PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Tom Donahoe Scapegoats for 2005

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Let's have a little fun with this one. Here are Tom Donahoe's proposed excuses for this season if we indeed fail to make the playoffs again.

10. "The room under the salary cap has been too tight to sign anyone of any impact. We should have much more flexibility under the salary cap next year."

9. "The draft choices need time to grow into starter/impact roles."

8. "The game plans by the coaching staff were too predictable and disappointing."

7. "The offensive line needs more time to gel. With a whole offseason together under their belt, they should get off to a good start next year."

6. "The defensive line underachieved and needs more time for the youngsters to gel with the veterans."

5. "The defense didn't live up their hype as the 'greatest defense of all time.'"

4. "We had a tougher schedule this year than we originally anticipated. There were a lot of really good ball clubs we had to play."

3. "We had too many injuries at key positions to overcome."

2. "J.P. Losman needs more time to develop. He had some valuable playing time that will surely aid his development. We didn't know he needed 'man pills' before the season."

1. "Tom Clements didn't get it done as offensive coordinator. Our top priority is to bring in a new guy who can effectively utilize our offensive talent."

I'm still cheering and still have the faith, but is this that far off?

Mitchy moo
10-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Let's have a little fun with this one. Here are Tom Donahoe's proposed excuses for this season if we indeed fail to make the playoffs again.

10. "The room under the salary cap has been too tight to sign anyone of any impact. We should have much more flexibility under the salary cap next year."

9. "The draft choices need time to grow into starter/impact roles."

8. "The game plans by the coaching staff were too predictable and disappointing."

7. "The offensive line needs more time to gel. With a whole offseason together under their belt, they should get off to a good start next year."

6. "The defensive line underachieved and needs more time for the youngsters to gel with the veterans."

5. "The defense didn't live up their hype as the 'greatest defense of all time.'"

4. "We had a tougher schedule this year than we originally anticipated. There were a lot of really good ball clubs we had to play."

3. "We had too many injuries at key positions to overcome."

2. "J.P. Losman needs more time to develop. He had some valuable playing time that will surely aid his development. We didn't know he needed 'man pills' before the season."

1. "Tom Clements didn't get it done as offensive coordinator. Our top priority is to bring in a new guy who can effectively utilize our offensive talent."

I'm still cheering and still have the faith, but is this that far off?

No, I think your right on. It's predictable stuff though!!

AndreReed83
10-10-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm starting to tire of Donahoe myself. I still think he is doing a decent job, but if we are going to take the next step, we need someone in here who will finally start spending some money are parts we need, even if we overspend just a LITTLE bit. I was looking through some of the Classic Threads last night, and I find it funny that only back in 2003 that there were numerous posts of, "Donahoe has yet to make a bad move." Stuff liek that.

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 04:16 PM
People were saying Donahoe was a genius THIS offseason!

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
"The flavor of this year's Kool-Aid will be.....GRAPE! Drink and be blind.":boozer:

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Good one Mr. C.

jamze132
10-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Donahoe Scapegoats...

"At least we traded Travis Henry before he got suspended."

"I just don't understand what all the hype was about this kid from Tulane."

"Hey everyone, I just wanted to inform you that I received a very nice postcard from Hawaii. Does anyone know who D.B. is???"

Mudflap1
10-10-2005, 05:52 PM
LOL!!!!! That's great!!!

DynaPaul
10-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Someone save that top 10 list so we can read it this offseason, if Donahoe is still here, and compare it to his new line of bulls**t.