PDA

View Full Version : Second Half Offense...Look Familiar?

ParanoidAndroid
10-10-2005, 09:51 AM
On the first three possessions this happened...

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-6-MIA47</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(8:38) K.Holcomb sacked at BUF 43 for -10 yards (J.Taylor)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-2-MIA46</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(3:34) (Shotgun) K.Holcomb sacked at MIA 43 for 3 yards (J.Taylor). FUMBLES (J.Taylor), recovered by BUF-S.Williams at BUF 35. S.Williams to BUF 35 for no gain (J.Taylor).

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-3-BUF31</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(:57) K.Holcomb sacked at BUF 28 for -3 yards (R.Howard).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Manageable down and distance, zero time to throw.

We won and I'm happy. I love it when we beat Miami! However, it looks like another repeat of the last 3 years. Please get an O-line! Enough of the patchwork crap!

Holcomb was still better than JP. He clearly has better vision.

DynaPaul
10-10-2005, 09:54 AM
I was yelling about that while watching the game. Miami was lining up to blitz on 3rd and shorts and our idiot offensive coordinator is calling these goofy slow developing pass plays. We shoulda had some quick outs, slants, or curls for him to dump the ball off to. But no, we're gonna gamble on the o-line giving him protection there. DUMB!

Sportsuser101
10-10-2005, 10:01 AM
The 2 that Taylor got were credited to Mark Campbell. The Howard sack was credited to Shaud Williams. Nothing to do with the offensive lineman. They played well again.

Novacane
10-10-2005, 10:05 AM
The 2 that Taylor got were credited to Mark Campbell. The Howard sack was credited to Shaud Williams. Nothing to do with the offensive lineman. They played well again.

Who credited the Taylor sacks to Campbell? One he burned Gandy and the other Jerman.

BAM
10-10-2005, 10:09 AM
At least we finally got some points in the 4th quarter! 3 of 'em! :dance:

ParanoidAndroid
10-10-2005, 10:11 AM

huh?

Pride
10-10-2005, 10:25 AM
It was good to see the bills coaches finally realize that since we arent using TE's in the passing game, that we should put jason peters in there to block.

That said, I saw a lot of 3rd and 6's where we only had 5 linemen... and everyone in the stadium (except the coaches) knew that miami was sending 8 men.

OpIv37
10-10-2005, 11:01 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-2-MIA46</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(3:34) (Shotgun) K.Holcomb sacked at MIA 43 for 3 yards (J.Taylor). FUMBLES (J.Taylor), recovered by BUF-S.Williams at BUF 35. S.Williams to BUF 35 for no gain (J.Taylor).

On this play, Shaud went out as a wideout, creating a 5-wide set. Miami had 8 on the line. You do the math. It was a horrible play call by the coaches and Holcomb should have audible'd out.

mchurchfie
10-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Miami made successfull second half adjustments and our coaches never countered. Clemens blows.:down:

mchurchfie
10-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Who credited the Taylor sacks to Campbell? One he burned Gandy and the other Jerman.
:bf1:Those two got schooled.

BSXIII
10-10-2005, 11:23 AM
It's amazing that year after year, even though coaches, coordinators and players have changed, this team can not stop and burn a blitz. I watch a lot of games on my Sunday ticket, and it seems every other team will occasionly see the blitz coming, adjust, pick up the rushers, get the ball out quick to single coverage and make a big play. With this team it's at least 2 guys coming in untouched every time.

chernobylwraiths
10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I was yelling about that while watching the game. Miami was lining up to blitz on 3rd and shorts and our idiot offensive coordinator is calling these goofy slow developing pass plays. We shoulda had some quick outs, slants, or curls for him to dump the ball off to. But no, we're gonna gamble on the o-line giving him protection there. DUMB!

So, the QB can't see that and change the play? It goes both ways.

chernobylwraiths
10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
It's amazing that year after year, even though coaches, coordinators and players have changed, this team can not stop and burn a blitz. I watch a lot of games on my Sunday ticket, and it seems every other team will occasionly see the blitz coming, adjust, pick up the rushers, get the ball out quick to single coverage and make a big play. With this team it's at least 2 guys coming in untouched every time.

Dude, I can't rep you again.

They send eight, we have 5 out with 3 covering, you would think that at least ONE guy has to be open from the start.