PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Reporters...

MikeInRoch
10-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I was listening to the Bills post-game conference. The following question was asked of Mike Mularky:

"What did Kelly do today that you think JP could not have done?"

It might as well have been:

"What could you say to do the most damage possible to your rookie QB's ego?"

It reminded me of a SNL skit several years ago:

"What could you say that would damage the morale of troops as much as possible?"

Geesh.

Kerr
10-09-2005, 04:45 PM
This the nfl. There's no pampering. Losman is lucky enough though that he's a very confident person who wants to be the best. It doesn't seem like Losman is going to get crushed from a mental standpoint. Anyone who watched him on the sideline could see that he was very supportive of holcomb and was involved in offensive sideline conversations. Losman, while dissapointed, knows he has the chance to learn. I think he knows he'll get his chance one way or the other.

Novacane
10-09-2005, 04:49 PM
was it Jerry Sullivan

JJamezz
10-09-2005, 04:50 PM
I personally don't understand the whole thing about hurting JP's confidence... These guys don't have that mentality - if they did, they'd have never made it to the NFL..

JP looked anything but 'tore up' about it on the sidelines today, and rightfully so, he shouldn't feel that way. He knows he's young, he knows he's gonna get his chances in this league. If anything, this just gives him more desire to keep learning & eventually get back in there and show his stuff. And having some game film of a veteran efficiently running the same offense, can only help him out.

Cntrygal
10-09-2005, 05:16 PM
This the nfl. There's no pampering. Losman is lucky enough though that he's a very confident person who wants to be the best. It doesn't seem like Losman is going to get crushed from a mental standpoint. Anyone who watched him on the sideline could see that he was very supportive of holcomb and was involved in offensive sideline conversations. Losman, while dissapointed, knows he has the chance to learn. I think he knows he'll get his chance one way or the other.

I personally don't understand the whole thing about hurting JP's confidence... These guys don't have that mentality - if they did, they'd have never made it to the NFL..

JP looked anything but 'tore up' about it on the sidelines today, and rightfully so, he shouldn't feel that way. He knows he's young, he knows he's gonna get his chances in this league. If anything, this just gives him more desire to keep learning & eventually get back in there and show his stuff. And having some game film of a veteran efficiently running the same offense, can only help him out.

:10:

The_Philster
10-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Honestly, I don't take it that way

"What did Kelly do today that you think JP could not have done?"quite frankly, Holcomb had a good game but wasn't spectacular or anything...he recognized the looks the Miami defense was giving him more than JP would but let's be honest...how many times did they give the ball to Willis for 31 rushes when JP was in there? They adapted the playcalling to Holcomb's strengths yet with JP, they seem to overdo it. They told us all offseason that they'd be running the ball...not trying to put the game on JP's shoulders..going by the first 4 weeks, they lie worse than my ex-gf

TurkJetFan
10-09-2005, 09:04 PM
what do you expect the guy to say?!?

soo hows the wife and kids??