PDA

View Full Version : Peters #86

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2005, 12:12 PM
That was him right? So he's a TE now/again?

Ebenezer
10-10-2005, 12:13 PM
That was him right? So he's a TE now/again?
I think they gave him that number because he played so much TE that they didn't want him to have to report every play. No need risking a penalty.

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 12:17 PM
I think they gave him that number because he played so much TE that they didn't want him to have to report every play. No need risking a penalty.My guess as well...Mike Williams suited up so they figured they wouldn't have to use him at T. There's every chance he could switch back to #71 once Euhus and Everett are healthy

OpIv37
10-10-2005, 12:29 PM
I think they gave him that number because he played so much TE that they didn't want him to have to report every play. No need risking a penalty.

last year he was penalized for not reporting as eligible, although he's played TE several times this year without a problem. It makes sense since they havent been using him as a lineman. It also makes sense to bring in someone else who can block since our O line is so bad and we're not throwing to Campbell anyway.

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Maybe they wanted to work in Sam Adams as an extra TE a little more (like they did) and they can't report 2 players as eligible wearing ineligible numbers? :idunno:

Ebenezer
10-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Maybe they wanted to work in Sam Adams as an extra TE a little more (like they did) and they can't report 2 players as eligible wearing ineligible numbers? :idunno:
not true...you can have two non-eligible numbers report.

Griz78
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Jason Peters = #48, #85, #71, #86 Good thing someone does not have his jersey.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Jason Peters = #48, #85, #71, #86 Good thing someone does not have his jersey.
I do. It comes with velcro numbers! :D

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
not true...you can have two non-eligible numbers report.Thanks..I wasn't sure about that...hence the '?' :up:

Dozerdog
10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
No wonder I couldn't find him from the stands - I thought he was injured or something :phew:

RedEyE
10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Your answer:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=right colSpan=3>
Josh McCarty (Edwardsville, IL): Jason Peters was wearing a tight end's number Sunday. Was this so he wouldn't have to report as an eligible receiver every time he came into goal line (thus eliminating the risk of a 5 yard penalty for failure to report), or is he now being considered a tight end on the depth chart?
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow2 align=right colSpan=3>
Tom Donahoe: Jason Peters did wear jersey 86 on Sunday. This was done primarily because he was in more situations offensively at the tight end position than at offensive tackle. It does eliminate the need for him to report but conversely if he has an 80 number on and goes into the game as offensive tackle he must report the number to play that position. Long term we see Jason as a very good offensive line prospect, but during the season we will utilize him in any way that he can help us win.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bert102176
10-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I think it's great that we have him on our team being that he is so versital