PDA

View Full Version : What's the key to beating the Jets?

DaBills
10-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I really don't think it's JP or Kelly that are going to be the key – it's Willis. Rush him early, sustain drives, and at the same time this will keep Curtis Martin off the field via ball control. If we don't, Curtis could have a big day. On D, Vinny seemed to play a brady-like game and hit the short-range passes effectively, (and the deep ball at times). We have to bump the WRs at the line and not lay off 5-7 yards like we typically do. That, and pressure Vinny – otherwise it's a long day. What are everyone else's key factors?

YardRat
10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Scoring more points...or is that too obvious???

ZacGriffi~82
10-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Stopping Curtis Martin.

slakjaw157
10-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Knocking Vinny down so he breaks his hip.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Clements shutting down Coles.. Martin is good in short yardage situations, so keep the Jets at 2nd and 3rd and longs.. Pressure Vinny into mistakes.. Bills Offense needs to score with some of these turnovers the Defense is getting..

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Prayer. And lots of it.

Jersey1031
10-11-2005, 11:00 PM
...Giving Willis 25+ carries, Holcomb getting a passing game started spreading it around, and our DEF being stingy and coming out with alot of turnovers. Also not giving vinny too long to get back and get a good pass along, especially not a deep one.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-11-2005, 11:16 PM
We got the 12th man so NOISE is a key
Lots of Blitzing Hurry Vinny and the old man may toss a INT
No Dumb Penalties
No Give aways
No Missed Field Goals
Score when were in the Red Zone

We have to Improve on the Rushing Defense even though I think Martin always plays in pain we have to contain him and not fall apart in the second half

Lets face it they beat the Bucs that says alot for them
I know Williams didn't play, but they Bucs have a great Defense as do the Bills in some aspects

The Jets had three sacks and limited Tampa Bay to 285 yards despite 71 plays. That averages to 4 yards a play. (NFL.COM)

Tampa Bay was 2 of 14 on third down and also committed 12 penalties for 87 yards (so penalties was one factor that hurt the Bucs)

I've said in a previous post about their Kick/punt returner J. Cotchery coughing up the ball twice
We have a Kick Butt Special Teams and we need them to make huge plays

They seem to fumble the ball a lot

Only time will tell

Bring it on
The J-E-T-S S-U-C-K

OpIv37
10-11-2005, 11:20 PM
...Giving Willis 25+ carries, Holcomb getting a passing game started spreading it around, and our DEF being stingy and coming out with alot of turnovers. .

DING DING DING DING! We have our winner!

It's all about turnovers- when the D creates turnovers, everything else falls into place.

also, just once, we need to scoreTD in the 2nd half.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I forgot to mention Magee needs to keep that return average up and bust one loose

Meathead
10-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Scoring more points...or is that too obvious???
Not really.

Which is again why it's going to be Holcomb.

The rest of the teams are pretty similar, meaning it comes down to the quarterbacks.

In a duel with Holcomb, I'll take him over Vinnie any day.

vicmantak
10-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Offensively:
1. Start Holcombe
2. Move Moulds constantly to the slot (T. Law)
3. Do something to disrupt the undersized Jets middle (Vilma and Robertson are 6-1)

Defensively:
1. Tag the line
2. Stop the run
3. Let R. Denney use his big arms!

The_Philster
10-12-2005, 03:04 AM
proper game-planning..something we've only seen twice this season

Turf
10-12-2005, 05:20 AM
Although we have one of the most ineffective blitzes in the league, the key to beatin this old guy is clearly to blitz and pressure him and put him on his back.
Watch, Gray will sit back and give him all day this week.

YardRat
10-12-2005, 05:37 AM
We need a big play from one of the other units.

The defense or special teams are due to put points on the board.

frank74
10-12-2005, 07:03 AM
touchdowns!

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2005, 10:40 AM
proper game-planning..something we've only seen twice this season

Good point. In fact, I think we've seen it less than 25% of the time MM has been here.

Mike13
10-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Avoiding turnovers and running Willis, if you do that The Bills should beat the Jets.

broadway chad
10-12-2005, 12:12 PM
the jets run defence is good . The key to buffalo beating the jets is keeping the offence on the field. All of our 3 losses were because the defence wore out in the 4th quater cause they were out there for 75% of the time.

DynaPaul
10-12-2005, 08:37 PM
I really don't think it's JP or Kelly that are going to be the key – it's Willis. Rush him early, sustain drives, and at the same time this will keep Curtis Martin off the field via ball control. If we don't, Curtis could have a big day. On D, Vinny seemed to play a brady-like game and hit the short-range passes effectively, (and the deep ball at times). We have to bump the WRs at the line and not lay off 5-7 yards like we typically do. That, and pressure Vinny – otherwise it's a long day. What are everyone else's key factors?

Well I'm gonna say that the defense needs another big day. We really need to get a rush on Vinny, keep Coles from making any game breakers, and hold Martin to about 60 or less yards. The offense needs to establish the run early and then pass only when needed. Our passing game has to be quick, no deep developing routes as their D-line will probably be able to put some good heat on whoever starts for QB for us. If we stick to this plan and don't make any mistakes then we can pull out a win, it will be a close game, but we can pull it out.

And 12th man... BE THERE!

Lexwhat
10-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Get the ball to Roscoe Parrish (if he plays like that one report said) so that he can have a big day and will inject life into our offense. It will give us confidence and offensive firepower heading into our next game.

But I should forget about Oakland. For the Jets, let's:

1. Keep the ball away from Ty Law but otherwise spread the ball around.
2. Contain Abraham and Ellis. If they have their day, it will be a long day for Kelly and will result in costly fumbles and/or drive-killing sacks.
3. Kill them with deep passes to Lee Evans and Roscoe if he's playing. I know we got them with deep balls last year...have they improved at all this year?
4. Even though I agree we should control the tempo with Willis, we need to attack their secondary too. It's time for our offense to make some strides. For the Jets, I would say an equal balance of rush/pass, or maybe slightly more pass, would be beneficial. But not more rushing than passing. Anyone agree?
5. Of course, create turnovers. We usually win when we do.

I dunno about you guys, but I can't wait to see Roscoe. The excitement is driving me mad...

Okay, :calm: .

DaBills
10-12-2005, 09:46 PM
We really need to get a rush on Vinny, keep Coles from making any game breakers, and hold Martin to about 60 or less yards.

I think this could be key too since Vinny's been home watching TV for too long. He may still need a few weeks to get up to speed. I'd love to see a ton of all-out bltizing on D to pressure him.

Philster and others brings up another problem, which is the gameplanning, (or lack thereof). I gotta think if the O or the D keep faltering, MM, Jerry Gray or Tom Clements have got to be on the hot seat.

I thought MM was supposed to bring a more wide-open game to Buffalo, but instead we got three years of the reverse with Drew and all of two screen passes this year.