• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

How's Joe Ferguson doing?

Does anybody have an update on his condition?
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: How's Joe Ferguson doing?

he's not starting this week is he?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
      he's not starting this week is he?
      the Jets called him but decided he was still too young.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Fergy has cancer. I believe that is what Billsology is eluding to.

I don't know man, but he is in my prayers still.

Comment

• CanaanVtBillsFan
          • Sep 2003

Wow that sucks He honestly was my favorite Bill along with Joe Cribbs. When I was a little kid I use to go to all the games and hang out and get autographs and at that time he was one of my favorites
          Get Well Soon Fergy
          TommieBoy

Comment

• CanaanVtBillsFan
            • Sep 2003

I didn't realise this was rather old news I looked for new updates , but couldn't find anything. This is what I found

Quarterback Joe Ferguson 6 May, 2005, 07:25 pm
            Former Buffalo Bills quarterback Joe Fergeson was diagnosed with lymphoma last month. Ferguson, 55, is undergoing chemotherapy at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.

Ferguson was selected by the Bills in the third round of the 1973 draft. Named as the starter by the season opener, Ferguson threw only 164 passes during his first year because head coach Lou Saban's strategy was to have the rookie hand the ball off to O.J. Simpson. The plan worked well considering Simpson set an NFL rushing record with 2,003 yards. Ferguson remained the starting quarterback through the Saban days, the Jim Ringo days, and was still there when Chuck Knox became Buffalo's head coach in '78. He developed into something much more than just a guy who could hand off. 4 times in his career he threw for 20 or more TDs in a season. In 1983, in the twilight of his career, he outduelled a brash new rookie starting his very first game in Miami, a guy named Dan Marino. Ferguson set Bills single game records for attempts (55), completions (38) and passing yards (419) in a 38-35 overtime win. It was the Bills 1st victory in the Orange Bowl since 1966.
            TommieBoy

Comment

• vicmantak
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by CanaanVtBillsFan
              Wow that sucks He honestly was my favorite Bill along with Joe Cribbs.
              I exactly feel the same way. It seems that we lived the USFL side-effects days.
              On the other hand, Joe Ferguson was succesfully undergoing his second chemotherapy on mid-July... then I couldn't find any updates or sites to send him prayers.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
              - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• frank74
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by CanaanVtBillsFan
                I didn't realise this was rather old news I looked for new updates , but couldn't find anything. This is what I found

Quarterback Joe Ferguson 6 May, 2005, 07:25 pm
                Former Buffalo Bills quarterback Joe Fergeson was diagnosed with lymphoma last month. Ferguson, 55, is undergoing chemotherapy at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.

Ferguson was selected by the Bills in the third round of the 1973 draft. Named as the starter by the season opener, Ferguson threw only 164 passes during his first year because head coach Lou Saban's strategy was to have the rookie hand the ball off to O.J. Simpson. The plan worked well considering Simpson set an NFL rushing record with 2,003 yards. Ferguson remained the starting quarterback through the Saban days, the Jim Ringo days, and was still there when Chuck Knox became Buffalo's head coach in '78. He developed into something much more than just a guy who could hand off. 4 times in his career he threw for 20 or more TDs in a season. In 1983, in the twilight of his career, he outduelled a brash new rookie starting his very first game in Miami, a guy named Dan Marino. Ferguson set Bills single game records for attempts (55), completions (38) and passing yards (419) in a 38-35 overtime win. It was the Bills 1st victory in the Orange Bowl since 1966.
                yeah, i loved fergy also and i hope he gets well.
                maybe mularkey should have done what saban did by letting our rookie qb hand-off to his star running back. just an idea coach.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I hope he's okay.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

nobody ripped their chin strap off and dragged their chin on the turf like fergy did.

hope fergy's doing well.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Historian
                      • Dec 2002

I just called the Bills to ask.

We'll see if Ms. Graham calls back with any info.

Comment

• Historian
                        • Dec 2002

Okay, I got a call back yesterday from Ms. Graham, the Director of alumni relations for the Bills.

She said that she talked to Joe last week. He is due for his last dose of chemo soon, and he feels surprisingly well.

Website to send well wishes:

Comment

Working...
                        X