PDA

View Full Version : Who does Mularkey think he's fooling?

Earthquake Enyart
10-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Why be so coy and cute about who's starting at QB next week?

Would anyone in their right mind, think that he's going to go back to JP?

His little attempted mind games are stupid. :down:

northernbillfan
10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
As he mentioned on Coach Speak last night it's better to not announce it right now.

The Bills have two game plans. One for when JP is in with plays designed for JP to run. The other is for when Holcomb is in.

If they name one QB now, the Jets will have time to plan for that particular QB. By not naming the starter the Jets have to focus on getting ready for either. That scatters their attention.

IMO it's a good move.

OpIv37
10-11-2005, 12:26 PM
but I think EE's point is that the Jets are going to game plan for Holcomb, because if Mularkey has any brains that's who he'll play. Also, the way Losman's been playing, the Jets can probably beat us with minimal preparation. Basically, everyone and their brother knows it's Holcomb and Mularkey's not gaining anything with his charade.

northernbillfan
10-11-2005, 12:27 PM
That makes sense.

Kerr
10-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Basically, everyone and their brother knows it's Holcomb and Mularkey's not gaining anything with his charade.

Precisely.

G. Host
10-11-2005, 12:34 PM
MM is basically establishing with the press that he is NOT going to announce starter. As long as he is consistant with that maybe press will stop bothering to ask the question.

footballhottie
10-11-2005, 12:36 PM
He's like a girl...mind games..beating around the bush

Devin
10-11-2005, 12:42 PM
lol.........bush.

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2005, 12:54 PM
He's like a girl...mind games..beating around the bush

I agree with girls and mind games, but I think you mixed up the genders on the second part. It's the guys that do that. :hump:

:snicker:

Pride
10-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Wow! I actually agree with EE! :up:

Novacane
10-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Because he thinks everyone else is as dumb as he is

footballhottie
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
lol.........bush. lol i can't say penis or sandy vagina with out laughing. :funny:

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Also, the way Losman's been playing, the Jets can probably beat us with minimal preparation.
It takes 3 minutes to gameplan for JP. All-out blitz every play. Jets win.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Why be so coy and cute about who's starting at QB next week?
Would anyone in their right mind, think that he's going to go back to JP?
His little attempted mind games are stupid. :down:
I agree. It makes him look dumber than he already is. And that's going some.

footballhottie
10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Its not thats he's dumb, He's donahoes little pet monkey, mularkey isn't thinking for himself.

DraftBoy
10-11-2005, 03:48 PM
MM is basically establishing with the press that he is NOT going to announce starter. As long as he is consistant with that maybe press will stop bothering to ask the question.

Since when were the press that smart?

Dozerdog
10-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Who gives a flying F what the coach tells the press?

They need something to complain about to sell papers.

The_Philster
10-11-2005, 06:33 PM
As he mentioned on Coach Speak last night it's better to not announce it right now.

The Bills have two game plans. One for when JP is in with plays designed for JP to run. The other is for when Holcomb is in.

If they name one QB now, the Jets will have time to plan for that particular QB. By not naming the starter the Jets have to focus on getting ready for either. That scatters their attention.

IMO it's a good move.
Therein lies the problem..I still say Clements is so in love with JP's physical skills like mobility and arm strength, that he's giving him as much as he can..why else would we not run the ball more often like we did against the Fish?