PDA

View Full Version : A New Reason Tom Donahoe Sucks.....

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 03:36 PM
The only true, worthwhile, bona fide playmakers that Tom Donahoe has signed to help this team since September of 2003 are Willis McGahee and Troy Vincent. Think about it. Lawyer Milloy was a major upgrade in the beginning of the 2003 season. Besides that, he's done almost nothing. That's two whole seasons, and two whole offseasons of little to no improvement. Vincent is a wash with Antoine Winfield for all intents and purposes. Everyone talks about how great Tom Donahoe is and how many great guys he has signed, who has he gone out and gotten that makes this team significantly better right away since 9/03?

The jury is still out on Losman, he's a project, but we knew he wouldn't have an immediate impact anyway. McGee is a legitimately good pick as a mid-round pick. Pat Williams was let go. Jonas Jennings was let go. Ruben Brown was let go. Drew Bledsoe was let go. Travis Henry was traded for a 3rd round pick next year.

Just some observations. Discuss.

Pride
10-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Thats only 1 offseason dude.

Akhippo
10-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Actually a good observation would be to put up a side by side comparison of the team we had with such starters as Brandon Spoon and todays team. Just off memory, I think were way better off today.

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 03:43 PM
No it's not. 2003 offseason Spikes and co. were brought in. Milloy was signed before Week 1. We go 6-10 that season. McGahee is drafted during the 2004 offseason. Vincent is signed, Winfield is let go. Ruben Brown is let go. Villarial is brought in (whoopee!). J.P. Losman is drafted. We go 9-7. 2005 offseason has Jonas Jennings being let go, Bledsoe, Pat Williams, and Tucker (yeah, he's not great, but he's better than some of the clowns out there). That's two whole seasons and two whole offseasons with little to no impact players.

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 03:46 PM
"Actually a good observation would be to put up a side by side comparison of the team we had with such starters as Brandon Spoon and todays team. Just off memory, I think were way better off today."

How many times have we made the playoffs between now and then? How long has it been? Donahoe rules!

Billzz
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM
"Actually a good observation would be to put up a side by side comparison of the team we had with such starters as Brandon Spoon and todays team. Just off memory, I think were way better off today."

How many times have we made the playoffs between now and then? How long has it been? Donahoe rules!

Ummmmmmmm rofl.

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM
technically, Willis was drafted in 2003

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 03:51 PM
You're right Phil! All he's signed from 9/03 on that is an IMPACT playmaker is Troy Vincent, and he was replacing Antoine Winfield anyway. That's over TWO YEARS AGO! Where's the progress? He gets some bonus points for McGee and Evans in the draft, but where are the signings? Bledsoe let go, Williams let go, Winfield let go, Ruben Brown let go, Jonas Jennings let go. Where are the replacements? The upgrades? The playmakers?

My point is that this team was not a playoff team in Donahoe's first two + years when he was MAKING some moves, and for the last two + years he has almost completely sat on his hands and done almost nothing.

OpIv37
10-10-2005, 04:39 PM
letting winfield go didn't hurt us at all. But you're right- he has not brought in anyone of note in the last two off-seasons (arguably Milloy). Not re-signing or replacing Williams was just stupid. JJ wanted too much money so I'm glad we didn't keep him but dammit, REPLACE HIM. Our line is made up of Chicago and Miami's rejects and one overpaid draft pick.

I didn't expect another Spikes or Vincent in this past off-season, but I was shocked at the almost total lack of activity. Our team was so close last year and I don't know why TD didn't do ANYTHING to try to clear that final hurdle and make the playoffs.

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Milloy was THREE offseasons ago......

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 04:43 PM
BTW, is Mike Williams ever going to play, or is he going to steal $10 million from us this year? He suits up this week only because Villarial was (sniff, sniff) not feeling well. Williams played on the punt and field goal teams. What is that all about? He'll only suit up and play a little banged up if there is no depth, and then he'll only play special teams? Get on the field and earn your paycheck, take a pay cut, or be shown the door!

BillsFever21
10-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Williams has been an awful pick but hindsight is 20/20.

I'm still mad we beat Carolina that season. Had we lost we could've draft Julius Peppers instead of Mike Williams.