PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy it Eric, its your final year.

X-Era
10-09-2005, 06:55 PM
The guy who is on the decline and isnt even our best WR, goes and complains that he wants to win now? Are you kidding me? Shut your damn mouth and play the game.

Meshawn, Moss, TO, now Moulds.

Well enjoy it, and for your sake, Eric, I hope we win a SB, because at a reported 8 mil next year or more, you are as good as gone. As much as I did love you, the last thing we need is a big mouth WR who cant back it up on the field to be second guessing us and killing our team.

We got the win, but if we end up without a plyoff run this year, what will he say then? Ill tell you what Ill say, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

He got what he wanted, I hope it works, but this is Erics last year.

finsrclowns
10-09-2005, 06:58 PM
So bitter after a win? :confused:

Novacane
10-09-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't like Moulds much now either but he backed it up today. I hope he keeps it up

juice
10-09-2005, 07:18 PM
The guy who is on the decline and isnt even our best WR, goes and complains that he wants to win now? Are you kidding me? Shut your damn mouth and play the game.

Meshawn, Moss, TO, now Moulds.

Well enjoy it, and for your sake, Eric, I hope we win a SB, because at a reported 8 mil next year or more, you are as good as gone. As much as I did love you, the last thing we need is a big mouth WR who cant back it up on the field to be second guessing us and killing our team.

We got the win, but if we end up without a plyoff run this year, what will he say then? Ill tell you what Ill say, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

He got what he wanted, I hope it works, but this is Erics last year.If Eric goes for 1000 yds this season I beleive he would probably want to go to another team, maybe a contender, but he would definitly look to be moved to a team with a veteran QB and that is headed in the right direction.

He is probably hoping Holcomb can keep his market value up by keeping him involved in the pass game.. moulds didn't want this year to turn into a year like Bledsoe had last year watching his market value go down the toilet.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Eric did not back up anything today. What did he have 7 catches for 40 yards? I think we should move him over to D and replace Milloy. Eric is so good at defending passes that he can't get to that he might be an answer in our secondary.

juice
10-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Eric did not back up anything today. What did he have 7 catches for 40 yards? I think we should move him over to D and replace Milloy. Eric is so good at defending passes that he can't get to that he might be an answer in our secondary.Moulds had exactly the type of effort that the Bills needed from him, TD, No big drops, and he made key conversions to extend drives.

There are no questions about our secondary.. with 3 picks they will still be rated #1 in the League.

STAMPY
10-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Eric did not back up anything today. What did he have 7 catches for 40 yards? I think we should move him over to D and replace Milloy. Eric is so good at defending passes that he can't get to that he might be an answer in our secondary.

Didn't he have a TD oh yaaaa i forgot. BTW The Holcomb led team scored 2 tds. Jp led his team to 2 tds in 4 games. :sorry:

Roll with kelly

X-Era
10-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I wish I wasnt I really do. I have to get over it and just watch and try to enjoy the games. Im still thinking big picture.

I have watched the RJ/Flutie mess. I watched another career backup in Alex Van Pelt for a while, I watched Drew for the past few years, and now Im watching Holcomb.

What reason do I have to believe that Holcomb wont end up the same as the other league cast offs that we tried at QB here?

How many times do we need to learn, re-learn, and the re-learn that a average or marginal QB aint gonna get it done here?

When will we (the team, management, and fans) finally get it?

With a true talent and hard ass attitude at QB here we go to 4 straight. Since then we have tried every ho hum attitude type and have accomplished nothing. Here we are again. How many "quiet leaders" do we need to go through before we get a fiery guy who backs it up on the field a guy with a winners attitude, that will jack this squad up when needed, and the talent of a Jim Kelly?

This is yet another attempt at mediocrity and that isnt good enough.\

I want a SB win. Im just gonna hang along for the ride this year and hope to hell we finally wake up. Ill root each week, Ill be excited if we go to the playoffs, but I wont be suprised if we dont.

I just am still left wishing we had the guy at QB with the mental toughness and the talent to win us a SB. Losman? who knows, certainly not me, but we are no closer and actually frather from finding out. If it aint Losman, and it aint Holcomb, who is it? and when do we start down the right path?

justasportsfan
10-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm glad Eric spoke up. Someone had to step up and because of it, we have a win and are back in the thick of things. It's not like he's the only one who wanted to win. The vets did. Moulds being the longest bill player among the vets seemed to have become the spokesman for the vets and he should be. The passing game was suffering and he's the leader of that passing game.

Eric may not have had monster nos. today, but it was enough for a win. The guy didn't b!tch today about not gettting the ball. He's happy we just WON. I don't see the problem in that. He's also had just one week to work w/ Holcomb and already we have a passing game once again. It isn't great yet, but it's better than what we had. Why anyone would wanna b!tch about that is beyond me.

If JP was in there and we lost, you'd be whining about how Moulds is done too. We won, Moulds helped us win, get with the program. Someone had to light the fire under this passing game. The ST do their job, the D when not on the field is doing a decent job.

BSXIII
10-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I wish I wasnt I really do. I have to get over it and just watch and try to enjoy the games. Im still thinking big picture.

I have watched the RJ/Flutie mess. I watched another career backup in Alex Van Pelt for a while, I watched Drew for the past few years, and now Im watching Holcomb.

What reason do I have to believe that Holcomb wont end up the same as the other league cast offs that we tried at QB here?

How many times do we need to learn, re-learn, and the re-learn that a average or marginal QB aint gonna get it done here??

Drew Bledsoe is not an average or marginal QB. This team may have made him look like that, but the problem was and still is the o-line. Find me a good/playoff team with an OL nearly as bad as ours. You can't. The elite teams get to the opposing QB quicker than they let the defense get to theirs.

With a true talent and hard ass attitude at QB here we go to 4 straight. Since then we have tried every ho hum attitude type and have accomplished nothing. Here we are again. How many "quiet leaders" do we need to go through before we get a fiery guy who backs it up on the field a guy with a winners attitude, that will jack this squad up when needed, and the talent of a Jim Kelly?

This is yet another attempt at mediocrity and that isnt good enough.\

I want a SB win. Im just gonna hang along for the ride this year and hope to hell we finally wake up. Ill root each week, Ill be excited if we go to the playoffs, but I wont be suprised if we dont.

I just am still left wishing we had the guy at QB with the mental toughness and the talent to win us a SB. Losman? who knows, certainly not me, but we are no closer and actually frather from finding out. If it aint Losman, and it aint Holcomb, who is it? and when do we start down the right path?

If we don't fix the line problems neither will have it. Also, what's with needing a cocky hard ass QB. Montana, Brady, and Young all won multiple Super Bowls and Young is the only one close to being a hard ass. Marino and Kelly were both hard asses, and neither one ever one a Super Bowl. Team chemistry is important. Being cocky and not backing it up leads to turmoil and a team mutiny. If Lossman is ever gonna be a good NFL QB he needs to lose the attitude because it's not flying well with his teammates.

dogg
10-09-2005, 08:00 PM
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Well look at his name.

X-Era
10-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Drew Bledsoe is not an average or marginal QB. This team may have made him look like that, but the problem was and still is the o-line. Find me a good/playoff team with an OL nearly as bad as ours. You can't. The elite teams get to the opposing QB, quicker than they let the defense get to theirs.

If we don't fix the line problems neither will have it. Also, what's with needing a cocky hard ass QB. Marino, Brady, and Young all won multiple Super Bowls and Young is the only one close to being a hard ass. Marino and Kelly were both hard asses, and neither one ever one a Super Bowl. Team chemistry is important. Being cocky and not backing it up leads to turmoil and a team mutiny. If Lossman is ever gonna be a good NFL QB he needs to lose the attitude because it's not flying well with his teammates.
You mean his team mates that havent been to the playoffs? Thats my point. You mentioned a lot of great QBs and there are many more, NONE of them played for us.

We are a different team that severly lacks mental toughness and has since Kelly left, we are still waiting to replace it and it probably needs to come from the QB.

I stand behind my statement, nothing short of a SB caliper QB with Jims attitude will win a SB for us. The Pats and others can do it with less, but they aint us. Drew only has proven my point.

X-Era
10-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Well look at his name.
You can go there if you want.

I am NOT a blind Losman fan. What I AM is someone who wants a QB with SB quality talent and Jim Kellys attitude. Losman has the attitude but may never have the talent, we dont know yet. He has a rcoket for an arm, but his decision making hasnt been good enough to win yet.

The_Philster
10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Eric may not have had monster nos. today, but it was enough for a win. The guy didn't b!tch today about not gettting the ball. 7 catches...he didn't have a reason to *****

kinigirly
10-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Jp era.....simmer down friend. I feel as STRONGLY as you do about support and development. But no one's gonna change their mind about JP. Everyone is so sick of losing season after season they just want immediate gratification instead of a long term plan. I am just laughing at all the negativity because all this talk means nothing. The Bills are gonna change game to game. But nice job trying!! :peace:

X-Era
10-09-2005, 08:18 PM
7 catches...he didn't have a reason to *****
It sounds like we are on the same page.

I just wonder if this team right here and these fans were sent back to the past right after our 4th SB loss, if they would argue that what we have on the field is unacceptable, especially at QB. My memory isnt that short.

I think we have watched dog crap for so long that cat crap looks pretty good right now.

X-Era
10-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Jp era.....simmer down friend. I feel as STRONGLY as you do about support and development. But no one's gonna change their mind about JP. Everyone is so sick of losing season after season they just want immediate gratification instead of a long term plan. I am just laughing at all the negativity because all this talk means nothing. The Bills are gonna change game to game. But nice job trying!! :peace:
Im with ya, not against ya. Im not ticked at anyone here, im a bit perplexed at how anyone could be happy with this team after being out of the playoffs for so long, but you cant change peoples minds.

Im ticked at this frikkin organization as a whole and that they cant seem to ever put it together. It just keeps going on and on.

BSXIII
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Jp-era, I think we all agree that this team has had problems for a long time, I just disagree that it's the QB. It sounds nice to be only one player away from being something special, but I just don't think that's the reality of the situation. A superstar QB IMO, is just a band-aid on a shot gun wound. If you look around the league all the top QB's have top O-lines.

I mean I hate to bring up Bledsoe again but we heard the whole time he was here how he couldn't win on the road, beat good teams, or beat the Blitz. Dallas has done all three this year with great success. Philly tired to blitz many times today and got burnt doing so. Giving a QB an extra second or 2 of time can be huge in this league. Let's fix the o-line before we make any long term decisions on QB.

sba
10-09-2005, 08:56 PM
You don't like Moulds because he had your pretty boy benched so this team could win a few games. I'm stunned. At least he can run his mouth and back it up, unlike our "promising young QB", who at this point has only shown that he can run his mouth.

DynaPaul
10-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Moulds had exactly the type of effort that the Bills needed from him, TD, No big drops, and he made key conversions to extend drives.

There are no questions about our secondary.. with 3 picks they will still be rated #1 in the League.

Huh? There was a bomb pass that slipped through his hands because he was half-assed trotting down the field. Coulda been a touchdown, I'd call that a drop.

kinigirly
10-09-2005, 09:04 PM
You don't like Moulds because he had your pretty boy benched so this team could win a few games. I'm stunned. At least he can run his mouth and back it up, unlike our "promising young QB", who at this point has only shown that he can run his mouth.

GOSH well at least you admitted he was pretty..haha jokes on you, you complimented JP! If your biggest beef is that he's pretty and talks then we're doing pretty well today.
Ok sorry no work tomorrow and insomnia is kicking in....

TacklingDummy
10-09-2005, 11:26 PM

JP is a locker room cancer.

sba
10-09-2005, 11:33 PM
JP is a locker room cancer. I wouldn't go that far yet, but his big mouth and small play hasn't impressed the vets on the team, that's for sure.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm glad the Bills benched the #32 ranked QB in the league.

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Wow. Nicole is my favorite Jill. :drool:

justasportsfan
10-10-2005, 06:45 AM
7 catches...he didn't have a reason to ***** Exactly, in other words, the ball is being thrown the way it should be. We actually have TE's again. You see a lot of effort from Campbell yesterday.

Jayhawk
10-10-2005, 08:07 AM
nah, we will be better with Shane.

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Exactly, in other words, the ball is being thrown the way it should be. amazing what happens when they actually try to gameplan for the players we are using
We actually have TE's again. You see a lot of effort from Campbell yesterday.I hope you're not saying Campbell wasn't trying out there with JP :shakeno:

clumping platelets
10-10-2005, 09:16 AM
I believe Moulds will be back next year

colin
10-10-2005, 09:19 AM
the people who say bledsoe sucks no matter what, even tho he is on pace to have his 2nd probowl in 4 years, and that jp needs to start inspite of what could be the worst play ever by a starting bills QB, really need to check themselves.

a QB is just a member of a team, but he is the member most depenant on everyone else in order to perform. if one QB can't pass for 100 yards, but a veteran like holcomb can come in against a very strong D and put up numbers the other guy can't dream of, they you can say one qb is sh_t (lossman is just terrible).

if another QB plays very well when given weapons and a line but pretty poorly if not (bledsoe), than you can conclude that he has big strengths but some exploitable weaknesses, so he has to be in a team that can take advantage of him.

they way you mouth breathers just sling mud at bledsoe, no matter how he plays (saying he can't beat a good D, which is funny because most QBs do poorly against good Ds, even tho dallas just beat philly), and then say that JP needs to start, even tho he is easily the worst QB to wear a bills uni since billy joe, just makes me worried.

i'm worried that you might lose focus and not be able to be the assistant manager on the night shift at the mcdonalds where you work. it takes everything you dunces have to keep my fries piping hot, and with you struggling (and failing) with slightly harder concepts like QB play, i'm concerned that you might stick your miss shapen heads into the fry oil.

please, for the safety and the fast food eating of everyone, keep your 75 IQ sharply tuned for the real task at hand, and get me my f@cking happy meal.

thanks!

HHURRICANE
10-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Moulds had exactly the type of effort that the Bills needed from him, TD, No big drops, and he made key conversions to extend drives.

First off the comment about moving Moulds to our secondary was a joke. Second, we barely won the game. This is about talent, coaching or both. Holcomb threw for a 169 yards against Miami. 169 yards!!! Brady had 2 more completions than Holcomb and threw for 350 yards. Either our recievers can't get open (26 attempts) or Clements is an idiot and has no way to create key matchups during a game. Does anybody realize that our offense sucks. Nobody can handle the truth. Miami gave us this game. Nobody wants to talk about Bledsoe. I wanted Bledsoe gone more than anybody but the simple truth is that he looks good in a much better system. Our system sucks. I feel bad for JP.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2005, 09:31 AM
the people who say bledsoe sucks no matter what, even tho he is on pace to have his 2nd probowl in 4 years, and that jp needs to start inspite of what could be the worst play ever by a starting bills QB, really need to check themselves.

a QB is just a member of a team, but he is the member most depenant on everyone else in order to perform. if one QB can't pass for 100 yards, but a veteran like holcomb can come in against a very strong D and put up numbers the other guy can't dream of, they you can say one qb is sh_t (lossman is just terrible).
thanks!

Hmmm. At this point Holcomb is a better player no doubt. But everyone knows this. With that said he passed for a whopping 169 yards. This is a guy who has had 5 games where he has passed for over 400 yards. This is not about talent at QB its about our sh..ty system. You can't blame JP. By the way I'll take the fry cook over Tom Clements right now.

basenjiwarrior
10-10-2005, 09:36 AM
I don't like Moulds much now either but he backed it up today. I hope he keeps it up

Yeah... that wanting to win strategy that Moulds shoots off about really gets under my skin too!!

Can you imagine wanting to win??

Philagape
10-10-2005, 09:41 AM
the people who say bledsoe sucks no matter what, even tho he is on pace to have his 2nd probowl in 4 years

He proved in 2002 that you can get into the Pro Bowl with half a season of playing well, so you may be right.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2005, 09:48 AM

if another QB plays very well when given weapons and a line but pretty poorly if not (bledsoe), than you can conclude that he has big strengths but some exploitable weaknesses, so he has to be in a team that can take advantage of him.

they way you mouth breathers just sling mud at bledsoe, no matter how he plays (saying he can't beat a good D, which is funny because most QBs do poorly against good Ds, even tho dallas just beat philly), and then say that JP needs to start, even tho he is easily the worst QB to wear a bills uni since billy joe, just makes me worried.

i'm worried that you might lose focus and not be able to be the assistant manager on the night shift at the mcdonalds where you work. it takes everything you dunces have to keep my fries piping hot, and with you struggling (and failing) with slightly harder concepts like QB play, i'm concerned that you might stick your miss shapen heads into the fry oil.

please, for the safety and the fast food eating of everyone, keep your 75 IQ sharply tuned for the real task at hand, and get me my f@cking happy meal.

thanks!
Couldn't have said it better myself. The Bledsoe hate is sickening. As bad as everyone perceived Bledsoe to be, he's still a million times better than #32 ranked QB JP.

Philagape
10-10-2005, 09:58 AM
It's OK, we have Drew's twin playing for us now.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2005, 10:04 AM
It's OK, we have Drew's twin playing for us now.
Would you rather have JP?

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I mean I hate to bring up Bledsoe again...

:liar:

footballhottie
10-10-2005, 03:03 PM
If Eric goes for 1000 yds this season I beleive he would probably want to go to another team, maybe a contender, but he would definitly look to be moved to a team with a veteran QB and that is headed in the right direction.

He is probably hoping Holcomb can keep his market value up by keeping him involved in the pass game.. moulds didn't want this year to turn into a year like Bledsoe had last year watching his market value go down the toilet. OMG Guess what i did yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luisito23
10-10-2005, 03:54 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

If I could find the clapping smily, I would put it right here............

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
10-10-2005, 04:34 PM
amazing what happens when they actually try to gameplan for the players we are usingI hope you're not saying Campbell wasn't trying out there with JP :shakeno:you missed my point completely. Our Passing game was alive the whole time. Our wr's were not the problem including Moulds . All of a sudden our TE was getting the ball and so were our wr's when Holcomb came in. Kelly had more yards than JP just practicing w/ the 1st team for 1 week.

That means it was jp playing like Rob or Drew . He waits for our wr's to get open instead of trusting them to make a play. I have yet to see JP consistently attempt to thread passes on a consistent basis. He doesn't have the confidence in his passes yet.

juice
10-10-2005, 04:38 PM
First off the comment about moving Moulds to our secondary was a joke. Second, we barely won the game. This is about talent, coaching or both. Holcomb threw for a 169 yards against Miami. 169 yards!!! Brady had 2 more completions than Holcomb and threw for 350 yards. Either our recievers can't get open (26 attempts) or Clements is an idiot and has no way to create key matchups during a game. Does anybody realize that our offense sucks. Nobody can handle the truth. Miami gave us this game. Nobody wants to talk about Bledsoe. I wanted Bledsoe gone more than anybody but the simple truth is that he looks good in a much better system. Our system sucks. I feel bad for JP.17pts in the 1st half isn't a bad output especially for a QB making his 1st start in a new system.. MIA made good adjustments and seemed to control the ball on offense better in the second half.

Willis put up decent #'s rushing in the 2nd half and the Bills went to a more conservative brand of playcalling, relying on Willis to take a toll on the Phins defensive front.. with a 17 pt lead the offense had done it's job and looked to run the clock and not make costly TOs. Had it not been for a couple holding penalties on Willis' two best rushes he would've been well over 120 yds on the day - anytime you can get Willis near 100 yds rushing, your QB can put together a 20/26 completion performance and a 17 pt lead you don't need 300 yd passing days from Holcomb.

In fact the only time we should've been passing with that big of a lead was on 3rd down whenever Willis failed to pick up 10 rushing yds on 1st & 2nd downs - the more touches WM has /gm the more this Offense will control the ball and clock keeping the defense off the field well rested.

'Cane with the lead we almost blew against the Phins I'd have to say it's the Defense that sucks more than the Offense.. I look for the total production of this Holcomb led "O" to increase with KH working with the starters for a full week - I just hope MM and TC don't forget the blueprint used to beat the Phins because it was the best gameplan we've executed so far this year.

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 04:41 PM
you missed my point completely.with statements like this...kinda hard to get your point unless you meant to say players were tanking it just because JP was in there

You see a lot of effort from Campbell yesterday

Our Passing game was alive the whole time. Our wr's were not the problem including Moulds . All of a sudden our TE was getting the ball and so were our wr's when Holcomb came in. Kelly had more yards than JP just practicing w/ the 1st team for 1 week.

That means it was jp playing like Rob or Drew . He waits for our wr's to get open instead of trusting them to make a play. I have yet to see JP consistently attempt to thread passes on a consistent basis. He doesn't have the confidence in his passes yet.Well..personally..I don't expect a rookie to play like a vet just yet...but that's me

justasportsfan
10-10-2005, 04:48 PM
with statements like this...kinda hard to get your point unless you meant to say players were tanking it just because JP was in there

Well..personally..I don't expect a rookie to play like a vet just yet...but that's meIn other words, Cambell is alive. I forgot we had a TE when JP was in there. I don't expect JP to win games, I don't expect our coaches to give up the season either just to develop 1 player.

I do expect our offense to be better once Holcomb has more reps w/ our starters however. I can only jope that our O puts enough points on the board so JP can come in the 4th qtrs.

kinigirly
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
UCK the thought of sabotage by the O-line sends shivers up my spine. Do you guys really think some vets played like crap just because JP was at the helm as opposed to someone like Holcomb? I remember yesterday someone posted that Moulds and Evans are only putting their best foot forward for Kelly cause he has paid his dues. I hope this isn't true because what kind of warped player would ***** about wanting to win now, but throw the game to teach a rookie a lesson about initiation into the NFL? It better not be true cause if it is, we got bigger problems on this team than we previously thought

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2005, 06:57 PM
UCK the thought of sabotage by the O-line sends shivers up my spine. Do you guys really think some vets played like crap just because JP was at the helm as opposed to someone like Holcomb? I remember yesterday someone posted that Moulds and Evans are only putting their best foot forward for Kelly cause he has paid his dues. I hope this isn't true because what kind of warped player would ***** about wanting to win now, but throw the game to teach a rookie a lesson about initiation into the NFL? It better not be true cause if it is, we got bigger problems on this team than we previously thought

We do have bigger problems on this team...it's just that some people don't want to face facts (not saying this about you, btw)