PDA

View Full Version : The Regular Season is over - Peanut Gallery for Week 18!!

Ebenezer
10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Results will be up in just a few!!

Sportsuser101
10-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Woohoo! Congrats LA Playas for being the only team to beat me during the regular season.

But I did get screwed by Drummond not making 1st team. He had 7 TDs on special teams compared to Halls 2. Drummond also had a 19.6 punt return average which was 1st by far. The next closest player (Northcutt) had a 13.8 punt return average. Hall had 11 punt return average. Hall had a 1.5 yard average over Drummond in kick returning and the same amount of TDs.

The game screwed him but I can't complain. I lost 1 game and my team played the way I wanted them to play especially later in the year.

Congrats guys on a good 1st regular season. It was certainly fun.

The King
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
well I will forever be in the record books. 0-18!! ED REED got some recognition and David Carr served himself his own walking papers. Its ok though with Caddy on deck and 30 million in Cap space, we will be back. Who do we bring in as a new coach?

Sportsuser101
10-11-2005, 06:51 PM
well I will forever be in the record books. 0-18!! ED REED got some recognition and David Carr served himself his own walking papers. Its ok though with Caddy on deck and 30 million in Cap space, we will be back. Who do we bring in as a new coach?

It was between David Carr and Carson Palmer in the draft. Would have taken either. You took Carr and I took Palmer. Lucked out because I would have preferred Carr. Hey at least you get the #1 pick (the Matt Leinhart watch is over).

Ebenezer
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
It was between David Carr and Carson Palmer in the draft. Would have taken either. You took Carr and I took Palmer. Lucked out because I would have preferred Carr. Hey at least you get the #1 pick (the Matt Leinhart watch is over).

too bad he won't be able to use him for 2 seasons.

Devin
10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Leave to a team with an absentee owner to end my season.

Figures.

The King
10-12-2005, 06:41 AM

I think I am going to see where Schaub goes before I invest in Leinhart. Schaub will have 2 years experience and a starting job before Leinhart even gets his feet wet. Either one is a risk. I took Carr because of experience too so who knows.

Michael82
10-12-2005, 08:44 AM
SOB! I win my last two games, but the game I needed to win, I lose, because the computer put in Kyle Boller. :mad:

Damn it! And I only got 4 players in the All-Pro team? How is London Fletcher not on there? He was my most consistent LB. :sigh:

R. Rich
10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
I lost again. Shocking.

Too bad I didn't get any players on the All Pro teams. Then again, my team finished @ 3-15. They don't deserve much mention. I would've liked to see LBs Nick Barnett and Karlos Dansby, G Kendyl Jacox, and T Bryant McKinnie get some mention, though.

Oh well, on to the offseason. Looks like the Assassins will have the 2nd or 3rd overall pick in the draft. Works for me: I already know who I'm drafting there. I may look to trade back up into the first, if anyone is interested in trading down out of the first round.

Michael82
10-12-2005, 09:02 AM
My biggest problem is that I don't have much from the rookie draft, besides Marlin Jackson, Kyle Orton, and Reggie Brown. Oh and Darrent Williams for my return man. :ill:

R. Rich
10-12-2005, 09:07 AM
I went after quality over quantity. First, I went after defensive help, as I want to build a dominant D before anything else. So, I took DJ, who I believe was the best LB in the draft, then traded back into the first to get Thomas Davis, a tough, hard hitting safety that I can put up near the line of scrimmage to add run support. I then went after a versatile WR and got one in Craphonso Thorpe, who I envision taking over the kick return duties and being a reserve WR. I then went after a solid backup RB for Julius Jones and got one in Marion Barber (who is Jones' backup on the Cowboys as well). But, the player I was very happy to get is DE Chris Canty, who is having a very impressive rookie year for Dallas and may push my starting RDE, Anthony Weaver, for a starting job next season.

The King
10-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I feel I got three solid guys out of the draft, meaning three guys who will immediately make an impact for my team. Caddy obviously. Although he was a pick that many critized because Benson and Brown were both still available.
Travis Johnson will be playing opposite Stroud at DT which will move Spires back to DE. And Chauncy Davis has played will in relief for Atlanta I think that kid may end up being something special.

Courtney Roby will remain 4-5 @ WR.
OJ Atogwe has not seen much playtime yet. I am hoping to see him used at FS and LB giving him the diversity we were looking for when we drafted him.

and I have not seen much from my offensive lineman, but at the very least they are cheap backups.

Sportsuser101
10-12-2005, 09:54 AM
I basically have 2 guys from the rookie draft. Antrelle Rolle (out for the season) and Demarcus Ware who has played well. I got Eric Green late in the draft who has done a solid job as well. Duke Preston has been ok.

I did feel like I got 2 "rookies" late in the free agent draft. Jon Jansen and Ricky Williams should give me the depth I need.

R. Rich
10-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I basically have 2 guys from the rookie draft. Antrelle Rolle (out for the season) and Demarcus Ware who has played well. I got Eric Green late in the draft who has done a solid job as well. Duke Preston has been ok.

I did feel like I got 2 "rookies" late in the free agent draft. Jon Jansen and Ricky Williams should give me the depth I need.

Ware looks pretty good for Dallas. Heck, all 3 of them (Ware, Spears, and my 5th round BZFL pick, Canty) have looked good so far. The Cowboys are going to have a monster defense in a year or so. They may want to add a playmaker to the secondary, but other than that, they're good to go.

I think the Jags are in good shape for the long term (beyond season one). I still like the depth I have, long term-wise.

utmhead
10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey guys whats up, I am the new owner of one of the teams, either KC or NE. Hope you all have a productive off season and lets get it on in the spring.

L.A. Playa
10-12-2005, 12:19 PM
welcome aboard

R. Rich
10-12-2005, 12:21 PM
welcome aboard

Thanks.

The King
10-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks.

Richard you're not making a good first impression.

L.A. Playa
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Next year my offense will suck except for Neil Rackers but I think my defense maybe alot better looking at what is happening so far in the NFL

R. Rich
10-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Next year my offense will suck except for Neil Rackers but I think my defense maybe alot better looking at what is happening so far in the NFL

Your offense will suck? Why? Even if some players do get hurt, you can still use free agency and the draft to get through those injuries.

L.A. Playa
10-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Well Culpepper is a turnover machine this year, Mc Gahee has been so-so this year, Lee Evans has Sucked, Keary Colbert has Sucked, Isaac Bruce is hurt, Rod Smith is doing OK, Arnaz Battle is hurt and Michael Jenkins has been so-so. That means unles Kelly Holcomb tears it up the rest of the year I have a QB who is having a crappy year basically no WR's, No TE's and an average RB. I dont think there will be alot of skill positions in FA market. At least my defensive players are doing great so far 3 solid DE's, DT's doing well Lbs doing well and secondary looking better. And I have the secret weapon Neli Rackers LOL. I doubt my offense will be as good as it was this year unless some players start kicking it into gear.