PDA

View Full Version : We are NOT moving Noronen...

Makaveli
10-11-2005, 09:48 AM
apparently this was on the Buffalo news...

The Sabres could have solved their three-headed goaltending situation several weeks ago, when Atlanta offered a second-round pick for Mika Noronen. Sources said Thrashers General Manager Don Waddell initially offered a third-round pick before upping the ante.

Waddell was looking to complete a deal quickly and ran out of patience while waiting for a response from Darcy Regier. The Thrashers, desperate for a goalie after losing Pasi Nurminen to a knee injury, eventually signed unrestricted free agent Mike Dunham.

Regier could get a second chance. Atlanta was intent on playing prospect Kari Lehtonen, who is sidelined with groin problems. A second-round pick for Noronen would have been insulting three years ago, but not now. If Atlanta offers it again, Regier should take it.

a second round, thats a hell of a lot more than expected, and we never jumped on the chance to take it, so to me this is PROOF that Mika will NOT go...

EDIT: Post 500 :D

Philagape
10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
I've been saying all along Marty will get traded

SkateZilla
10-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Noronen Will Clear Waivers and Go help Leighton in the AHL

Makaveli
10-11-2005, 10:51 AM
definently not

Demon
10-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Calm down, a 2nd rounder would have been nice, but i think Regier is looking to fix the blueline, and who can blame him?

Ebenezer
10-11-2005, 11:32 AM
If you can get a 2nd for Mika just think of what you can get for Biron...

qcsabresfan84
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
I bet that Regier isn't trying to build for the future anymore. Mika is worth at least an above average defenseman, just with his potential alone. I would be dissapointed to see any of our goalies traded for just a draft pick.

Turf
10-11-2005, 04:55 PM
A second round pick in hockey is useless. Get a warm body in here.