PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brown vs. the Bills...

FinNasty23
10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
First off... congrats... you guys got the "W". You had some help from turnovers and penalties, but the only thing that matters is the "W" and you guys got it... so congrats...

Now... I am curious what you guys thought of Ronnie Brown. Impressed? Not impressed? How do you think he looked? Thanks...

Nasty

Novacane
10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
It's really hard to judge him because every back shreads our D. I know one thing. He picked a real good time to fumble :D

HHURRICANE
10-09-2005, 07:23 PM
He ran for over a 100 yards and I thought he looked good. But if Ricky had been back there I think you would have won the game. Ricky is still way better.

FinNasty23
10-09-2005, 07:24 PM
It's really hard to judge him because every back shreads our D. I know one thing. He picked a real good time to fumble :D
More like an exellent play by Clements...

juice
10-09-2005, 07:43 PM
He ran for over a 100 yards and I thought he looked good. But if Ricky had been back there I think you would have won the game. Ricky is still way better.Brown had 97 yds.. when Ricky comes back the Phins will have the best backfield in the League.

FinNasty23
10-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Brown had 97 yds.. when Ricky comes back the Phins will have the best backfield in the League.
What did you think of Brown?

Stewie
10-09-2005, 07:51 PM
I think he's a one trick pony. He hits the hole hard but has no second or third level moves at all. Guys like that will play to the level of their o-line and never any better. He'd be a good backup. Wonder if that's why he played under Cadillac?

FinNasty23
10-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I think he's a one trick pony. He hits the hole hard but has no second or third level moves at all. Guys like that will play to the level of their o-line and never any better. He'd be a good backup. Wonder if that's why he played under Cadillac?
You think he is a back-up level running back? So you dont think he should be a starter? Just askin for an explaination...

Nasty

ajsdx
10-09-2005, 08:02 PM
I personally think he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Travis Henry. Considering what Henry could do at times, I'd say you've got a productive, dependable starter on your hands. I'd much rather have that than a guy like Alexander, who can get you 6 TD's one week and 34 yards on 20 carries the next. Ricky's talent is better, but Brown's head and heart seem to be more into it. And if he develops any other skills, he can be elite. But he's got a good foundation...just needs to learn to cover the ball -- you CANNOT fumble in a situation like that, with time on the clock and inside the red zone. I guess the Henry comparison could be more apt than I thought!

PhinsFan66
10-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah Congrats Bills Fans:

It is always tough for the Phins to beat Buffalo in your back yard....we killed ourselves with 18 penalties and 5 turnovers but a loss is a loss and we got outplayed. Looking forward to the rematch in Miami.

Honestly, do you guys think Ronnie fumbled it at the end???

The_Philster
10-09-2005, 08:12 PM

It is always tough for the Phins to beat Buffalo in your back yard....we killed ourselves with 18 penalties and 5 turnovers but a loss is a loss and we got outplayed. Looking forward to the rematch in Miami.

Honestly, do you guys think Ronnie fumbled it at the end???looked like a fumble from where I was sitting :idunno:

AndreReed83
10-09-2005, 08:13 PM

Yep.

PhinsFan66
10-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Yep.I was watching the game at a sportsbar and they showed Ronnie's knee hitting the ground right as he lost it, but it was hard to see if it was coming out....it was close but you got it.....it was almost like the INT that one of your D-backs got that rolled under his helmet and popped into the air....tough to see....I couldnt remember who the Bills player was.

FinNasty23
10-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I personally think he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Travis Henry. Considering what Henry could do at times, I'd say you've got a productive, dependable starter on your hands. I'd much rather have that than a guy like Alexander, who can get you 6 TD's one week and 34 yards on 20 carries the next. Ricky's talent is better, but Brown's head and heart seem to be more into it. And if he develops any other skills, he can be elite. But he's got a good foundation...just needs to learn to cover the ball -- you CANNOT fumble in a situation like that, with time on the clock and inside the red zone. I guess the Henry comparison could be more apt than I thought!
Tru... thanks for the imput. The fumble I think was more of a great play by Clement more than a bad move by Ronnie. He was vunerable because he was already being brought down by someone, and Clement just put his shoulder right on the ball. Perfect play...

Nasty

AndreReed83
10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
ESPNEWS showed it four times all from different angles. Every single one of them looked like a fumble. Especially the one that was behind Nate and showed him punching it out. It was close, but it was a fumble.

The_Philster
10-09-2005, 08:36 PM
I was watching the game at a sportsbar and they showed Ronnie's knee hitting the ground right as he lost it, but it was hard to see if it was coming out....it was close but you got it.....it was almost like the INT that one of your D-backs got that rolled under his helmet and popped into the air....tough to see....I couldnt remember who the Bills player was.Just going off what I saw at the stadium...it looked like a fumble...but very close...at this point, I don't think it would've been overturned either way...not enough definitive evidence showing much...but like I said...just going off what I saw at the game...I'll review the tape tomorrow

jdenning
10-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I think you guys made a huge mistake by letting Cadillac slip to the bucs.. everyone was so high on ronnie i mean hes good but cadillac is definitely better

FinNasty23
10-09-2005, 08:43 PM
I think you guys made a huge mistake by letting Cadillac slip to the bucs.. everyone was so high on ronnie i mean hes good but cadillac is definitely better
One of the reasons he fell on draft boards was because of durability issues... He had some trouble stayin healthy in college, and so far he has had trouble stayin healthy in the NFL... I am gunna wait a while to start comparing the 2. Caddy is one hell of a talent though...

Nasty

capitolneal
10-09-2005, 08:53 PM

No bad call but i Will take it

DynaPaul
10-09-2005, 08:57 PM
First off... congrats... you guys got the "W". You had some help from turnovers and penalties, but the only thing that matters is the "W" and you guys got it... so congrats...

Now... I am curious what you guys thought of Ronnie Brown. Impressed? Not impressed? How do you think he looked? Thanks...

Nasty

He looked pretty good for a rookie. I forsee the Dolphins getting rid of either Williams or Brown. They'll probably keep Brown because he's young and doesn't have a history of being a colossal flake. Dope smoker they can dump on some team that's really hard up for a running back.

Crisis
10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
If Gruden keeps running Cadillac into the ground by overworking him Ronnie will be better.

Gruden is running Cadillac a ridiculous amount of times a game. I remember the first couple of games he was on pace to SHATTER the NFL record for carries in a year that I think Ricky has.

sba
10-09-2005, 09:04 PM
I felt bad for him on that fumble, he played a great game and didn't deserve to be the one that takes any blame for the loss (not with the penalties, and Saban not running the ball until later in the game). He's going to be a good back for you guys.

Crisis
10-09-2005, 09:12 PM
I felt bad for him on that fumble, he played a great game and didn't deserve to be the one that takes any blame for the loss (not with the penalties, and Saban not running the ball until later in the game). He's going to be a good back for you guys.
I didn't feel bad for him. Our D was getting up alive on that drive and that fumble saved the game.

sba
10-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I didn't feel bad for him. Our D was getting up alive on that drive and that fumble saved the game.
Well for him personally, I was still happy about the fumble. :)

Crisis
10-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Well for him personally, I was still happy about the fumble. :)
Him and Feeley are my 2 favorite Dolphins!

Meathead
10-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I was definitely impressed with Ronnie Brown. He showed excellent power several times blasting through more than one tackler. I was surprised at how many balls he caught today but I don't think he's going to challenge Larry's Centers' record anytime soon. Doesn't look like he's got a ton of moves but a fast power back ala a younger Stephen Davis would still grade out to a terrific pick for them.

On the fumble, there's no doubt it was. It was very, very close but it still counts. You can clearly see in stop motion from one angle that the ball is rotating in his hand one or two frames before his knee hits. The ball was well more than 45° relative to his forearm when his knee touched. I thought they were going to reverse it until I saw that angle, then I immediately jumped up and celebrated.

Each team had a good half and in the end the fumble probably did it.

FinNasty23
10-10-2005, 01:57 AM
I was definitely impressed with Ronnie Brown. He showed excellent power several times blasting through more than one tackler. I was surprised at how many balls he caught today but I don't think he's going to challenge Larry's Centers' record anytime soon. Doesn't look like he's got a ton of moves but a fast power back ala a younger Stephen Davis would still grade out to a terrific pick for them.

On the fumble, there's no doubt it was. It was very, very close but it still counts. You can clearly see in stop motion from one angle that the ball is rotating in his hand one or two frames before his knee hits. The ball was well more than 45° relative to his forearm when his knee touched. I thought they were going to reverse it until I saw that angle, then I immediately jumped up and celebrated.

Each team had a good half and in the end the fumble probably did it. The fumble was just a great play by Clement... I hate that b@$t@rd! About Ronnie in the passing game... I think he will be even more involved in the future. He is still learning the system and the playbook... Anyone else have any thoughts on Ronnie? Nasty

juice
10-10-2005, 03:19 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Brown is the real deal but Sticky Ricky in his prime was just sick, I remeber plenty of times Ricky almost single handedly took the Bills apart.

Brown could potentially be in the same League as Ricky but to this point hasn't done it on a consistent basis avoiding injuries or fumbling the ball. I want to see Ricky and how quick he is 20 lbs lighter and after his body ha been allowed to rest for a full year.

I'm not ready to say that Brown is even the best RB in MIA until I see that Sticky has lost a step or his edge.. from what I saw in pre-season RW hasn't lost a thing.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

What did you think of Brown?

Brad528
10-10-2005, 07:25 AM
I thought ronnie played well today he even looked a little faster after hitting the holes. I did notice that you cant hit him with arms up top for a tackle but he does go down once you get his feet or legs very quickly.
That probaly was a fumble at the end but it was just to hard to tell in the replay because the defender was in the way of the ball but there was no way they could over turn the call made based on the fact there was no evidence against it.

thecoordinator
10-10-2005, 07:48 AM

what an ignorant remark

pintonick96
10-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Brown had 97 yds.. when Ricky comes back the Phins will have the best backfield in the League.

Yeah, and the Steelers backfield is crap. Good thinking.

Mahdi
10-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I think Ronnie has an awesome blend of speed and power and once that Miami O-line is improved he will be challenging Willis for best rusher in the AFCE.

Michael82
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
I think that Ronnie Brown looked pretty good. I agree with others, he looked like a bigger version of Travis Henry. He has some nice power up the middle. But I also feel that the Dolphins should have picked Cadillac Williams over Ronnie Brown. He's going to be the better back, as long as Jon Gruden doesnt kill him.

ParanoidAndroid
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Ronnie Brown definately has a bright future. He has very good acceleration and keeps his legs churning.

For those who think Saban waited too long to run the ball, I just think it took them a while to run the ball with any consistent success.

He had a couple carries on their first 2 drives for negative yardage but then our DB's were getting beat. As soon as we started doubling Chambers, they opened up holes and broke off a few long runs.

This defense is giving up long runs and it seriously stresses me out.

Stewie
10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
You think he is a back-up level running back? So you dont think he should be a starter? Just askin for an explaination...

Nasty

I think he's capable as a starter. But I don't think he's the type of back that will put the team on his shoulders and will them to victory. There are very few backs in the league that will do that. I think Cadillac is one of those backs. So I think Miami messed up by taking Brown over Caddy...

juice
10-10-2005, 01:37 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Steelers RBs are only as good as the O-Line, whoever is plugged in at RB has success alot like the Broncos over the last decade.. The Bus is about to run outta gas, Duce can't stay healthy for a half season, and Willie Parker couldn't even get any PT here at UNC.

Williams & Brown have pedigree, Williams carried the Phins when they were garbage at QB and Brown is performing behind what was thought to be one of the worst O-Lines in the League.

I'd take RW & RB over any other 2 RBs in the League.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Yeah, and the Steelers backfield is crap. Good thinking.

Stewie
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
what an ignorant remark

Please, oh wise one, tell me how I am ignorant so I may be all-knowing like you!

NJFINSFAN1
10-10-2005, 02:02 PM
looked like a fumble from where I was sitting :idunno:

Looked like it on TV also!:teary:

NJFINSFAN1
10-10-2005, 02:06 PM
I think that Ronnie Brown looked pretty good. I agree with others, he looked like a bigger version of Travis Henry. He has some nice power up the middle. But I also feel that the Dolphins should have picked Cadillac Williams over Ronnie Brown. He's going to be the better back, as long as Jon Gruden doesnt kill him.

The reason he didn't pick caddie is showing. Don't get me wrong, Caddie is a great back, but Brown can do more, he is more of a complete back. He has better hands coming out of the backfield then caddie, and is a much better blocker then caddie! Did you see that block that saved Gus's @$$!!!!

Plus Caddie has had minor injury problems, that seem to be showing up now. It cost his team a win over the Jets with him not playing.

ddaryl
10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Brown is a big bruising back who could really wear down opponents DL.

I was impressed with Brown and thing the Dolphins are set at RB for awhile