PDA

View Full Version : BILLS CAN TRADE FOR MATT SCHAUB!!!!!

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 02:57 PM
The falcons would be willing to part with this guy and he looked awesome yesterday. Look at these stats:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #000000"><TD colSpan=6>Atlanta Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>M. Schaub (http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5615)</TD><TD>18/34</TD><TD>298</TD><TD>8.8</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We need someone that can pass for 298 yds, and we have a much more loaded WR core than Atlanta. You can't say their OL is any better either, Vick runs for his life all the time and gets hurt at least once a year.

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="tablexlrg bi">#8 Matt Schaub | QB </TD><TD></TD><TD align=right>Roster: <SELECT class=tablesm id=url onchange=gotosite(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value) name=url><OPTION selected>Select Player</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8473>J. Babineaux</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1424>E. Beverly</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8314>D. Blakley</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8574>M. Boley</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1448>K. Brooking</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2039>K. Carpenter</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9208>A. Cash</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3700>C. Cash</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4615>B. Claxton</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1906>R. Coleman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2583>A. Crumpler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8542>C. Davis</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=321>T. Detmer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3546>T. Duckett</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1175>W. Dunn</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2048>B. Finneran</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2768>K. Forney</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4579>J. Griffith</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5533>D. Hall</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2675>E. Hartwell</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2485>R. Heard</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2832>S. Herndon</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5554>M. Jenkins</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1782>P. Kerney</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4591>A. King</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9263>M. Koenen</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4274>A. Lake</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5667>C. Lavalais</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9353>J. Leake</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2686>M. Lehr</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3689>O. Lowe</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1353>K. Mathis</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3676>K. McCadam</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1990>T. McClure</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=822>F. McCrary</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5758>C. Morton</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9342>C. Newton</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8577>F. Omiyale</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1464>J. Pathon</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=724>T. Peterson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2407>D. Rackley</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1535>I. Reese</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1638>A. Rossum</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5615>M. Schaub</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4513>B. Scott</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3746>K. Shaffer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8655>D. Shropshire</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1008>B. Smith</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1728>B. Stokes</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2549>M. Vick</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2179>J. Webster</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1477>T. Weiner</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2200>D. White</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8442>R. White</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5626>D. Williams</OPTION></SELECT><NOSCRIPT><INPUT type=submit value=GO onsubmit="gotosite(document.forms[0].url.options[document.forms[0].url.selectedIndex].value);return false"></NOSCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%"><TBODY><TR class=tablesm vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 75px">http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/statsid/s6849.jpg</TD><TD>Full Name: Matthew Rutledg Schaub
Born: June 25, 1981 Pittsburgh, PA

Height: 6-5
Weight: 237 lbs.
</TD><TD>Age: 24
Pos: QB
Experience: 2 years
College: Virginia
Drafted: Year:2004 Round:3 Pick:27, Falcons
</TD><TD>FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 0.3% (+0.1%)

Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
RAT 90.3 | YDS 337 | TD 3

If we can get this guy now for that extra draft pick and maybe someone extra that we can spare, I think we should run to the falcons. Did anyone see him play during the game?? I thought he looked great and very composed against NE. We need a guy like this, young but ready to play. JP is just young.

quotes:

Schaub, a second-year player from Virginia, completed 18-of-34 for 298 yards and didn't have any turnovers. Finneran caught five passes for 103 yards.
"I'm happy with the way I performed," Schaub said. "I thought I came out and made some good decisions and gave us a chance."

Matt Schaub (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6849) filled in admirably for the injured Vick, matching Brady's three TD passes, including a tying score with 3:52 remaining. Schaub threw a 14-yard TD to Dez White (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5098) and then went to Brian Finneran (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4946) for a two-point conversion.

Let me know what you think folks, he is available. Call TD and MM please, thanks.

Pride
10-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Horrible idea/post!

That's right... lets throw in the towel on JP after 4 games... gimme a freakin break!

NJFINSFAN1
10-10-2005, 03:00 PM
We see this same post for our team at Finheaven. But let me ask you this. Why would the Falcons trade him? The way Vick plays, he takes tons of hits and misses a game or more each year. They have none else that can fill in, Schaub is way to valuable to them. And if they did trade him, it would cost a ton in picks. At least a # 1 and maybe more. Plus you have JP who has played 4 games, he just needs time.

Devin
10-10-2005, 03:00 PM
While I agree Schaub is a very good QB (I watched him at Virginia) and he will likely be a starter next season somewhere.

JP is our man and will be.

Devin
10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Schaub is a free agent after this year, the Falcons would LOVE to trade him right now.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Horrible idea/post!

That's right... lets throw in the towel on JP after 4 games... gimme a freakin break!

We all make mistakes and TD/MM have to know when to eat one or two. They don't fade away and us the fans never let them forget. Mistakes are inevitable but if corrected and made up for, usually forgiven. JP is not going to help us anytime in the near future, he is no where near ready.

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 03:02 PM
We'll see what Holcomb or Losman do against New England in three weeks. Anyone want to bet it doesn't match Schaub's game?

Devin
10-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Comparing apples and oranges.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 03:04 PM
We'll see what Holcomb or Losman do against New England in three weeks. Anyone want to bet it doesn't match Schaub's game?Jon

That's what I was thinking, he played the world champs & this kid didn't even blink. We have done trades with the falcons before, we gave them that GEM, peerless. I think we might owe them for that alone. I would love to see a talented person at QB here, not a patchwork of emotions. You don't win championships without a leader. Right now the Bills have a bnch of cranky old vets.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 03:08 PM
We see this same post for our team at Finheaven. But let me ask you this. Why would the Falcons trade him? The way Vick plays, he takes tons of hits and misses a game or more each year. They have none else that can fill in, Schaub is way to valuable to them. And if they did trade him, it would cost a ton in picks. At least a # 1 and maybe more. Plus you have JP who has played 4 games, he just needs time.

I know Miami would love to see us without a real QB for as long as possible. When JP gets near 300 yds against NE, I'll say he stays. That day isn't coming for a long, long time.

Jayhawk
10-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Horrible idea/post!

so many people want the quick fix, and when it doesn't happen they'll want the next "it" thing. that's just life.

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 03:12 PM
"Comparing apples and oranges."

Oh really? How so? Losman was the 4th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Schaub was the 5th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Losman has looked clueless against Atlanta (ironically), New Orleans (yikes!), and Tampa Bay. Schaub came in and looked ready, polished, and savvy. Losman hasn't looked savvy, even in the Houston game. Losman hasn't shown us anything. Maybe it's like comparing apples and water? LOL...

As for Holcomb, we'll still see what he can do. He's a veteran, but I think it's pretty safe to say Schaub has more upside than Holcomb does.

It doesn't matter anyway with the vaunted offensive geniuses that we have running this team. They would never go for this. They'd rather be stubborn, give away the season, and piss everybody off instead. Oh yeah, and nobody would stand a chance with our piss poor excuse of an offensive line anyway.

I'm far from ready to give up on Losman. However, in general, it's a nice thought (not for mid-season, but as a free agent) to bring in another young guy for a reasonable price to have some healthy competition, let the best guy win etc., but it'll never happen or work. Our braintrust doesn't operate that way. It's too logical.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 03:15 PM
so many people want the quick fix, and when it doesn't happen they'll want the next "it" thing. that's just life.

We never had "it" in the first place, So please let us know when we get it. We were sold a bill of goods on nothing from TD, it sold more tickets and lined RW pockets so he smiles while the team complains. Personally I think the Salary cap is going up $15 Million next year and you'll have alot of hands out. I would like the Bills to put money in the players hands that can make us most successful, not in the one that makes TD look like he made a good decision. It's all about him anyways in the Bills world, isn't it?

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Better yet, I bet we could entice Vinny to jump ship over to us.

:down:

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 03:18 PM

Oh really? How so? Losman was the 4th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Schaub was the 5th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Losman has looked clueless against Atlanta (ironically), New Orleans (yikes!), and Tampa Bay. Schaub came in and looked ready, polished, and savvy. Losman hasn't looked savvy, even in the Houston game. Losman hasn't shown us anything. Maybe it's like comparing apples and water? LOL...

As for Holcomb, we'll still see what he can do. He's a veteran, but I think it's pretty safe to say Schaub has more upside than Holcomb does.

It doesn't matter anyway with the vaunted offensive geniuses that we have running this team. They would never go for this. They'd rather be stubborn, give away the season, and piss everybody off instead. Oh yeah, and nobody would stand a chance with our piss poor excuse of an offensive line anyway.

I'm far from ready to give up on Losman. However, in general, it's a nice thought (not for mid-season, but as a free agent) to bring in another young guy for a reasonable price to have some healthy competition, let the best guy win etc., but it'll never happen or work. Our braintrust doesn't operate that way. It's too logical.

We said basically the same thing at almost the same time, how funny.

Billzz
10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Takes a line to block and give the qb time to actually throw for 300 yards right? I mean did you actually watch the Atl/NE game or just posting from the stat page. We all know what a great picture stats make. Hell look at Marino's stats you'd think he won 2 superbowls, Elway did with crappier stats.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Takes a line to block and give the qb time to actually throw for 300 yards right? I mean did you actually watch the Atl/NE game or just posting from the stat page. We all know what a great picture stats make. Hell look at Marino's stats you'd think he won 2 superbowls, Elway did with crappier stats.

I was watching both games and thought MS looked great. I didn't really watch Atlanta on D much, just mostly MS on offense. He is a pretty big guy and reminded me of a cross of Ben R. with peyton manning. He really looked that good. Atlanta also dropped alot of Balls on him so the stats would have even been better. He also lead them back to tie, only to have the defense fail on him again. Look at his 4th quarter at home and think about ours. MS looked real determined and didn't care who he was playing against, he was going to win. We haven't seen that lately near the end of the games, huh?

New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons
<TABLE class=linescore><TBODY><TR class="innings bi"><TD class=teams style="WIDTH: 90px"> </TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">1st</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">2nd</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">3rd</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">4th</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 1px"></TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px"> </TD><TD colSpan=4> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=teams noWrap>NWE (3-2) </TD><TD id=bsAwayFirst>14</TD><TD id=bsAwaySecond>0</TD><TD id=bsAwayThird>14</TD><TD id=bsAwayFourth>3</TD><TD class=inn id=bsAwayOT></TD><TD class=bi id=bsAwayRuns>31</TD><TD class=inn style="WIDTH: 100px" colSpan=4 rowSpan=2>FINAL</TD></TR><TR><TD class=teams noWrap>ATL (3-2) </TD><TD id=bshomeFirst>0</TD><TD id=bshomeSecond>13</TD><TD id=bshomeThird>0</TD><TD id=bshomeFourth>15</TD><TD class=inn id=bsAwayOT></TD><TD class=bi id=bsHomeRuns>28</TD></TR><TR class="innings bi"><TD id=pResult style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" colSpan=11>October 9, 2005 - Georgia Dome</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Does anyone currently believe that the JP can lead them back from anything right now??

Jayhawk
10-10-2005, 03:35 PM
We never had "it" in the first place, So please let us know when we get it. We were sold a bill of goods on nothing from TD, it sold more tickets and lined RW pockets so he smiles while the team complains. Personally I think the Salary cap is going up $15 Million next year and you'll have alot of hands out. I would like the Bills to put money in the players hands that can make us most successful, not in the one that makes TD look like he made a good decision. It's all about him anyways in the Bills world, isn't it?
how long do you give a qb? answer that. It's not like JP came out as the second coming of YA tittle. he's going to have his bad games folks, for ****s sake. Jim Kelly had one or two, oh wait, that's blasphmy.

Akhippo
10-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Trading for a second string QB after one good showing. Ive got a first and a third plus 25 mill right now for that to happen.

HAMMER
10-10-2005, 03:38 PM

What makes you think the Falcons want to unload their
2nd string QB? They certainly aren't going to do it mid season. Not going to happen, no chance at all.

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 03:41 PM
"What makes you think the Falcons want to unload their 2nd string QB? They certainly aren't going to do it mid season. Not going to happen, no chance at all."

I agree. I posted this same question earlier. Skooby thinks they are ready to get rid of this guy for some reason. I was wondering if he heard it from somewhere.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
"What makes you think the Falcons want to unload their 2nd string QB? They certainly aren't going to do it mid season. Not going to happen, no chance at all."

I agree. I posted this same question earlier. Skooby thinks they are ready to get rid of this guy for some reason. I was wondering if he heard it from somewhere.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4978150

3. If I am a team that needs a quarterback in the offseason, I'd offer Rich McKay and the Atlanta Falcons a first round pick for Matt Schaub. What an impressive game for the second-year QB in the loss. Schaub, in the day's biggest spot subbing for Vick, looked better than most usually do trying to navigate against a Bill Belichick-coached defense. Schaub showed off his big arm, great fundamentals and led the Falcons to a late comeback against the Patriots. Schaub calmly stepped up and hit Dez White to make it 28-26 late in the fourth quarter, and then connected with Brian Finneran for the game-tying, two-point conversion on a perfectly timed play. The former University of Virginia QB finished with 298 yards and three touchdowns. If Vick's sprained MCL isn't 100 percent, there is no need for Jim Mora to roll the dice and exacerbate the injury. Schaub can flat out play. The Cardinals, Lions, Jets, Ravens and Dolphins, among others, should be pressing the Falcons for Schaub this spring.

Regardless of what some of you may think, we are in need of a QB for the future. What's wrong with a little competition??

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Nothing's wrong with competition, I wish they would bring it in. I'll pass on Schaub for a 1st round pick though. We have lots of holes to fill. If they can sign him affordably in free agency, yeah maybe.

NJFINSFAN1
10-10-2005, 04:15 PM

3. If I am a team that needs a quarterback in the offseason, I'd offer Rich McKay and the Atlanta Falcons a first round pick for Matt Schaub. What an impressive game for the second-year QB in the loss. Schaub, in the day's biggest spot subbing for Vick, looked better than most usually do trying to navigate against a Bill Belichick-coached defense. Schaub showed off his big arm, great fundamentals and led the Falcons to a late comeback against the Patriots. Schaub calmly stepped up and hit Dez White to make it 28-26 late in the fourth quarter, and then connected with Brian Finneran for the game-tying, two-point conversion on a perfectly timed play. The former University of Virginia QB finished with 298 yards and three touchdowns. If Vick's sprained MCL isn't 100 percent, there is no need for Jim Mora to roll the dice and exacerbate the injury. Schaub can flat out play. The Cardinals, Lions, Jets, Ravens and Dolphins, among others, should be pressing the Falcons for Schaub this spring.

Regardless of what some of you may think, we are in need of a QB for the future. What's wrong with a little competition??

Reading this makes it sound like he is not a free Agent after the season like I thought. The Fins won't give up a # 1, and the Bills will not with Losman and a still kind of young Holcomb.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Reading this makes it sound like he is not a free Agent after the season like I thought. The Fins won't give up a # 1, and the Bills will not with Losman and a still kind of young Holcomb.

How about you take losman and give the #1 to us to use for MS, deal??

colin
10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
i really don't think JP will ever be as good as shuab, he has a long way to go.

shaub has shown some ability and stepped in and played well, JP losman needs excuses and time to learn the game.

i'd trade them straight up, would have been nice if we just drafted him in the first place instead of trading picks for a lesser player

EDS
10-10-2005, 06:09 PM
i really don't think JP will ever be as good as shuab, he has a long way to go.

shaub has shown some ability and stepped in and played well, JP losman needs excuses and time to learn the game.

i'd trade them straight up, would have been nice if we just drafted him in the first place instead of trading picks for a lesser player

Do you not remember the circumstances which brought Rob Johnson to Buffalo? A great fame as a back-up QB made everyone think he was the next great thing. Turns out, not so much.

Lots of one hit wonders out there:

1. Timmie Smith, RB, Redskins - one great game in the superbowl no less and nothing. The ultimate one hit wonder.

2. Ron Johnson - see above.

3. A.J. Feeley - See Dolphins (they gave up a high draft pick for him after he looked good in a few games for the Eagles).

4. Dan Johnson - (or was it Doug?) another former Vick back-up who looked good in relief only to fizzle later.

5. Alvin Harper - Good receiver for the Comboys but never did anything after the trade.

6. Peerless Price - one good season got him lots of money and the Bills Willis McGahee. Atlanta would like that one back.

7. Shawn King - Looked good in limited action for the Bucs but was nothing with the Cards.

Those are off the top of my head, but I am sure people can come up with others.

It is way too early to say a player with a few starts under their belt is destined for the hall of fame. We don’t know, no one does. It is too early to give up on JP. Steve Young, Vinny Testaverde, Brett Farve (with Atlanta), and others looked pretty terrible early in their careers, but each turned out pretty well. Give it some time.

AndreReed83
10-10-2005, 06:58 PM

So, he came in and played one very good game? Big deal. The Falcons didn't do very good in the running game, the pass was open. Schaub had a start at the end of last season and he stunk it up in that game. I'd be super pissed at TD if he traded a 1st round pick for a former 2nd rounder (is that when he was drafted?) after he had one good start.

Sportsuser101
10-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Why in the world would the Falcons give up on Matt Schaub? Vick gets hurt at least 3 times a year.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Why in the world would the Falcons give up on Matt Schaub? Vick gets hurt at least 3 times a year.

why not, they have other needs.

Jayhawk
10-10-2005, 09:33 PM
oh so it's smart to trade an experienced backup so when he goes down, the Falcons tank? wow you are the smartest poster ever.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 09:37 PM
oh so it's smart to trade an experienced backup so when he goes down, the Falcons tank? wow you are the smartest poster ever.

Hey, atlanta has said he is available.

chernobylwraiths
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
How is a guy drafted only a year and a half ago going to be a FA next season? At the very least, he would be a restricted FA.

finsrclowns
10-10-2005, 10:13 PM
a) they'd want a 1st rounder for him
b) for better or for worse we're committed to developing Losman.

As a side note I wrote TD a note before the draft 2 years ago recommending Schaub. I told him I thought he was smart, productive, had good size and was only being downgraded because of arm strength concerns, but that they also said the same about Tom Brady. TD wrote back that they didn't consider Schaub a starting prospect. Oh well. He would have only cost a 3rd then.

Ickybaluky
10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
How is a guy drafted only a year and a half ago going to be a FA next season? At the very least, he would be a restricted FA.

He signed a 3-year deal as a rookie. He will be a restricted free agent after the 2006 season. His earliest chance at unrestricted FA after the 2007 season.

camelcowboy
10-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Falcons need schaub, vick can't stay healthy. JP is going to be a QB, the bills aren't going to pull the plug on the kid after 4 games, unlike most of you.... ill just stop there.

vicmantak
10-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Sorry but this thread doesn't makes any sense.
When are we going to learn from past experiences?
Isn't it enough with the following fakes:

1. Rob Johnson (Jags drafted Fred Taylor)
2. J.P. Losman (Cowboys drafted Julius Jones and Marcus Spears)

In other words, Bills in 1998 lost the opportunity to sign a FA like Jeff Blake and draft at least the following players:
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>9.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Jacksonville (from Buffalo)</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Fred Taylor</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Running Back</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Florida</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>10.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Baltimore</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Duane Starks</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Cornerback</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Miami</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>11.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Philadelphia</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Tra Thomas</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Tackle</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Florida St.</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>12.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Atlanta</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Keith Brooking</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Linebacker</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Georgia Tech</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>13.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Cincinnati</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Takeo Spikes</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Linebacker</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>14.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Carolina</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Jason Peter</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Def. Tackle</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Nebraska</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>15.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Seattle</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Anthony Simmons</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Linebacker</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Clemson</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>16.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Tennessee</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Kevin Dyson</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Wide Receiver</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Utah</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>17.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Cincinnati (from Wash.)</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Brian Simmons</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Linebacker</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>North Carolina</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>18.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>New England (from Jets)</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Robert Edwards</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Running Back</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Georgia</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>19.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>GREEN BAY (from Miami)</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Vonnie Holliday</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Def. Tackle</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>North Carolina</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>20.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Detroit</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Terry Fair</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Cornerback</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Tennessee</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>21.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Minnesota</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Randy Moss</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Wide Receiver</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Marshall</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>22.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>New England</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>TeBucky Jones</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Cornerback</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Syracuse</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>23.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Oakland (from Tampa Bay)</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Mo Collins</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Off. Tackle</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Florida</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>24.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>New York Giants</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Shaun Williams</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Safety</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>UCLA</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>25.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Jacksonville</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Donovin Darius</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Safety</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Syracuse</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>26.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Pittsburgh</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Alan Faneca</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Guard</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>LSU</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>27.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Kansas City</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Victor Riley</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Off. Tackle</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>28.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>San Francisco</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>R.W. McQuarters</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Cornerback</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Oklahoma State</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>29.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Miami (from Green Bay)</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>John Avery</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Running Back</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Mississippi</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>30.</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Denver</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Marcus Nash</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Wide Receiver</TD><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Tennessee</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and then, anyone knows the 2005 history...

The_Philster
10-11-2005, 04:50 AM
2. J.P. Losman (Cowboys drafted Julius Jones and Marcus Spears)How is that a fake? It's way too soon for that...if the Colts followed that line of thinking, Peyton Manning wouldn't be still be their QB

Jan Reimers
10-11-2005, 05:35 AM
Horrible idea/post!

Man, that says it all. I have no earthly idea why we would give up on JP when he has barely begun his career.

You don't even have to go back in history to see how ridiculous this is. Eli Manning was something like 1-8 after the Giants installed him as their starter last season, and he really stunk it up in several of those losses. But he got the necessary experience and he's doing a great job this year.

Similarly, Alex Smith was abominable in his first start last week. Does anyone think the Niners will throw in the towel on him after 2 or 3 more bad starts?

Captain gameboy
10-11-2005, 07:14 AM
I live in Charlottesville and have seen Shaub countless times.

The rap on him is that he doesn&#180;t have NFL arm strength, (where have we heard that before), and very little mobility.

I think JP has much greater upside, but, unfortunately, a much shallower learning curve.

Matt Shaub is Frank Reich.

I don&#180;t see Atlanta giving him up, and he doesn&#180;t strike me as the kind of guy who would chase money just for money&#180;s sake. He is a very bright, good kid and I know he is extremely comfortable in Atlanta in the present environment.

Either way, he&#180;s a system guy. I didn&#180;t think he was first round material after his senior year, and I still don&#180;t.

mysticsoto
10-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Skooby, it's a nice idea and sure...competition is always good, but we don't really need another QB. What we really need is a line that can actually do their job, opening holes for McGahee and protecting the QB and giving JP time to throw when needed. A working line right now could take us SO much farther than a new QB...

Dozerdog
10-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Schaub is a free agent after this year, the Falcons would LOVE to trade him right now.He is a restricted free agent.

They could give him the max RFA offer sheet (under 2 million and if anyone else offered more, they give up a first (and I think) a 3rd for him.

I beleive Atlanta will want to keep him around another year anyway- Vick does get nicked up

BillsFever21
10-11-2005, 10:01 AM
One game doesn't make a career and 4 games doesn't break it either.

For one gamers see Rob Johnson

For more then 4 gamers see guys like Young, Favre, Eli Manning and Drew Brees.

I guess the 49ers should give up on Alex Smith after this year too. Did you see how bad he was on Sunday? Worse then you could have imagined Losman has done.

HAMMER
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey, atlanta has said he is available.
Dude, time to pack in your argument, it has no legs.

Kerr
10-11-2005, 12:30 PM
1) JP is our qb of the future. They won't give up on after a few games.

2) Shaub is more of a WCO system qb. We've tried a WCO approach in B-lo, and it didn't work.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
1) JP is our qb of the future. They won't give up on after a few games.

2) Shaub is more of a WCO system qb. We've tried a WCO approach in B-lo, and it didn't work.

Your guys are making good points, very good points. I seen the QB mentality at work, it's something JP currently lacks. That doesn't mean he won't get it but MS has it now.

DraftBoy
10-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I live in Atlanta and their a few things that Skooby is leaving out about Scahub that are key to both his success in his career and his success last Sunday.

1) NE and Belicheck were gameplanning for Vick all week bc it was not announced until early Sunday morning that Vick would not be playing. Thus the defense was alot more concentrated on stopping the run as shown in the game. The annoucers made reference to this countless times.

2) Atlanta has the EXACT same system that Schaub played in under Al Groh at UVA. Its a big reason why he looks so good. He has not yet had to try and learn a new system and may be a big reason why nobody has seen him struggle yet.

Now saying this I think Schaub could be a decent starter someday, but by no means is he ready, and by no means is he worth a 1st rounder, Id have a hard time giving up more than an early 3rd. Just my opinion from a guy who follows the Falcons.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2005, 04:31 PM
ouch,

Bledsoe, 33, is the highest-rated quarterback in the NFC with a 102.0 passer’s rating. He has thrown for 10 touchdowns and has been intercepted just three times.

Maybe we need OL?

JD
10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Horrible idea/post!

no...get rid of holcomb and pick up this guy.

chernobylwraiths
10-11-2005, 09:15 PM
He signed a 3-year deal as a rookie. He will be a restricted free agent after the 2006 season. His earliest chance at unrestricted FA after the 2007 season.

Thank you. I figured he was signed for at least three years.

Mitchy moo
01-03-2006, 12:41 PM
it's about time that the local press picked this up, matt looked great when I watched that game.

dannyek71
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Im not saying he is RJ, but getting him would sound alot like what we did to get RJ...Similar situation

Crisis
01-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Schaub is a WCO QB.

Unless we get someone in here who can run it, Schaub in Buffalo is a pipedream at best.

X-Era
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
The falcons would be willing to part with this guy and he looked awesome yesterday. Look at these stats:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #000000"><TD colSpan=6>Atlanta Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>M. Schaub (http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5615)</TD><TD>18/34</TD><TD>298</TD><TD>8.8</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We need someone that can pass for 298 yds, and we have a much more loaded WR core than Atlanta. You can't say their OL is any better either, Vick runs for his life all the time and gets hurt at least once a year.

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="tablexlrg bi">#8 Matt Schaub | QB </TD><TD></TD><TD align=right>Roster: <SELECT class=tablesm id=url onchange=gotosite(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value) name=url><OPTION selected>Select Player</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8473>J. Babineaux</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1424>E. Beverly</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8314>D. Blakley</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8574>M. Boley</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1448>K. Brooking</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2039>K. Carpenter</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9208>A. Cash</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3700>C. Cash</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4615>B. Claxton</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1906>R. Coleman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2583>A. Crumpler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8542>C. Davis</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=321>T. Detmer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3546>T. Duckett</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1175>W. Dunn</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2048>B. Finneran</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2768>K. Forney</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4579>J. Griffith</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5533>D. Hall</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2675>E. Hartwell</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2485>R. Heard</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2832>S. Herndon</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5554>M. Jenkins</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1782>P. Kerney</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4591>A. King</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9263>M. Koenen</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4274>A. Lake</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5667>C. Lavalais</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9353>J. Leake</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2686>M. Lehr</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3689>O. Lowe</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1353>K. Mathis</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3676>K. McCadam</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1990>T. McClure</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=822>F. McCrary</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5758>C. Morton</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9342>C. Newton</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8577>F. Omiyale</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1464>J. Pathon</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=724>T. Peterson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2407>D. Rackley</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1535>I. Reese</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1638>A. Rossum</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5615>M. Schaub</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4513>B. Scott</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3746>K. Shaffer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8655>D. Shropshire</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1008>B. Smith</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1728>B. Stokes</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2549>M. Vick</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2179>J. Webster</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1477>T. Weiner</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2200>D. White</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8442>R. White</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5626>D. Williams</OPTION></SELECT><NOSCRIPT><INPUT type=submit value=GO onsubmit="gotosite(document.forms[0].url.options[document.forms[0].url.selectedIndex].value);return false"></NOSCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%"><TBODY><TR class=tablesm vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 75px">http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/statsid/s6849.jpg</TD><TD>Full Name: Matthew Rutledg Schaub
Born: June 25, 1981 Pittsburgh, PA

Height: 6-5
Weight: 237 lbs.

</TD><TD>Age: 24
Pos: QB
Experience: 2 years
College: Virginia
Drafted: Year:2004 Round:3 Pick:27, Falcons

</TD><TD>FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 0.3% (+0.1%)

Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
RAT 90.3 | YDS 337 | TD 3

If we can get this guy now for that extra draft pick and maybe someone extra that we can spare, I think we should run to the falcons. Did anyone see him play during the game?? I thought he looked great and very composed against NE. We need a guy like this, young but ready to play. JP is just young.

quotes:

Schaub, a second-year player from Virginia, completed 18-of-34 for 298 yards and didn't have any turnovers. Finneran caught five passes for 103 yards.
"I'm happy with the way I performed," Schaub said. "I thought I came out and made some good decisions and gave us a chance."

Matt Schaub (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6849) filled in admirably for the injured Vick, matching Brady's three TD passes, including a tying score with 3:52 remaining. Schaub threw a 14-yard TD to Dez White (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5098) and then went to Brian Finneran (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4946) for a two-point conversion.

Let me know what you think folks, he is available. Call TD and MM please, thanks.

Thanks but no thanks.

If we trade for a QB, it better be a proven playoff or SB caliper QB, not another teams backup.

pleasesavedrew
01-03-2006, 01:44 PM
The last thnig this team needs is another ok qb, we've already got 2.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 10:23 AM
I started this idea a long long time ago

FlyingDutchman
03-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Im not saying he is RJ, but getting him would sound alot like what we did to get RJ...Similar situation

Exactly. Lets not go down this road again and just have some time and patience with JP.

Kerr
03-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I've heard the falcons aren't willing to trade him under any circumstances.