PDA

View Full Version : Losman upset, embarrassed over benching

The_Philster
10-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Bills quarterback J.P. Losman is upset and embarrassed, wondering what — and how long — it will take to get his starting job back.
"Yes, of course, you are very upset, you're mad, you're trying to find all these negative things and turn them into positives," Losman said after watching backup Kelly Holcomb lead Buffalo to a 20-14 win over Miami on Sunday. "All these feelings that you're feeling, embarrassment in front of your friends and family is probably the biggest thing. And it's just something you have to grow from and get over."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2005-10-09-losman-upset_x.htm

DraftBoy
10-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Now the question is will he use this demotion to work harder, or will he do what too many pro athletes do and pout about it and demand a trade....I hope for option #1

kinigirly
10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
oh well that's nice...the kid feels like crap and just wants to make everything right...so lets all laugh at him while he's down? yeah that's really gonna help the team :down:

X-Era
10-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Now the question is will he use this demotion to work harder, or will he do what too many pro athletes do and pout about it and demand a trade....I hope for option #1
I PROMISE you he wont whine and demand a trade. Mark it down, etch it into stone, whatever you want. The kid may not be playing good enough to win, but lets give him credit, his attitude is definetely a winners attitude!!!

X-Era
10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Demand a trade? I wouldn't trade a McChicken sandwich for J.P. Lossman.

Hey Stu Griffin, where did you get that picture of J.P. Is he ready for a big sleep over at coach Wyche's house?
Funny, I wouldnt trade a bag of moldy dog sh_t for your posts either.

kinigirly
10-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Demand a trade? I wouldn't trade a McChicken sandwich for J.P. Lossman.

Hey Stu Griffin, where did you get that picture of J.P. Is he ready for a big sleep over at coach Wyche's house?

Haha nice JP Hater no low blows on JPs picture....you're getting better! Maybe he just needs to snuggle with someone

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2005, 08:26 PM
JP is upset, am I the only one that thinks that's a GOOD thing? What would you rather him say "I'm obviously not ready to be an NFL QB, Kelly should be the starting QB for the rest of the season"

BSXIII
10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Good to see him give an honest answer while not blaming anyone else. I think he realizes that he has a lot of work to do before he's ready to be an NFL QB. That said, he was brought into a pretty crappy situation and must really be wondering if things will ever work out with this front office.

The_Philster
10-09-2005, 08:41 PM
JP is upset, am I the only one that thinks that's a GOOD thing? What would you rather him say "I'm obviously not ready to be an NFL QB, Kelly should be the starting QB for the rest of the season"agreed...the only question will be how he handles it..going by what is said in the article,
"This is not a straight road," Losman said. "It's up and down. And I have to somehow level it out and realize that I have a long career here, a lot of years left, a lot of games left."

<!-- end body-content --> I've got a feeling he's going to handle it well

DynaPaul
10-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I like JP but maybe he'll benefit from watching Kelly run the same plays he knows from practice in a live game? Seeing a veteran run the offense may help him to see how he should react in every situation. Right now he is just too jumpy and errant on his throws. He really needs to improve his field awareness and just settle down. Holcomb didn't make any amazing throws during the game, JP could have made those throws if he were calmer and committed with his throws.

Romes
10-09-2005, 08:51 PM
This is the post game audio where you here him say many of the quotes in the article. This shows that the tone is still upbeat. He admits he is angry that he got benched but thats natural for a competitor. He sounds happy that the Bills won, no real bitterness towards the staff or holcomb, which is a good thing.

http://www.buffalobills.com/player/?FILE_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/05audio/100905losman.rm&amp;proto=rtsp

The best thing about this is when a reported asks him how this affects his long term career. he laughs it off saying that this is just a minor set back and he expects to have a long career here.

kinigirly
10-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Thank you for a glimmer of positivity on this forum today :bf1:

TacklingDummy
10-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I PROMISE you he wont whine and demand a trade. Mark it down, etch it into stone, whatever you want.

Your right. He'll be cut. Who would trade for him?

Novacane
10-09-2005, 11:36 PM

A lot of teams would. NFL teams are not like moronic fans who say someone is a bust after playing 4 games

Mitchy moo
10-09-2005, 11:37 PM

Miami might after today's game, they have nothing to lose. :coocoo: