PDA

View Full Version : So boys and girls

Devin
10-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Miami is playing the Bucs next week (away) and im to lazy to look up who NE is playing.

With a win over the Jets the Blue and Red express could see them selves right back in the thick of things.

Do we start Holcomb?

RedEyE
10-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I've been thinking about this as well. The Bucs offense looked mediocre against the Jets D (without Cadillac). Griese just didn't have a great day.

On one hand, I say put Losman back in and see how he reacts. It would be nice to have Losman's legs with rollouts and bootlegs....

On the other hand, I say go with what's working right now and try to finally build momentum....

Regardless of who Mularkey chooses to throw the ball, the game plan should be to run the ball 27-33 times.

The_Philster
10-10-2005, 08:47 PM
the game plan would be the key..I really think Clemens is so in love with JP's physical abilities that he's getting ahead of himself and putting too much of the game on his shoulders too soon

Devin
10-10-2005, 08:53 PM
The big thing is staying calm, they said numerous times Sunday (and I agree) the problem with JP is he gets so wound up and excited he just makes bonehead plays. Holcomb was calm and relaxed and our offense played just the way it should.

The catch is JP will only learn that with experience.

BAM
10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
You gotta go with Holcomb.

Devin
10-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I really want JP's growing pains over with cause I really like the kid and think hes our future, but that being said we have a great team here this year and I think if Holcomb plays wel against the Jets and gets us going we may have no choice but to stick with him.

juice
10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
What kind' question is that Dev?

If you want a possible team revolt.. start JPL

If you want a good shot at a team win.. start KH.:calm:

YardRat
10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
New England is at Denver...

Devin
10-10-2005, 09:29 PM
What kind' question is that Dev?

If you want a possible team revolt.. start JPL

If you want a good shot at a team win.. start KH.:calm:

I agree, just curious about others. Im a big Losman fan and cant wait to see him get it going.

G. Host
10-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Miami is playing the Bucs next week (away) and im to lazy to look up who NE is playing.

With a win over the Jets the Blue and Red express could see them selves right back in the thick of things.

Do we start Holcomb?

Of course. It is an AFC-East game. Experiment when we play NFC teams, in mop up time or when we are out of playoffs.
Oh if you want to see who is playing any week quickly:
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/2005_Calendar/2005_AFCE_Schedule.html
but New England is at Tampa Bay

juice
10-10-2005, 10:09 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Just jerking your chain Dev.. Interesting topic:up:

Good Link G. Host:up:
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I agree, just curious about others. Im a big Losman fan and cant wait to see him get it going.Good topic Dev

Jan Reimers
10-11-2005, 06:40 AM
I love Losman, too, and think it was a mistake to sit him down. But if the "brain trust" doesn't start Holcomb after a win, they will look more stupid, confused and inept than they already do - which is nearly impossible.

Historian
10-11-2005, 07:08 AM
I love Losman, too, and think it was a mistake to sit him down. But if the "brain trust" doesn't start Holcomb after a win, they will look more stupid, confused and inept than they already do - which is nearly impossible.

I agree.

If Flutie-Johnson taught us anything, it was to go with the hot hand.

Well...sort of.

The King
10-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Juice is right, starting JP would cause a revolt. We play Holcomb until he gets hurt or we are out of the playoffs. I think it might be logical to think about using JP as Mularkey used to used Kordell in certain situations where you might to want put the D on their heels. The key is Losman being comfortable.

mysticsoto
10-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Juice is right, starting JP would cause a revolt. We play Holcomb until he gets hurt or we are out of the playoffs. I think it might be logical to think about using JP as Mularkey used to used Kordell in certain situations where you might to want put the D on their heels. The key is Losman being comfortable.

Yes, that's probably true about how starting JP might cause a revolt...in truth, I don't think it matters which one we start this week. I think this week will be McGahee's week to shine. The Jets run D is somewhat suspect and they were able to beat TB b'cse of Cadillac being out. Their current deficiencies tailor to us well. On the other side, they will need to use Curtis Martin alot to beat us. Given that his backup, Blaylock is out, rookie Cedrick Houston will have to spell Martin from time to time. Unless he ends up being another Willie Parker, we should have the advantage there. We will need to disguise our blitzes better against Vinny and should be able to get to him atleast a few times...

camelcowboy
10-11-2005, 08:28 AM
New England is at Denver...

Think denver has a shot to beat them. At least i hope

camelcowboy
10-11-2005, 08:30 AM

I think JP, could have won that game.

The_Philster
10-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I think JP, could have won that game.
ditto..so long as Clements kept his head out of his ass with the playcalling

juice
10-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Yes, that's probably true about how starting JP might cause a revolt...in truth, I don't think it matters which one we start this week. I think this week will be McGahee's week to shine. The Jets run D is somewhat suspect and they were able to beat TB b'cse of Cadillac being out. Their current deficiencies tailor to us well. On the other side, they will need to use Curtis Martin alot to beat us. Given that his backup, Blaylock is out, rookie Cedrick Houston will have to spell Martin from time to time. Unless he ends up being another Willie Parker, we should have the advantage there. We will need to disguise our blitzes better against Vinny and should be able to get to him atleast a few times...I don't know about the Jets run defense being suspect.. they've actually been extremly tough to run on and are rated in the top 10 in run defense if I'm not mistaken.

Denver could knock them off if that SD game wore them out or they picked up some injuries.

HendersonD06
10-11-2005, 07:19 PM
It's simple... Start J.P. Losman and the Jets front 7, Vilma, Hobson, Barton, J.Reed, J.Abraham, D.Robertson, and S.Ellis will have him running, scrambling like a chicken with his head cut off... Start K-H... And have a chance for alot of sacks... I dont like to talk shiit, but I just dont see the Bills getting a win this week... Jets are a playoff team for a reason, and if Martin gets rolling... It's over, Cause I dont see McGahee running on this Defence... With that, I even had to bench him in my Fantasy league this week for J.Bettis...

Devin
10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
course you do.

juice
10-11-2005, 08:25 PM
It's simple... Start J.P. Losman and the Jets front 7, Vilma, Hobson, Barton, J.Reed, J.Abraham, D.Robertson, and S.Ellis will have him running, scrambling like a chicken with his head cut off... Start K-H... And have a chance for alot of sacks... I dont like to talk shiit, but I just dont see the Bills getting a win this week... Jets are a playoff team for a reason, and if Martin gets rolling... It's over, Cause I dont see McGahee running on this Defence... With that, I even had to bench him in my Fantasy league this week for J.Bettis...You mean Old Man Martin that has struggled thus far, is nursing an injury, and just lost his backup for the season.. I've got 2 words for Martin seeing 100 yds this game - Lawyer Milloy, he's taylor made to stop My Favorite Martin from having a big day.

I also don't see Older man Vinny being very successful throwing in Nates' direction to his favorite target, as slow as Vinny is our DEs shuold be effective getting pressure on him.

More than last week this game looks like a Multple Sack, Multiple Pick situation for this TO hungry Bills Defense.

Keeping Willis under 120 will be nearly impossible this week, he'll touch the rock 30x against the Jets.

HendersonD06
10-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Exactly... That's what I been saying... Willis will have to run the ball 25-32 times this week, but the Jets know it's coming at the front 7 will stop little Willis all game long, Im not just talking shiit, It's just I know what this team can do to stop the run... You said L.Milloy is taylor made to stop the run game of Curtis? Well you all are without one of the NFL's best MLB's in T.Spikes... While the Jets have, J.Abraham, D.Robertson, J.Reed, **S.Ellis**, J.ViLma, E.Barton, and V.Hobson to stop the run game from Buffalo... Buffalo will not know what the HELLo to do when we stop this run game.

juice
10-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Exactly... That's what I been saying... Willis will have to run the ball 25-32 times this week, but the Jets know it's coming at the front 7 will stop little Willis all game long, Im not just talking shiit, It's just I know what this team can do to stop the run... You said L.Milloy is taylor made to stop the run game of Curtis? Well you all are without one of the NFL's best MLB's in T.Spikes... While the Jets have, J.Abraham, D.Robertson, J.Reed, **S.Ellis**, J.ViLma, E.Barton, and V.Hobson to stop the run game from Buffalo... Buffalo will not know what the HELLo to do when we stop this run game.They won't know what to do?? They'll do the same thing they did this past week against the Phins, A few screens to WM to get outside that 8 in the box, and holcomb will be asked to go 20/26 short to medium routes to the superior Speed and athletes we have at WR. Moulds, Evans, and Reed will force the jets to spread things out a bit.. and then Willis will bust that ass on carries 30-35 just like he did last year, when he put up ABUCKFORTY on basically the same defense.. Vilma got drug around the field last year in the 4th quarter.

Devin
10-11-2005, 08:52 PM
This kid is off his rocker. Basically sounds like oneof those fin fans from last week.