• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

BILLS CAN TRADE FOR MATT SCHAUB!!!!!

The falcons would be willing to part with this guy and he looked awesome yesterday. Look at these stats:

Atlanta Passing
    C/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
    M. Schaub18/342988.830

We need someone that can pass for 298 yds, and we have a much more loaded WR core than Atlanta. You can't say their OL is any better either, Vick runs for his life all the time and gets hurt at least once a year.

#8 Matt Schaub | QB Roster:
    Full Name: Matthew Rutledg Schaub
    Born: June 25, 1981 Pittsburgh, PA

Height: 6-5
    Weight: 237 lbs.
    Pos: QB
    Experience: 2 years
    College: Virginia
    Drafted: Year:2004 Round:3 Pick:27, Falcons
    FANTASY
    Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
    NFL: 0.3% (+0.1%)

Avg. Draft Position:
    NFL: Undrafted

RAT 90.3 | YDS 337 | TD 3

If we can get this guy now for that extra draft pick and maybe someone extra that we can spare, I think we should run to the falcons. Did anyone see him play during the game?? I thought he looked great and very composed against NE. We need a guy like this, young but ready to play. JP is just young.

quotes:

Schaub, a second-year player from Virginia, completed 18-of-34 for 298 yards and didn't have any turnovers. Finneran caught five passes for 103 yards.
    "I'm happy with the way I performed," Schaub said. "I thought I came out and made some good decisions and gave us a chance."

Matt Schaub filled in admirably for the injured Vick, matching Brady's three TD passes, including a tying score with 3:52 remaining. Schaub threw a 14-yard TD to Dez White and then went to Brian Finneran for a two-point conversion.

Let me know what you think folks, he is available. Call TD and MM please, thanks.
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: BILLS CAN TRADE FOR MATT SCHAUB!!!!!

Horrible idea/post!

That's right... lets throw in the towel on JP after 4 games... gimme a freakin break!

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
      NJ In The House
      • Nov 2004

We see this same post for our team at Finheaven. But let me ask you this. Why would the Falcons trade him? The way Vick plays, he takes tons of hits and misses a game or more each year. They have none else that can fill in, Schaub is way to valuable to them. And if they did trade him, it would cost a ton in picks. At least a # 1 and maybe more. Plus you have JP who has played 4 games, he just needs time.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

While I agree Schaub is a very good QB (I watched him at Virginia) and he will likely be a starter next season somewhere.

JP is our man and will be.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Schaub is a free agent after this year, the Falcons would LOVE to trade him right now.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Pride
            Horrible idea/post!

That's right... lets throw in the towel on JP after 4 games... gimme a freakin break!
            We all make mistakes and TD/MM have to know when to eat one or two. They don't fade away and us the fans never let them forget. Mistakes are inevitable but if corrected and made up for, usually forgiven. JP is not going to help us anytime in the near future, he is no where near ready.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

We'll see what Holcomb or Losman do against New England in three weeks. Anyone want to bet it doesn't match Schaub's game?

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                  We'll see what Holcomb or Losman do against New England in three weeks. Anyone want to bet it doesn't match Schaub's game?Jon
                  That's what I was thinking, he played the world champs & this kid didn't even blink. We have done trades with the falcons before, we gave them that GEM, peerless. I think we might owe them for that alone. I would love to see a talented person at QB here, not a patchwork of emotions. You don't win championships without a leader. Right now the Bills have a bnch of cranky old vets.
                  Last edited by Mitchy moo; 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by NJFINSFAN1
                    We see this same post for our team at Finheaven. But let me ask you this. Why would the Falcons trade him? The way Vick plays, he takes tons of hits and misses a game or more each year. They have none else that can fill in, Schaub is way to valuable to them. And if they did trade him, it would cost a ton in picks. At least a # 1 and maybe more. Plus you have JP who has played 4 games, he just needs time.
                    I know Miami would love to see us without a real QB for as long as possible. When JP gets near 300 yds against NE, I'll say he stays. That day isn't coming for a long, long time.

Comment

• Jayhawk
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Pride
                      Horrible idea/post!

so many people want the quick fix, and when it doesn't happen they'll want the next "it" thing. that's just life.
                      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

"Comparing apples and oranges."

Oh really? How so? Losman was the 4th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Schaub was the 5th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Losman has looked clueless against Atlanta (ironically), New Orleans (yikes!), and Tampa Bay. Schaub came in and looked ready, polished, and savvy. Losman hasn't looked savvy, even in the Houston game. Losman hasn't shown us anything. Maybe it's like comparing apples and water? LOL...

As for Holcomb, we'll still see what he can do. He's a veteran, but I think it's pretty safe to say Schaub has more upside than Holcomb does.

It doesn't matter anyway with the vaunted offensive geniuses that we have running this team. They would never go for this. They'd rather be stubborn, give away the season, and piss everybody off instead. Oh yeah, and nobody would stand a chance with our piss poor excuse of an offensive line anyway.

I'm far from ready to give up on Losman. However, in general, it's a nice thought (not for mid-season, but as a free agent) to bring in another young guy for a reasonable price to have some healthy competition, let the best guy win etc., but it'll never happen or work. Our braintrust doesn't operate that way. It's too logical.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jayhawk
                          so many people want the quick fix, and when it doesn't happen they'll want the next "it" thing. that's just life.
                          We never had "it" in the first place, So please let us know when we get it. We were sold a bill of goods on nothing from TD, it sold more tickets and lined RW pockets so he smiles while the team complains. Personally I think the Salary cap is going up $15 Million next year and you'll have alot of hands out. I would like the Bills to put money in the players hands that can make us most successful, not in the one that makes TD look like he made a good decision. It's all about him anyways in the Bills world, isn't it?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Better yet, I bet we could entice Vinny to jump ship over to us.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                              "Comparing apples and oranges."

Oh really? How so? Losman was the 4th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Schaub was the 5th QB taken in the 2004 draft. Losman has looked clueless against Atlanta (ironically), New Orleans (yikes!), and Tampa Bay. Schaub came in and looked ready, polished, and savvy. Losman hasn't looked savvy, even in the Houston game. Losman hasn't shown us anything. Maybe it's like comparing apples and water? LOL...

As for Holcomb, we'll still see what he can do. He's a veteran, but I think it's pretty safe to say Schaub has more upside than Holcomb does.

It doesn't matter anyway with the vaunted offensive geniuses that we have running this team. They would never go for this. They'd rather be stubborn, give away the season, and piss everybody off instead. Oh yeah, and nobody would stand a chance with our piss poor excuse of an offensive line anyway.

I'm far from ready to give up on Losman. However, in general, it's a nice thought (not for mid-season, but as a free agent) to bring in another young guy for a reasonable price to have some healthy competition, let the best guy win etc., but it'll never happen or work. Our braintrust doesn't operate that way. It's too logical.
                              We said basically the same thing at almost the same time, how funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X