PDA

View Full Version : New England proves everyone wrong again

BillsFever21
10-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I can't even believe some people saying they were finished. That is a complete joke. Unfortunately proved it yesterday.

OpIv37
10-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I said in preseason that they'll win the division and I stand by that. But they could easily be 0-5 right now. If the Steelers make one play, or the refs don't give the Patriots bonus time to score the game-winning FG, loss. If Atlanta makes one play, it's a loss.

The Colts, Steelers or Chargers (if they can get their act together) will knock them out this year, but it will be a couple of weeks into January before it happens.

BillsFever21
10-11-2005, 08:29 AM
I said in preseason that they'll win the division and I stand by that. But they could easily be 0-5 right now. If the Steelers make one play, or the refs don't give the Patriots bonus time to score the game-winning FG, loss. If Atlanta makes one play, it's a loss.

The Colts, Steelers or Chargers (if they can get their act together) will knock them out this year, but it will be a couple of weeks into January before it happens.

A lot of teams have "if's"

If we would've done this or that we would have this record or what not. Good teams make their own breaks and win close games.

BillsFever21
10-11-2005, 08:30 AM
A lot of people here were saying they will be lucky to win 8 games. That will never happen.

OpIv37
10-11-2005, 08:38 AM
A lot of people here were saying they will be lucky to win 8 games. That will never happen.

yeah I never bought that- I think I predicted they'd be 12-4 or 11-5, which will be enough to win the division. Not dominating like last year, but still damn good.

Kerr
10-11-2005, 10:47 AM
I don't know. I'm still not completely sold, yet. They beat a banged up secondary and a Vick-less falcon team. I'm not taking anthing away from the pats, but if Vick had played, I think he would made bigger plays for the falcons and would have made Bilichek's job a little tougher.

AndreReed83
10-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Sometimes those "ifs" start catching up to teams though. Heck, past years, the Pats would have won some of the games they lost this year. The Falcons forgot how to tackle in the 1st and 3rd quaters. If (there's that word again) they make some of those tackles, it's probably a blow out for the Falcons.

DMBcrew36
10-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Fact: New England is still a bunch of homos, especially Brady.
Fact: They're on their way down.

And yes, I am biased because I hate the Pats. Though, I really do think they're on their way down, whether they're lucky enough to make it to the playoffs or not.

colin
10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Fact: New England is still a bunch of homos, especially Brady.
Fact: They're on their way down.

And yes, I am biased because I hate the Pats. Though, I really do think they're on their way down, whether they're lucky enough to make it to the playoffs or not.

true on both accounts!

Iehoshua
10-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't know. I'm still not completely sold, yet. They beat a banged up secondary and a Vick-less falcon team. I'm not taking anthing away from the pats, but if Vick had played, I think he would made bigger plays for the falcons and would have made Bilichek's job a little tougher.
A win is a win, but they had a hard time holding the Falcons down, too, in their weakened state. I'm actually not sold that they're "back"...

Philagape
10-11-2005, 03:03 PM
They're still a contender but not the team they once were. (which is what I've been saying since the summer)

DynaPaul
10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Give me a break! They BARELY beat Atlanta.

Typ0
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
They are still the same team with some key injuries...but they also are the team that stands in EVERYONES way and they have a tough schedule. I would not at all be suprised to see them struggle to finish over .500.

RedEyE
10-11-2005, 07:03 PM
NE didn't do anything spectacular IMO. The Falcons D collapsed on the last drive. Plus, the Patriots gave up over 300 yards in the air to a backup QB, they were only 30% efficient on 3rd downs, and they gave the Falcons 3 first downs on penalties after commiting a total of 11 penalities for 83 yards. Plus the Falcons only netted 113 yards on the ground. That's just completley unlik them, and mostly because Vick was not playing.

BillsFever21
10-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Give me a break! They BARELY beat Atlanta.

What does that say for us then? We got whipped at home against them and NE beat them on the road.

ChaelTD
10-12-2005, 05:05 PM
What does that say for us then? We got whipped at home against them and NE beat them on the road.

People will say that it doesnt matter cause Vick wasnt in there, but NE always seems to win those games. Whether a bad team or a good one they keep it close and win. I dont think they look nearly as strong this year, but I wouldnt count them out until they are knocked out.

BillsFever21
10-12-2005, 05:39 PM
People will say that it doesnt matter cause Vick wasnt in there, but NE always seems to win those games. Whether a bad team or a good one they keep it close and win. I dont think they look nearly as strong this year, but I wouldnt count them out until they are knocked out.

I don't think they'll make the Super Bowl this year but they will be a contender. Some talk like they won't even make the playoffs. I hate to say it but they will win the division.