A good chunk of the sacks that he took were the result of his own inability or knack of not throwing it away. In that way I see little difference between the two QBs. He'll have to keep that # down if he wants and expects to not miss any games.

Cntrygal
01-09-2003, 12:16 PM
WOW!!! I am impressed.... there's a couple posts from you that can be read in under 20 min.!!! :D

btw... I think you just jinxed us. :madfire:

WG
01-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Yeah. Probably. Seems like everything else has something to do w/ me. May as well prematurely take credit for all of our injuries next season. ;)

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2003, 12:22 PM
I agree WYS they need to cut down on the # of hits Drew takes, and the blame falls on both Drew and the O line on that one!

WG
01-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Right. Drew didn't exactly help his own cause this year. I suspect that next season's OL will be right up there w/ the best we've ever had though and for sure one of the best that is capable of being put together in this era of FAcy.

I wonder how many other teams will start the exact same OL as they did this year.

Earthquake Enyart
01-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Funny to talk about Drew though v. RJ. I would doubt that if he takes 54 sacks again, that he'll play all 16. It just doesn't happen. He's durable and always has been. He's a trooper in that way. But he's over 30 now and no spring chicken. He needs to learn to get rid of the ball just like Rob did.

Rob learned to get rid of the ball? When? When they were off this week?? :huh:

Cntrygal
01-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Rob learned to get rid of the ball? When? When they were off this week?? :huh:

He gave it to Brad... :D

WG
01-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Oy!

Alright, bad sentence structure!

Just like Rob 'had to learn.' He never did and still hasn't. Rob would be a good RB who didn't fumble I suppose.

Excuuuuuse me! LOL

WG
01-09-2003, 12:51 PM
EE,

I like your nagging.

Will you be my second wife? Please!

Kelly The Dog
01-09-2003, 01:09 PM
If we average all the man-game injuries in GW's two years I would bet it's right smack dab in the middle of the pack. Which can only mean one thing.

And I don't know what it is.

BufBlue4ever60
01-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Incredibly, 19 of Buffalo's 22 starters played in all 16 games. Bills starters missed just six man games to injury.

Well you know what that means, right. Next year, when we are in the thick of a playoff race, someone good like Bledsoe or Moulds or Henry will get hurt. I thought this would happen this year.

HenryRules
01-09-2003, 02:05 PM
This is one area of the team where GW didn't get much credit this year ... which I find hypocritical of most Bills fans. Last year, most fans blamed almost all injuries on GW's harsh training camp and his militaristic style last year (and probably were justified in doing so) ... however, this year, with very few injuries, GW seems to get no credit whatsoever.
Also, as far as Bledsoe eventually getting injured as much as RJ ... Bledsoe, while being more durable, also knows how to take hits and avoid big hits much better than RJ did. Bledsoe seldom falls down hard on top of the ball and doesn't go on long runs out of the pocket without throwing the ball away, both of which RJ did often and which led to most of his injuries ... taking hits doesn't really cause injuries that often ... taking awkward hits and hits while you're unaware (something Bledsoe's pocket presence prevents) are what cause injuries to QBs.

Earthquake Enyart
01-09-2003, 02:50 PM
EE,

Will you be my second wife? Please!

See Thurm,

I told you he was winking at me. ;)