PDA

View Full Version : OUr OC

justasportsfan
10-11-2005, 08:35 AM
What's with all this conservative play calling? After we led 17-0 , I still wasn't confident about winning. That's what I don't like about nice guy coaches. They don't go for the kill.

The falcons had a depleted secondary, we run. The fins' secondary was getting owned, we get conservative. WTF?

I hope it changes now that Holcomb will have more time to practice w/ the 1st team. Next time, put, your foot on the fins' throat and do the twist ,when they're down. If the fins were diciplined, we could've lost because our coach is Mother Theressa.

Historian
10-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Amen, JD.

colin
10-11-2005, 09:19 AM
true,

the fins made solid half time adjustments, but we are MUCH better in the first few drives every week.

we did have 2 cast offs at RG and RT, so i am not too worried about that, but we had calls like spread O on third and 3 and third and less than 5.

i wouldn't call the play calling conservative as much as a bit too much like gilbride

justasportsfan
10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
i wouldn't call the play calling conservative as much as a bit too much like gilbrideactually, gilbride would've thrown. Problem is , he still wants to thow even w/ a 30 pt. lead.

colin
10-11-2005, 09:26 AM
actually, gilbride would've thrown. Problem is , he still wants to thow even w/ a 30 pt. lead.

yeah, but the spread O on third and short!???! and the constant passing on first down. too close for my comfort!

justasportsfan
10-11-2005, 09:28 AM
yeah, but the spread O on third and short!???! and the constant passing on first down. too close for my comfort! I didn't know that's what you meant and I agree.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Good thread, justa. Our going into a shell in the second half almost cost us the game. I think Clements' predictable, unimaginative and ultraconservative play calling has been a major factor in JP's slow start as well.

justasportsfan
10-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Good thread, justa. Our going into a shell in the second half almost cost us the game. I think Clements' predictable, unimaginative and ultraconservative play calling has been a major factor in JP's slow start as well.
another thing, if we want JP to get more experience , blow the teams away so that JP can come in. I know our O may not be equipped to blow away any teams but can't if we don't at least try.

Kerr
10-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, we're gonna have to air it out more. This is why guys like Evans and Parrish were drafted.