PDA

View Full Version : Guess who leads the NFL in Fantasy points for a QB?

Meathead
10-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Note:

READING THIS POST SIGNIFIES THAT YOU AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POST AND IS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT.

THIS POST REPRESENTS, IN WHOLE AND IN PART, A STATEMENT OF FACT BY THE STATEE.

THIS STATEMENT DOES NOT IMPLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, A LOVE OF NOR A WISH OF A RETURN NOR AN OBSESSION WITH SAID PLAYER.

THE PARTY OF THE SECOND PART AGREES THAT THE PARTY OF THE FIRST PART DOES NOT WISH TO LICK SAID PLAYERS BALLS, EAT HIS JOCKSTRAP, SUCK HIS COCKTAIL WILLIE, OR ANY OTHER METROSEXUAL BEHAVIOR OR DESIRES.

FURTHERMORE, PARTY OF THE SECOND PART AGREES TO WITHHOLD VICIOUS LIES ABOUT THE PARTY OF THE FIRST PART, OR TO PUBLISH SUCH LIES WITHIN A REP COMMENT OR A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Elizabeth-Victoria K. ok now tell me

STAMPY
10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
HOLCOMBMANIA!

madness
10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
My guess Would be D. Bledsoe of the D. Cowboys.

Unfortunately yes. :shakeno:

northernbillfan
10-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Note:
READING THIS POST SIGNIFIES THAT YOU AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POST AND IS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT.
THIS POST REPRESENTS, IN WHOLE AND IN PART, A STATEMENT OF FACT BY THE STATEE.
THIS STATEMENT DOES NOT IMPLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, A LOVE OF NOR A WISH OF A RETURN NOR AN OBSESSION WITH SAID PLAYER.
THE PARTY OF THE SECOND PART AGREES THAT THE PARTY OF THE FIRST PART DOES NOT WISH TO LICK SAID PLAYERS BALLS, EAT HIS JOCKSTRAP, SUCK HIS COCKTAIL WILLIE, OR ANY OTHER METROSEXUAL BEHAVIOR OR DESIRES.
FURTHERMORE, PARTY OF THE SECOND PART AGREES TO WITHHOLD VICIOUS LIES ABOUT THE PARTY OF THE FIRST PART, OR TO PUBLISH SUCH LIES WITHIN A REP COMMENT OR A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Stewie
10-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the first 8 games of 2002: 89.6
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the last 8 games of 2002: 75.3
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the first 8 games of 2003:78.1
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the last 8 games of 2003: 68.6
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the first 8 games of 2004: 70.6
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the last 8 games of 2004: 79.3

So lets see.. drew had one season in buffalo that he finished stronger than he started. And he finished it with a 79 rating, coincidentally right near his 78 career rating average.

Drew Bledsoe is a 78-qb-rating quarterback. Always has been and always will be. Dallas will find that out, and so will the dumb bills fans that want him back.

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 10:13 AM
God i hate that guy so much :rant:

Philagape
10-12-2005, 10:16 AM
If QBs got fantasy points for fourth-quarter chokes, Drew would be even more in the lead.

clumping platelets
10-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I bet we would be 4-1 with him

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 10:27 AM
no we wouldn't...Our O line sucks...he needs a line that will give him enough time to get his head out of his ass...the cowboys do that for him.

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2005, 10:32 AM
If QBs got fantasy points for fourth-quarter chokes, Drew would be even more in the lead.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the first 8 games of 2002: 89.6
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the last 8 games of 2002: 75.3
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the first 8 games of 2003:78.1
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the last 8 games of 2003: 68.6
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the first 8 games of 2004: 70.6
Drew Bledsoe's qb rating for the last 8 games of 2004: 79.3

So lets see.. drew had one season in buffalo that he finished stronger than he started. And he finished it with a 79 rating, coincidentally right near his 78 career rating average.

Drew Bledsoe is a 78-qb-rating quarterback. Always has been and always will be. Dallas will find that out, and so will the dumb bills fans that want him back.

Don't confuse people with the facts. They will find out eventually.

Meathead
10-12-2005, 10:36 AM
certain

Slyster
10-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Drew Bledsoe has 29 4th QT Comebacks / OT wins in his career. Doesnt look like he chocks to me.

Looks like nothing more than a myth so haters can sleep at night.

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Yet another alias from the DLC. Why hide? :shakeno:

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Just another FACT to list:

The rankings of the three defenses Drew faced and won:

SD: 26th
SF: 32nd
Philly: 25th

Hopefully this will help those few people understand the Reality of Drew.

Philagape
10-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Drew Bledsoe has 29 4th QT Comebacks / OT wins in his career. Doesnt look like he chocks to me.

Looks like nothing more than a myth so haters can sleep at night.

Is he 29-for-29? Didn't think so. I didn't say he NEVER succeeds. But he fails too much to make him a great QB.

He has two chokes already this season.

Philagape
10-12-2005, 11:02 AM

Not a chance. Not behind our line.

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Is he 29-for-29? Didn't think so. I didn't say he NEVER succeeds. But he fails to much to make him a great QB.

He has two chokes already this season.

And guess what the rankings of the D's were that he choked against?

Washington: 5th
Oakland: 15th

So absolutely nothing has changed. He does well against crappy defenses and usually chokes against the good ones.

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Have fun watching J.P. develop by the way. Looks like he'll be a great one.

You are not a troll, you are a DLC'er who doesn't have the guts to post with his regular ID. I can at least respect other DLC'ers and will debate with them because they are still Bills' fans.

And you certainly aren't a Bills fan saying what you just said. So I'm not going to waste any more time with you.

Welcome to ignore.

Philagape
10-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Counting last year's finale, half of Drew's last six games are failed comebacks. :loser:

Philagape
10-12-2005, 11:26 AM
This message is hidden because J.P.is just pathetic is on your ignore list.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Favre is first in my league. Bledsoe is 4th.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I said from the beginning that I was thinking we should have kept Drew for another season. I did and still to see what they were thinking with this move, especially after signing Holcomb. My only beef was they waited to long to make the change.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I also feel that for these people who are already calling JP a bust are suffering from amnesia. They must have missed the first years of about 99% of QBs in this league when they make statements like this.

justasportsfan
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Just another FACT to list:

The rankings of the three defenses Drew faced and won:

SD: 26th
SF: 32nd
Philly: 25th

Hopefully this will help those few people understand the Reality of Drew.
and how did he do agains the skins D? Typical Drew, wins against weaker D's and average at best against top D's.

Slyster
10-12-2005, 03:50 PM
21/36 for 261 Yards / 1 TD 0 INTs / 0 sacks.

Whats that? Drew's stats against the Redskins. He done just fine and it is not possible to classify that as choking. The defense let up two big pass plays which were the same play and could be classified as a hail mary.

Bledsoe has 2 comback wins this year with 1 game in which he possible could have done it but failed ( Raiders ).

For whoever said that Bledsoe is not 29 for 29 in comebacks.. Well yes he is considering you have to win for it to qualify as a comeback win.

SquishDaFish
10-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Drew is always good for the first half of his very first season on new team. Not to mention Dallas is known for their awesome OL which is what drew NEEDS! And we do not have a wall of 400lb 80ft wide Olers to block for him.

Philagape
10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
21/36 for 261 Yards / 1 TD 0 INTs / 0 sacks.

Whats that? Drew's stats against the Redskins. He done just fine and it is not possible to classify that as choking. The defense let up two big pass plays which were the same play and could be classified as a hail mary.

Bledsoe has 2 comback wins this year with 1 game in which he possible could have done it but failed ( Raiders ).

For whoever said that Bledsoe is not 29 for 29 in comebacks.. Well yes he is considering you have to win for it to qualify as a comeback win.

Against the Redskins, Drew had 2:35 to just get the team into FG range. That's plenty of time, and he failed, and it was his fault with bad throws. Not only is it possible to call that choking, but it's the very definition of it. The defense allowed 14 points, and Drew could not top that. I guess he's not the savior after all. You can blame the D all you want, but start another thread about that because this one is about Drew.
It doesn't matter what a QB does for 57 minutes if he blows it in the final three with the game on the line. I don't care if he completed 95 percent for 400 yards; he blew it when it mattered. This is the story of Drew's career; he can put up gobs of meaningless numbers but he is not reliable in the clutch, and clutch is what makes QB great.

BillsFever21
10-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Not another Drew Bledsoe thread.

BillsFever21
10-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Not another Drew Bledsoe thread.

ryjam282
10-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't know what kind of scoring you guys use but in my league, Mark Bulger is leading. He is #1 in pass yards and completions, and isn't doing too bad in TD's either....

Novacane
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
This message is hidden because J.P.is just pathetic is on your ignore list.

ditto. If everyone would wise up the troll would go away :up:

BillsFever21
10-12-2005, 04:31 PM
I think Meathead wants Drew's meathead.

Novacane
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM

He's already had it. Thats why he love him

Jersey1031
10-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Favre is first in my league. Bledsoe is 4th.

bledsoe is 5th in my league, palmer is 1st...

Slyster
10-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I cant quote using Firefox so this goes otu to Phil.

On that drive you talked about in your last post Drew hit Crayton for the first down but he dropped the ball ( good hit by Taylor ). Then the next play he hit Glenn for the completion but Glenn ran his route short of the first down marker.

Lets look at the playcalling for that series.

1st Down - Jones runs for 6 yards.

2nd Down - Pass - Incomplete

3rd - Down - Pass - Incomplete

4th Down - Pass - Complete short of first down.

Why pass 3 straight times after picking that much up on the ground on first? Very bad choice in playcalling there.

How about that holding call the drive before? Bledsoe hit Keyshawn on an out which would have sealed the game if not for the holding call.

The fact is Drew did what any otehr " great " QB would do .

No holding = gameover.

Crayton holds on to the ball = gameover - field goal range.

Glenn runs his route passed the first down marker = gameover - field goal range.

The decision to stay conservative after being up 13-0 instead of going for the throat was what cost them the game. The times Dallas went deep resulted in a TD and a couple long yardage plays.

How does it feel grasping for straws and coming up with air?

Edit :Bledsoe is first in fantasy points in some leagues. In all depends on how that league works.

Philagape
10-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I watched the game.

2nd down -- intended for Witten at right sideline. Bad throw.
3rd down -- a typical Drew short pass that gets his receiver killed

And then there's his second chance
1st down -- Incomplete to Glenn
2nd -- Incomplete to Keyshawn
3rd -- 20-yard pass to Glenn
1st -- spike
2nd -- Incomplete to Crayton
3rd - complete to Jones, 9 yards, last play of game

Drew throws accurate passes = game over.

Drew F's up and it's the fault of the play call??? There's no whining in football!! Did the call make Drew throw a crappy pass? Yeah, they should have stayed on the ground because Drew couldn't get it done. Not counting the spike, he was 3-for-8 in the final 2:35, but in your Drew-loving world nothing is ever his fault, right?

I can't answer your question because I came up with facts, not air

Meathead
10-13-2005, 05:31 AM
YOU ARE HEARBY INFORMED THAT THIS POST IS A BREACH OF CONTRACT. SAID BREACH IS PUNISHABLE BY A FULL WHUPPIN' BY CNTryGAL AT SUCH TIME WHEREAS AND WHEREFORE SHE BECOMES SOBER. IF SAID SOBRIETY IS NOT FORTHCOMING FORTHWITH WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS THEN SECONDARY PUNISHMENT IS TO SIT NEXT TO MIKEY AFTER BURRITO NIGHT AT OLD COUNTRY BUFFET.

Michael82
10-13-2005, 06:46 AM
Did you forget about how bad our offensive line is? If Bledsoe were still here... he'd have 30 sacks and 6 fumbles. :ill:

Meathead
10-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Going into the season the Cowboy's OL was as big a concern as the Bills'.

Let's face it, so far this season Bledsoe is the best QB in the league. It's like a dagger to the heart, but let's not pretend otherwise.