X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FinNasty23
    • May 2005

Ronnie Brown vs. the Bills...

First off... congrats... you guys got the "W". You had some help from turnovers and penalties, but the only thing that matters is the "W" and you guys got it... so congrats...

Now... I am curious what you guys thought of Ronnie Brown. Impressed? Not impressed? How do you think he looked? Thanks...

Nasty
  • Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ronnie Brown vs. the Bills...

It's really hard to judge him because every back shreads our D. I know one thing. He picked a real good time to fumble

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

He ran for over a 100 yards and I thought he looked good. But if Ricky had been back there I think you would have won the game. Ricky is still way better.

Comment

• FinNasty23
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Fairway
        It's really hard to judge him because every back shreads our D. I know one thing. He picked a real good time to fumble
        More like an exellent play by Clements...

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          He ran for over a 100 yards and I thought he looked good. But if Ricky had been back there I think you would have won the game. Ricky is still way better.
          Brown had 97 yds.. when Ricky comes back the Phins will have the best backfield in the League.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• FinNasty23
            • May 2005

Originally posted by juice
            Brown had 97 yds.. when Ricky comes back the Phins will have the best backfield in the League.
            What did you think of Brown?

Comment

• Stewie
              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
              • Aug 2002

I think he's a one trick pony. He hits the hole hard but has no second or third level moves at all. Guys like that will play to the level of their o-line and never any better. He'd be a good backup. Wonder if that's why he played under Cadillac?
              Originally posted by Topdog
              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              I love Weiner.
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              also cheese

Comment

• FinNasty23
                • May 2005

Originally posted by paulB
                I think he's a one trick pony. He hits the hole hard but has no second or third level moves at all. Guys like that will play to the level of their o-line and never any better. He'd be a good backup. Wonder if that's why he played under Cadillac?
                You think he is a back-up level running back? So you dont think he should be a starter? Just askin for an explaination...

Nasty

Comment

• ajsdx
                  • Aug 2003

I personally think he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Travis Henry. Considering what Henry could do at times, I'd say you've got a productive, dependable starter on your hands. I'd much rather have that than a guy like Alexander, who can get you 6 TD's one week and 34 yards on 20 carries the next. Ricky's talent is better, but Brown's head and heart seem to be more into it. And if he develops any other skills, he can be elite. But he's got a good foundation...just needs to learn to cover the ball -- you CANNOT fumble in a situation like that, with time on the clock and inside the red zone. I guess the Henry comparison could be more apt than I thought!

Comment

• PhinsFan66
                    Phins Rule
                    • Nov 2004

Yeah Congrats Bills Fans:

It is always tough for the Phins to beat Buffalo in your back yard....we killed ourselves with 18 penalties and 5 turnovers but a loss is a loss and we got outplayed. Looking forward to the rematch in Miami.

Honestly, do you guys think Ronnie fumbled it at the end???

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PhinsFan66
                      Yeah Congrats Bills Fans:

It is always tough for the Phins to beat Buffalo in your back yard....we killed ourselves with 18 penalties and 5 turnovers but a loss is a loss and we got outplayed. Looking forward to the rematch in Miami.

looked like a fumble from where I was sitting
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• AndreReed83
                        Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PhinsFan66

Yep.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                        "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• PhinsFan66
                          Phins Rule
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by AndreReed83
                          Yep.
                          I was watching the game at a sportsbar and they showed Ronnie's knee hitting the ground right as he lost it, but it was hard to see if it was coming out....it was close but you got it.....it was almost like the INT that one of your D-backs got that rolled under his helmet and popped into the air....tough to see....I couldnt remember who the Bills player was.

Comment

• FinNasty23
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by ajsdx
                            I personally think he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Travis Henry. Considering what Henry could do at times, I'd say you've got a productive, dependable starter on your hands. I'd much rather have that than a guy like Alexander, who can get you 6 TD's one week and 34 yards on 20 carries the next. Ricky's talent is better, but Brown's head and heart seem to be more into it. And if he develops any other skills, he can be elite. But he's got a good foundation...just needs to learn to cover the ball -- you CANNOT fumble in a situation like that, with time on the clock and inside the red zone. I guess the Henry comparison could be more apt than I thought!
                            Tru... thanks for the imput. The fumble I think was more of a great play by Clement more than a bad move by Ronnie. He was vunerable because he was already being brought down by someone, and Clement just put his shoulder right on the ball. Perfect play...

Nasty

Comment

• AndreReed83
                              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                              • Mar 2004

ESPNEWS showed it four times all from different angles. Every single one of them looked like a fumble. Especially the one that was behind Nate and showed him punching it out. It was close, but it was a fumble.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

Working...
                              X