PDA

View Full Version : Can Holcomb save the season?

The_Philster
10-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Sal: When we talk about quarterbacks being saviors in Buffalo, only two come to mind. Jim Kelly is the undeniable savior of the franchise for the way he reversed its fortunes when he arrived in 1986. And I guess Doug Flutie earned the tag in 1998 when he turned that sagging season around at a time when the Bills were desperately trying to sell luxury seats during critical stadium lease negotiations. As for Kelly Holcomb, he played a decent, efficient game against Miami, but I don't think I'm ready to say he saved anything yet.
Leo: What he saved was coach Mike Mularkey's backside, at least for a week. I'm beginning to think the decision to cut Drew Bledsoe and start J.P. Losman was driven to some degree by marketing. Nothing sparks excitement like a QB change, and the Bills sold their most season tickets since 1993. If that's true, the Bills deserved to lose three of their first four games before pulling the plug on the Great J.P. Experiment. Anyway, winning one game doesn't make anybody a savior, and while I liked many of the things Holcomb did Sunday, it's disturbing to think the Keystone Kop Dolphins still had the Bills on the ropes and could've won that game.more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051011/SPORTS03/510110340/1007/SPORTS)

ArcticWildMan
10-11-2005, 04:50 AM
One game and suddenly he's the savior of the season? LMAO!!!